Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-10-31, 19:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn / Linn DS v / Twonky 6.0.30 is out

Twonky 6.0.30 is out
2010-12-08, 15:08
Twonky 6.0.30 is out
http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8913

A LOT of fix...

Changes
o added "Nokia Home Music" to clients.db
o On language change a database rebuild is no longer necessary
o Added mobile view to selectable views
o Renamed "simple default navigation" to "classic media navigation"
o Renamed "advanced default navigation" to "advanced media navigation"
o INI file can now accept mobile and folder view as default setting

Bug Fixes
-fixed: LPCM files are not working on PS3
-fixed: Duplicate content is displayed on enabling Aggregation.
-fixed: Reposition forward and backward is not working in case of WMA file on NETGEAR MP101
-fixed: Toshiba REGZA TV Cannot Play Any JPEG Contents except for JPEG_SM
-fixed: Thumnail view for gif files are not displayed while pulling the content from the server using WDTV live
-fixed: Sony Bravia Photos : Update 'protocolinfo' for JPEG_TN content.
-fixed: Json feed has broken links and thumbnails for online items
-fixed: Cleanup of navigation tree does not always work as expected
-fixed: Manual Rescan not working when scantime set to '0'
-fixed: Thumbnail view of JPEG files are not available on Samsung TV
-fixed: Pause/Resume is not working on Regza
-fixed: TwonkyServer reduces the resolution of some photos displayed on Denon receivers
-fixed: TwonkyServer can handle only 128 simultaneous CreateObject actions, which turned out to be too little
-fixed: Failure to find embedded albumart for a MP3 file with id3 v2.4.0 metadata (v2.3.0 works)
-fixed: Improve subtitle support for Samsung TVs
-fixed: Content name is not displayed properly if we use underscore in Wav files.
-fixed: Failure to send albumart for a MP3 file with embedded BMP
-fixed: Send default album art as fallback if embedded or external album art can not be sent
-fixed: Maxitems configuration property is ignored in some setups
-fixed: Add support for embedded albumart in MP3 files using id3 v2.4.0 metadata
-fixed: Pause/Resume is not working on Regza
-fixed: Several problems with duplicate detection

Known Issues in 6.0.30
- Twonky ignores the sort criteria upon search if the search is including several sub-folders. Sorting works if search is invoked on a container that only contains items.

Majik DS - Majik-i - LK100 - Aktiv Keilidhs - Ku-Stone Bases - 2 x K400 - Linn Silver ICs - Quadraspire Q4 - HP MicroServer - Twonky - Nexus 7 - BubbleDS
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2010-12-08, 15:21
RE: Twonky 6.0.30 is out
.... and Super-Poussin has already provided the respective ReadyNAS addons here http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic....48&start=0 Big Grin

Will have to try this version out later today Smile
2010-12-08, 19:16 (This post was last modified: 2011-02-28 12:09 by Briain.)
Hi

For anyone wishing to install the new Twonky 6 QPKG and add custom trees, below are some brief instructions on where to find them on your Qnap and how to copy over the custom ones:

Download a custom tree pack from here and unzip the contents to your NAS (lets say you put them in a folder called 'trees' in the 'Web' share).

Download PuTTY (from here) and save it to your desktop.

The trees now live in a TwonkyMedia directory on the NAS, I think all Qnaps will be similar, but you can check where your own TwonkyMedia folder lives by clicking on the Twonky icon in the QPKG section of the Qnap firmware. The below picture shows where Twonky is installed on my TS-659 Qnap:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2225]

Inside that TwonkyMedia directory, there is one called 'resources' and inside that another called 'views'; that is where the trees live. The full path to mine would thus be /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/TwonkyMedia/resources/views

Double click it and enter your IP address (and ensure 'SSH' is ticked) as shown below.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2407]

Enter your user name (admin) and password (the one you normally use to access the Qnap web page) and that's you logged in. Now type cd (change directory) and the path to the trees; the one for my NAS is as shown below:

cd /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/TwonkyMedia/resources/views

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2182]

Once there, type ls (as I have done above) and you should see the existing trees (as shown in green above). As long as you see the existing ones (as shown above) then you know for certain that you are in the correct place.

Now copy the replacements over:

cp /share/Web/trees/* .

The star (*) means 'everything in that folder' and the dot (.) means 'to here', so it means copy everything from /shares/Web/trees to here.

