Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-08-17, 02:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Kinsky Desktop Problem

Kinsky Desktop Problem
2011-03-24, 00:27
RE: Kinsky Desktop Problem
I have exactly the same problem as described by "mikmad" and after implementing all recommendations my Kinsky Desktop still does not work. I've been using it for nearly 12 months and enjoyed it very much.

Here it is; the Kinsky Desktpop is not opening correctly: After clicking on "Kinsky Desktop" icon nothing happens immediately. After a few seconds there is a flash on the screen and the KD icon appears on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. When I left-click on the icon the KD window is only displayed in a very small window (5.8x29 cm) and won't switch to full screen. I can still play some music by clicking on the KD icon that appears on the right hand side of the toolbar ("show hidden icons") that gives you a menu (Repeat,shuffle, Play, Next Mute..) and I can play some music I put previously on my selection when KD was still working. But I can't select any new new music files.

I tried to reload Kinsky Desktop and Asset UPnP configuration programs but with no result. I also tried unsuccessfully to make a system recovery from previous recovery files. The problem persists.

Could one of your experts help me?. I'm a 70-young folk and need the help of younger wizards.

My system: Majik DS, Windows 7
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2011-03-24, 02:03
Claude, if you right-click on the toolbar icon, then click maximise, does that give you a fullscreen window?
2011-03-24, 02:40
Hi MnM,

No, if I right-click on the tool bar Kinsky Desktop icon it just opens a new window with
-Kinsky Desktop
-Pin (or unpin) the program to taskbar
-close the window
If I clink on Kinsky Destop it just opens another Kinsky desktop small window
Thanks for your help,
Claude
2011-03-24, 06:38
Have you tried placing the mouse pointer at the edge of the little kindly window until it becomes a double headed arrow and then dragging it out? It could be tht the window is resized to a very small size and you need drag the edges out.

For windows vista users, I would highly recommend upgrading to windows 7. Upgrade is cheaper than buying win7 brand new, but if you can afford it, just get a full version. Home premium edition should be good enough for most people.

Why don't we all... just listen?
2011-03-24, 09:01
(2010-08-13 20:32)mikmak Wrote:  Been using this for 4 months with no problems. The following issue has arisen. I am using a Windows Vista.

When I click on the desktop icon nothing happens immediately. After a few seconds there is a flash on the screen. KD appears on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. When I left click on it nothing happens. Anyone experienced this problem?

What version of KinskyDesktop are you using?

There was a bug with remembering the window size which would mean that upon restarting KinskyDesktop the window was created with dimensions of 0,0. The bug has been fixed - I don't remember the exact version... You can fix the problem by either modifying your options file or uninstalling KinskyDesktop (clicking the tick box at the end to delete your options file) and then reinstalling.

David
2011-03-24, 14:35
To Stunta,

Yes I tried for hours to play with the little bastard, kindly, stubborn window but it won't change its size.

To davidd,

My Kinsky Destop version is 3.2.2.0. But remember it worked beautifully for nearly one full year. Also, I uninstalled and reinstalled the sky Desktop program.

Many thanks for your help.
2011-03-24, 17:22
Hello,

have you tried the instructions in the linn Docs site, DS Troubleshooting

Regards
Yoda
"Good relations with the Wookiees, I have"
2011-03-24, 18:29
(2011-03-24 14:35)Claude Sang Wrote:  To Stunta,

Yes I tried for hours to play with the little bastard, kindly, stubborn window but it won't change its size.

To davidd,

My Kinsky Destop version is 3.2.2.0. But remember it worked beautifully for nearly one full year. Also, I uninstalled and reinstalled the sky Desktop program.

Many thanks for your help.

You are using a very old version of KinskyDesktop! The current version is 3.3.27 and includes the fix for the bug that you are experiencing.

You should first uninstall KinskyDesktop remembering to tick "Uninstall application settings". Then install v3.3.27, which you can get from here

David
2011-03-25, 01:03
Thanks very much David : It works !

Thank you also MnM, Mikmak, Stunta, Yoda your help has been greatly appreciated.

All the best for you all,

Claude
2011-03-25, 01:17
Glad to see the problem resolved. Linn should consider making Kinsky auto-updateable. Can't expect everyone to go keep looking for updates every now and then.

Why don't we all... just listen?