Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-13, 13:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / DSM competitor: AudioNET DNP

DSM competitor: AudioNET DNP
2013-05-20, 19:40
RE: DSM competitor: AudioNET DNP
DNC is around 5000 EUR list price
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2013-05-21, 07:23
(2013-05-20 18:58)stunta Wrote:  Thanks hwe.

I like the fact that the audionet streamer has room correction in the digital domain.

All these top players are terribly overpriced for me. Someone needs to come in at 2-3K and change the game. I'd rather not have the preamp integrated into the source. Any idea how much the DNC costs?

Today's 6-10k performance will be 3-5k perf in about 3-5 years.

Wait a few years.

System 1: Devialet Le Expert 220 | Audio Physic Tempo 25
System 2: Linn Majik DSM/1 | Audio Physic Step 25+
2013-05-22, 13:41
(2013-05-20 19:39)Animal Wrote:  5190 euro's in the Netherlands.

Will probably turn out to be darn close to ADS/1 in sound-quality too.

Louis.
Hi Louis,

Are you sure the DNP is only 5190 KEUR? Where did you see it for that money? It seems far off from the almost 10K listed in Stereoplay.

(2013-05-19 21:48)zegel Wrote:  I have changed 6 months ago, after a 20 year Linn history, to this magnificent piece of kit.

I have compared it with my Renew DS and an akurate DSM.

My conclusion it is's streamer is more or less on the same level as the Renew, although it has a more lifelike and puchier sound. The ADSM is no competition, because of the exceptional preamplifier in the DNP.

Because I have a Wilson Benesch Trinity/ Torus ( 2 pcs) setup, the fact it is a 2.2 preamp comes in very handy; the room correction and all the functionalities are very well worked out - with good software. It also has a very goud phono pre.

I must say however that the Linn protocol is still the best. For example when swiching between telephone and laptop; the DS software always is synchronized. This is not the situation with this UPNP based protocol. On the other hand, the DNP software is nicer, with for example a nice volume control with a sweep function everywhere in the app.

The DNP can be upgraded with an external power supply, the EPX. In this situation, it is in the same priceleague as the Klimax DSM. However I have not compared them, I expect them to be on par ( Although the Klimax winns hands down astetically)
Very interesting to hear from an owner.
I have a question regarding the software. Does it work with other control apps like Kinsky, Lumin, Chorus or Songbook. If that is the case I am really interested in the device.
[Image: 13128706.jpg]
2013-05-22, 14:17
The question to which I replied was:

Any idea how much the DNC costs?

So the DNC and not the DNP.
BTW, site of the Dutch importer (Servi-Q since recently) is the source for this info.

Louis.

Living-room: Technics SU-R1 - Linn Klimax Kontrol/1 Dynamik - Nord One SE UP NC500MB - Canton Karat Reference 6.2 DC (Denon AH-D7100)
Home-office: Linn Klimax Renew DS/0 Dynamik - ADAM Audio A5X
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2013-05-23, 10:44
(2013-05-22 14:17)Animal Wrote:  The question to which I replied was:

BTW, site of the Dutch importer (Servi-Q since recently) is the source for this info.

Louis.

There are three Audionet Digital Network devices:

- DNA: Digital Network Amplifier ( streamer, pre and power): 11000 euro
- DNP ( Digital Network Preamplifier): 10000 euro ( Inbetween KDSM and ADSM)
- DNC: (Digital Network Client): 5000 euro ( On par with KDS)

Further ther is an external power supply, the EPX for around 5000 euro.

For Holland, please add 500 euro - I expect to fund the importer.

One of the nice points of the DNP devices is the fact that it has a very well thought real 2.2 preamp with roomcorrection. It has separate DAC's for each channel, including two Sub's.

In my situation, this addition ( causing improvement of the sound of course) was the main reason to swich from RDS to DNP

AudioNet DNP / Wilson Benesch Circle -> AudioNet Amp 1 V2 -> Chord Signature / Linn Silver -> Wilson Benesch Trinity + 2 * Wilson Benesch Torus Infrasonic Generator
2013-05-23, 10:52
(2013-05-23 10:44)zegel Wrote:  

Louis.

There are three Audionet Digital Network devices:

- DNA: Digital Network Amplifier ( streamer, pre and power): 11000 euro
- DNP ( Digital Network Preamplifier): 10000 euro ( Inbetween KDSM and ADSM)
- DNC: (Digital Network Client): 5000 euro ( On par with KDS)

Further ther is an external power supply, the EPX for around 5000 euro.

For Holland, please add 500 euro - I expect to fund the importer.