-------

Linux hint: For the above, type cp /sh then use the tab button to auto complete; the line should then read cp /share or cp /share/ then continue the line by adding more text to give cp /share/We then hit tab to complete that to cp /share/Web/ then add 'tre' and hit tab to give cp /share/Web/trees then complete the line to show the above cp /share/Web/trees/* .

This is not only a way to save typing, but the auto complete will only work if the path actually exists and thus it proves that you are getting it correct.

Bri

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

2010-12-08, 20:25
Can anyone help please = how does one get to run this new version of TMS on a QNAP 409 NAS ?

MAIN: KDS/1 & LP12 (Lingo2 & Linto) -> KK (Dual Mono/Dyn) -> 2 x Klimax Solos(Dyn) -> bi-wired Mk3 242s
STUDY: RenewDS -> 6100Dyn -> Aktiv 109s
QNAP 412 & iThings + Kinsky (ChorusDS & PlugPlayer)
2010-12-08, 20:45 (This post was last modified: 2010-12-08 21:02 by Briain.)
Hi

I'm helping with the testing of the beta Twonky 6 QPKG's for the Qnaps (they're currently based on Twonky 6.0.29). It's all looking good, but I was hoping Twonky could resolve the artwork issue before Qnap actually release it. If not, it'll be released very soon anyway as there are a lot of folks who need it for other reasons (like playing .mkv files).

Bri
2010-12-08, 20:53
(2010-12-08 20:25)chrisbridgeave Wrote:  Can anyone help please = how does one get to run this new version of TMS on a QNAP 409 NAS ?

I have the same question, is this version now for 409?
2010-12-16, 10:13
The QPKG is out now!

Is this a problem?:
Known Issues in 6.0.30
- Twonky ignores the sort criteria upon search
if the search is including several sub-folders.
Sorting works if search is invoked on a
container that only contains items.
2010-12-16, 11:13 (This post was last modified: 2010-12-16 12:52 by Briain.)
Hi

Remember to look at your existing Twonky config page and note the share settings (paths to your music, pictures and videos) as you will need to set these again as soon as you install the new QPKG (it starts scanning immediate

Remember that though Songbook and Chorus set themselves automatically, for other control points, you'll need to set them manually in the media receivers section to enable full resolution artwork. In the below example, I've set them for my PC and PDA. The PDA's IP address is not shown in the list as it is currently switched off (I just entered the MAC code by hand then saved it).

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2181]

Tip (for future database rebuilds):

You might have to re-set any manually selected entries in the list after a full database rebuild (though you don't have to bother if running Chorus or Songbook; they're set automatically). To save time, open a second browser window and select media receivers to show what you currently have, then, using the first browser window, select the database rebuild option. When finished, you can simply re-save the settings in the second open browser window (i.e. when done, select the 'Save Changes' button shown above).

Notes:

I noticed - when testing the licensed version of 6.0.30 on my Qnap - that the new (to Twonky 6) high speed rescan feature now correctly deletes redundant database entries (for some odd reason, 6.0.29 didn't do that when the rescan time was set to zero) which means, for example, that you can rename an album artist and the rescan not only picks up the new name, but now also removes the old one from the database; this is good!

I also noticed that when changing artwork, a rescan picks up the new art, but the control point will only display the new art if you delete the cache contents. Of course, a full database rebuild deletes the cache contents automatically, but if you wish to see the new art immediately, simply use the high speed rescan then SSH to the cache and empty its contents. Browsing all your albums on the control point will then build a new cache and thus show your revised art without having to perform a full database rebuild. I have suggested a 'trash cache' button (or RPC call to delete the files) would be a cool feature for some future version.

I'll be testing the official Qnap x86 QPKG version on a TS-659 today (looks good thus far).

Bri

2010-12-16, 12:34 (This post was last modified: 2010-12-16 12:35 by Briain.)
PS Below shows where the trees now live Smile

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2182]

2010-12-16, 13:11
(2010-12-16 10:13)Cableguy Wrote:  The QPKG is out now!

Is this a problem?:
Known Issues in 6.0.30
- Twonky ignores the sort criteria upon search
if the search is including several sub-folders.
Sorting works if search is invoked on a
container that only contains items.

Where can I find this package?
Currently, I have a QNAP with T5 installed on it. When I would install the package, do I have to pay a new licence? How can I retrieve the current licence code (I bought this QNAP on ebay, there were no codes supplied with the machine)?

Source: KDSM (internal volume control enabled) (=upgrade from KDS/1)
Amplifiers: McIntosh MC2301 (2 tube monoblock amplifiers 300 W each)
Speakers : ProAc D100