Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-18, 00:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / LUMIN iPad controller app

LUMIN iPad controller app
2017-01-06, 08:32
RE: LUMIN iPad controller app
It seems that the "Album Artist reversed display" issue mentioned in my previous post is specific to the LUMIN app, since Album Artists are displayed correctly in other control points (Kinsky, Kazoo etc.).
The only workaround I can imagine is to replace the regular space in ", " by a special character...

Another "bug" seems to be that, altough the LUMIN app handles multiple values of tags (e.g. Artist), they are displayed in a random (or at least non obvious) order; not in the order in which they have been entered in Foobar2000 or MP3 tag.
Which will probably force me to use Soloist, Conductor and Orchestra tags and Artist.displayFormat={$Soloist$Conductor$Orchestra} in MinimServer. Which is fine, but implies massive retagging.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-01-06, 08:59
Lumin defaults to its own indexing (which takes up processing time and scarce device storage space, and seems to break the app on Android). You can use Folder View to see the Minimserver browse options in the proper order, but as the app spends so much time and effort failing to do completely stuff that I don't actually want, I don't use it.

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
2017-01-06, 10:18
(2017-01-06 08:59)DavidHB Wrote:  Lumin defaults to its own indexing (which takes up processing time and scarce device storage space, and seems to break the app on Android). You can use Folder View to see the Minimserver browse options in the proper order, but as the app spends so much time and effort failing to do completely stuff that I don't actually want, I don't use it.

David

Actually, in Lumin's own indexing, the Album Artist is displayed correctly.
It is in "Folder view" (or Upnp browing view) that the Album Artist is reversed (in the Albums listing, not the Album Artists listing...).
Very strange...

Benoit
2017-07-12, 17:17
When playing an internet radio, Lumin.app displays
  • dc:title (the title of the current song)
  • upnp:album (set to the radio station name)

If you tap on the album-art to go to full-screen, this changes to
  • upnp:artist (the performer of the current song)
  • upnp:album (set to the radio station name)

It seems to me that the latter is what should always be displayed and that the former (repeating the title) is a bug.
2017-11-28, 10:25
LUMIN iPad controller app Plex Media Server
Hi,

I use a Western Digital NAS PR4100. There exist a known issue with the integtatet Twonky Server.
https://community.wd.com/t/twonky-sortin...ode/209899

If I use the 2nd possibility for DNLA, the Plex Media Server, I have a new issue.

Lumin Scan the Database and find exact 25 Albums. On the NAS are a few more albums, but I can do what I want, the result is the same (on my iPhone to). Is here anybody else to user PLEX?

Miminserver is not available by Western Digital.

regards from Germany

ursus
2017-11-28, 15:07 (This post was last modified: 2017-11-28 16:22 by HearNoMore.)
(2017-01-06 08:59)DavidHB Wrote:  Lumin defaults to its own indexing (which takes up processing time and scarce device storage space, and seems to break the app on Android). You can use Folder View to see the Minimserver browse options in the proper order, but as the app spends so much time and effort failing to do completely stuff that I don't actually want, I don't use it.

David

On the other hand, I've used Lumin routinely for many many months on an iPhone and iPad without a problem. I tried Kazoo again recently and it has got better, but still not for me.
I don't have a large classical collection though, which I know DavidHB does.

Main: KDS3 / Lejonklou Sagatun Mono Tarandus / Lejonklou Tundra Mono 2 Tarandus / 242 Mk II with upgraded stands
LG OLED 55E6V /Oppo 205 as processor / Lejonklou Tundra Stereo / Katan rears / Velodyne DD12 sub
2nd system: Oppo105 / Lejonklou Boazu / 109s