One of the nice points of the DNP devices is the fact that it has a very well thought real 2.2 preamp with roomcorrection. It has separate DAC's for each channel, including two Sub's.

In my situation, this addition ( causing improvement of the sound of course) was the main reason to swich from RDS to DNP

That's very interesting... so does that mean that the DNP allows you to run 2 subs almost seamlessly in your set up? Is this configured on the player itself or is there control software for this?

How does the streamer element compare to the KDS/1?
2013-05-23, 11:39
(2013-05-21 07:23)rumnyc Wrote:  Today's 6-10k performance will be 3-5k perf in about 3-5 years.

Wait a few years.

That is the case with almost everything.
Within a few years there will be something new and better again, and also overpriced.
That is the way it works.
Early adopters have to pay the price.
2013-05-23, 15:40

Louis.
Aahh, got it. That is a pitty! I was starting to get really exited Big Grin

(2013-05-23 10:44)zegel Wrote:  - DNP ( Digital Network Preamplifier): 10000 euro ( Inbetween KDSM and ADSM)
I gues this is based on this ranking?
[Image: 13136427.jpg]

(2013-05-23 10:44)zegel Wrote:  - DNC: (Digital Network Client): 5000 euro ( On par with KDS)
Now this is interesting. On what is this conclusion based? Test? Link?

(2013-05-23 10:44)zegel Wrote:  Further ther is an external power supply, the EPX for around 5000 euro.
Yes although it is very expensive it looks really good. And if it would lift the device on KDSM level it would still cost less....
Here are some pictures I have found:
[Image: 13136476.png]
[Image: 13136498.png]

[Image: 13136506.png]

And... like the DNP also available in stylish brushed and anodized black!

(2013-05-23 10:44)zegel Wrote:  For Holland, please add 500 euro - I expect to fund the importer.
Who says we have to buy it in Holland? Big Grin It is just a short hop to Germany..

(2013-05-23 10:44)zegel Wrote:  One of the nice points of the DNP devices is the fact that it has a very well thought real 2.2 preamp with roomcorrection. It has separate DAC's for each channel, including two Sub's.

I fully agree that this is one of the special qualities of this device.
With the DSP you can also adjust differences in attenuation and sound color between connected devices (and built-in streamer) as well as measuring and correcting your room difficulties.

Now looking at this review I understand that the pre-amp is even better than the AudioNET Pre G2 pre-amp (125 points in Audio)
[Image: 13136678.jpg]

Since I am in the market for a pre-amp and it is even in black and it is better than the Pre G2 (which brings it in the league of the really exotic pre-amps) and it is even upgradeable with the external power supply you can't go wrong only as a pre amplifier. As a bonus you'll get the great features of the DSP and the streamer.

As a user did you try other control software? I would like to know if the Lumin app is working.
2013-05-23, 15:50
[/quote]

That's very interesting... so does that mean that the DNP allows you to run 2 subs almost seamlessly in your set up? Is this configured on the player itself or is there control software for this?
[/quote]

Yes it does, and I'n not aware of any other device able to do this on this level.

You can configure it on the player, or on your windows/apple based control program ) not on the app) .

You have three options:
- bass management 48 bits, free configurable
- parametrical equalizer, 5 frequencies free to choose and delay magt
- Computer Aided Room Analyser: via a mic semi automatic room correction. This is in a more rudimental form available now ( CARMA V3), but a very, very nice new version is on the way.

In fact, Audionet is doing this already for years, their CD players are famous also.

[/quote]
How does the streamer element compare to the KDS/1?
[/quote]

I have only compared RDS and DNA compared directly. They were on par, although I liked the sound of audionet better . The DNP and DNC are even better. I liked the soundcaracteristics of the KDS/1 very much, however the DNA was in an indirect comparision with the KDSM better in combination with my Wilson Benesch speakers. I cant tell which one is best on other / linn speakers.

AudioNet DNP / Wilson Benesch Circle -> AudioNet Amp 1 V2 -> Chord Signature / Linn Silver -> Wilson Benesch Trinity + 2 * Wilson Benesch Torus Infrasonic Generator
2013-05-23, 19:40 (This post was last modified: 2013-05-23 19:40 by hwe.)
Despite I like Audionet (have their Amp I poweramp by myself), I have not decided my opinion about external powersupplies, which are ADDITIONALLY.

Devices which have "outsourced" the power supply are perfectly fine for me. But offering a better external one additionally to the internal one leaves a bad taste to me. Because it just says, that the interal one is a bottle neck compared to other components.
On the other hand it can be seen as tuning. Hmmm... have to think about.