Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-18, 00:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / LUMIN iPad controller app

LUMIN iPad controller app
2012-11-14, 20:18
RE: LUMIN iPad controller app
(2012-11-14 20:13)bbrip Wrote:  as Artist and Album Artist appear to be somewhat problematic with multi-entries, I am using the "Soloist" tag for multi-entries and have defined this in Minim as an indexTag.

That allows me to browse all Soloists wherever I have multiple soloists in Songbook Lite, Kinsky and co..

bbrip

This is fine for browsing, but AFAIK there's no industry standard way to send this information to the control point as a DIDL-Lite XML tag.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2012-11-14, 20:19
(2012-11-14 19:57)simoncn Wrote:  If LUMIN can handle all of these as multiple DIDL-Lite XML tags, I'd consider adding an option to do this in the next release of MinimServer.

Now I can't wait! Please give LUMIN ALL, including custom Tag! Big Grin

Instead of a user manual option, how about when a request is from LUMIN, by default gives all Tag info, so the whole setup will "just work"! That'd be awesome! Cool
2012-11-14, 20:26
Btw, before anyone ask, there is NO search function in LUMIN app yet. Search function is coming. Since LUMIN app has ALL the song info in it's own database, any kind of search and cross-linking is possible...
2012-11-14, 20:26
(2012-11-14 20:19)psme Wrote:  
(2012-11-14 19:57)simoncn Wrote:  If LUMIN can handle all of these as multiple DIDL-Lite XML tags, I'd consider adding an option to do this in the next release of MinimServer.

Now I can't wait! Please give LUMIN ALL, including custom Tag! Big Grin

Instead of a user manual option, how about when a request is from LUMIN, by default gives all Tag info, so the whole setup will "just work"! That'd be awesome! Cool

There isn't an industry standard way to send custom tags.
2012-11-14, 21:14 (This post was last modified: 2012-11-14 21:15 by bbrip.)
ok, so if I multi-tag Album Artist, would that get picked up. So far I understood that multitagging Album Artist isnt industry standard either...

Btw, who defines industry standard? Linn's UpnP extension also were not / are not industry standard until they just started doing the most sensible think and extend the UPnP "standard".

If we all wait for some body (Eu-Comission, UNO, World Bank, UPnP Board ???) to define such standards, we'll wait forever. I think someone just has to just SET THEM !!

Why not MinimServer and LUMIN ??

bbrip
2012-11-14, 21:27
(2012-11-14 11:29)bbrip Wrote:  As you are supporting minimServer as your preferred server (and I agree with that!) it would also be great if LUMIN could suport more tags. I am missing the ability to browse

- by Composer,
- by Orchestra
- by Soloist
etc.

Simon said he wrote MinimServer to fit the needs of classical music. LUMIN recommends MinimServer, but it does not support these tags? Hey guys, are you kidding me?
2012-11-14, 21:56
(2012-11-14 21:14)bbrip Wrote:  ok, so if I multi-tag Album Artist, would that get picked up. So far I understood that multitagging Album Artist isnt industry standard either...

MinimServer doesn't allow that. The reasons for this have been discussed extensively on this forum.

Quote:Btw, who defines industry standard? Linn's UpnP extension also were not / are not industry standard until they just started doing the most sensible think and extend the UPnP "standard".

If we all wait for some body (Eu-Comission, UNO, World Bank, UPnP Board ???) to define such standards, we'll wait forever. I think someone just has to just SET THEM !!

Why not MinimServer and LUMIN ??

bbrip

The UPnP interoperability situation is difficult enough already. I don't think it's a good idea to make it even worse by adding nonstandard extensions to DIDL-Lite.
2012-11-14, 22:06
Hidden alphabet on right hand side is not working in sync.

Streamer
2012-11-14, 22:24
(2012-11-14 21:56)simoncn Wrote:  The UPnP interoperability situation is difficult enough already. I don't think it's a good idea to make it even worse by adding nonstandard extensions to DIDL-Lite.

The downside of "open standards"....
2012-11-14, 22:31
Great app, with a lot of info: year, genre.

But I have a problem with all the artists with "the" in the name. I named The Cure in the artist tag "Cure, the" and The Beatles become "Beatles, the". So now I have a lot of bands called only "the".

And alphabetical all the "the" artists are under the T.

Wouter

Akurate DS 0/1/D, Unidisk SC/D, 2 x active C3200/D with Espek, active 2250/D with Trikan, active 5125/D with Katan, Qnap 459