Linn Forums

Full Version: Next month Hi-Fi+
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Looks like it will be an interesting review next month
Check out this article on page 114 in Hi-Fi Plus, April 2017.
http://www.pocketmags.com/titlelink.aspx?titleid=133
Link takes me to hifi+ app that urges me to buy mag, sorry no dice.
(2017-03-28 21:39)nrwatson Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like it will be an interesting review next month
Check out this article on page 114 in Hi-Fi Plus, April 2017.
http://www.pocketmags.com/titlelink.aspx?titleid=133

Give us a clue? Katalyst in something I assume?
A system review of Linn Klimax Katalyst Exakt 350 no less Big Grin
(2017-03-29 06:21)peter@57m Wrote: [ -> ]A system review of Linn Klimax Katalyst Exakt 350 no less Big Grin

Great marketing for Linn!!
This might suggest the 350 will run for a good while longer before replacement.
(2017-03-29 06:21)peter@57m Wrote: [ -> ]A system review of Linn Klimax Katalyst Exakt 350 no less Big Grin

Today is K-Day.
Hope the system review is similar to that which Martin Colloms did for Hifi Critic a few years ago ie. he had the system at home for a long period and was able to get a measure of its use and performance. Alan Sircom reviewed the Klimax DS/3 last Autumn largely from a listening session at Linn HQ which from a review point left much to be desired. From HiFi+ staff, I'd be more interested to hear Roy Gregory's take on it.
(2017-03-29 10:25)Komri Wrote: [ -> ]Hope the system review is similar to that which Martin Colloms did for Hifi Critic a few years ago ie. he had the system at home for a long period and was able to get a measure of its use and performance. Alan Sircom reviewed the Klimax DS/3 last Autumn largely from a listening session at Linn HQ which from a review point left much to be desired. From HiFi+ staff, I'd be more interested to hear Roy Gregory's take on it.

Unless he is still listening and writing as we post I suspect it's more likely to be another listening session job but I agree with you. Thinking about it - how likely is it that they would ship 50-60k's worth of gear of that size to someone's private address?
(2017-03-29 10:54)Martin H Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-29 10:25)Komri Wrote: [ -> ]Hope the system review is similar to that which Martin Colloms did for Hifi Critic a few years ago ie. he had the system at home for a long period and was able to get a measure of its use and performance. Alan Sircom reviewed the Klimax DS/3 last Autumn largely from a listening session at Linn HQ which from a review point left much to be desired. From HiFi+ staff, I'd be more interested to hear Roy Gregory's take on it.

Unless he is still listening and writing as we post I suspect it's more likely to be another listening session job but I agree with you. Thinking about it - how likely is it that they would ship 50-60k's worth of gear of that size to someone's private address?

Let's find out.

@Linn; hereby I volunteer to accept 50-60k worth of Linn equipment to be sent to my house.

@Martin-H; when can we expect your review?
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's