Linn Forums
Linn Kazoo App: Playlists on Multiple devices - Printable Version

+- Linn Forums (https://forums.linn.co.uk/bb)
+-- Forum: Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Network Music Players & Music Streamers (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Linn Kazoo App: Playlists on Multiple devices (/showthread.php?tid=37831)

Linn Kazoo App: Playlists on Multiple devices - Grumps - 2017-10-07 12:20

I have a number of IOS devices as well as a Mac desktop all of which have Kazoo installed. Sadly I find that if I build a playlist on one device I cannot see this playlist on any of the other devices. I had hoped I could build a playlist from my own music library held on a Qnap NAS and have it reachable from any of my devices but this does not occur. The Qnap does have Kazoo server installed and pointing to the requisite music library. Am I missing something please?

RE: Linn Kazoo App: Playlists on Multiple devices - timster - 2017-10-07 12:32

Seeing as the playlists are comprised of local files in your library, your best bet is to use MinimServer, and create your playlists as .m3u files. That way, your music server (minim) will scan the playlists, and are then accessible everywhere.
For PCs Playlist Creator is the best bet, not sure for Macs though.
Alternatively, use Kinsky to create your playlists and save them as shared - unfortunately they can only be accessed by Kinsky, but at least on multiple devices.

RE: Linn Kazoo App: Playlists on Multiple devices - Grumps - 2017-10-07 12:57

(2017-10-07 12:32)timster Wrote:  Seeing as the playlists are comprised of local files in your library, your best bet is to use MinimServer, and create your playlists as .m3u files. That way, your music server (minim) will scan the playlists, and are then accessible everywhere.
For PCs Playlist Creator is the best bet, not sure for Macs though.
Alternatively, use Kinsky to create your playlists and save them as shared - unfortunately they can only be accessed by Kinsky, but at least on multiple devices.

Thank you for your advice timster. i have MinimServer installed so will give that a try.