Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-07-20, 22:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Meta / Linn Website Feedback v / The New Linn website

The New Linn website
2011-11-13, 15:51
RE: The New Linn website
Sorry, but I find the new web site totally confusing..........and to be honest, the old ones were far better imo.
Am I too old, or what....

-LP12/Keel/Radikal D/Ekos SE Mogami/sKale/Benz LP
-LP12/Keel/Armageddon/Ekos 2/Benz Ruby 2
-ReVox B77
-Audio Research SP-11 NOS Telefunken E88CC/Mark Levinson No. 27.5
-Spare pre: Audio Research SP-6B with NOS Telefunken ECC803S
-Kudos Titan 88
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2011-11-16, 14:10 (This post was last modified: 2011-11-16 20:18 by hansen.)
Have been at the new website for music first time.

Sorry, this is a "no go". I will not buy music here anymore!

Gert Volk A-DSM DAC / M-DSM (TV) / A-DS / LP-12 / Unidisk 1.1 / Expert-200 / Troels Gravesen ATS-4 / SBA16 MTM / Velodyne DD-15 / Roon
2011-11-16, 18:10
(2011-11-16 14:10)hansen Wrote:  Have been at the new website for music first time.

Are you going to share your reasons with us? I'm sure there's plenty of help available if you ask.

Vic.

AEDSM, Exaktbox 10/1, Akurate 242s, A2200, A4200 X2; Oppo BDP 103 Blu-ray player, Sneaky DS, Akurate Tuner, Qobuz.
2011-11-16, 18:21
Sure,
it's a feeling when you enter a shop. Immediately you know if you will buy something or leave. When looking for something interesting, you don't like to open all boxes first and look into it. I enjoy a good presentation, which is now lost in the new LINN shop.

One nice example to me is: www deutschegrammophon com

Gert Volk A-DSM DAC / M-DSM (TV) / A-DS / LP-12 / Unidisk 1.1 / Expert-200 / Troels Gravesen ATS-4 / SBA16 MTM / Velodyne DD-15 / Roon
2011-11-16, 18:22
(2011-11-16 14:10)hansen Wrote:  Have been at the new website for music first time.

http://www.linnrecords.com -- the place where you actually buy the music, doesn't look a great deal different. There's no difference for me in functional terms.

If you're referring to the Music page on Linn's main web site then the criticism is a bit more understandable -- albeit this isn't where you should be trying to buy music from (you need to find one of the links to linnrecords.com and go there).

I've no problem with the look of the new Linn website but the navigation is a disappointment. It really isn't obvious where to go to find useful information. I'm assuming though that this is a purely temporary state of affairs with Linn needing time to sort it out after bring the web site "in-house".

LP12 (1988 Fluted Afromosia) | Ekos SE | ESC Arkiv-B | Lingo | Linto
SneakyDS | ReadyNAS Duo | Twonky 6.0.34 | Kinksy
Renew KK | 5125s | Keltik + Klimax Aktiv Crossovers (main)
5103 | 5125s | Centrik Mk 1 | Tukan (Aktiv surround)
2011-11-16, 20:17
Yep - linnrecords is still the same! I thought the linked pages are the new music website. Why do they do this?
Happy again!
Thanks Keltik Klown

2011-11-18, 19:53 (This post was last modified: 2011-11-18 19:54 by DaveBarth.)
Can anyone tell me WHAT the scrolling backround pics are suppossed to mean?!?

Most images and adverts have people enjoying their products, making the target audiance desire that lifestyle. So, is the 'studio time' shower guy listening to his Linn... in the shower? How about the 'packing the essentials guy'? Does Linn even make a cassette player?

I searched the website and this forum trying to find the connection to HiFi and sadly found nothing.

Primary: Karik -> Numerik -> Kairn -> LK100 x 3 -> Tri-Aktiv Keilidh's
Secondary: Karik -> Numerik -> Majik -> LK100 x 3 -> Tri-Aktiv Keilidh's
2011-11-18, 21:16
(2011-11-18 19:53)DaveBarth Wrote:  Can anyone tell me WHAT the scrolling backround pics are suppossed to mean?!?

Most images and adverts have people enjoying their products, making the target audiance desire that lifestyle. So, is the 'studio time' shower guy listening to his Linn... in the shower? How about the 'packing the essentials guy'? Does Linn even make a cassette player?

I searched the website and this forum trying to find the connection to HiFi and sadly found nothing.

Exactly the point I was trying to make earlier in the thread. Well said!

Fidelity UA4 alumnus. Exakt skeptik.
2011-11-19, 10:14
(2011-11-18 19:53)DaveBarth Wrote:  Can anyone tell me WHAT the scrolling backround pics are suppossed to mean?!?

They resonate with the idea that it is music that is important rather than particular items of hifi equipment. The feeling is that the more people understand the value of music in their lives the more successful Linn will be. The shower guy represents singing in the shower like it's your own personal 'studio'.

Graham
2011-11-19, 10:28 (This post was last modified: 2014-02-25 11:50 by linnrd.)
⠃⠽⠑ ⠈⠇⠇

Half of what I post on here is not worth reading; but I post it in order that the other half gets posted.
Boring stuff->Linn Blacks->More boring stuff->K400->Even more boring stuff, all layered with Magick Faerie Dust.