Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-13, 13:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / DSM competitor: AudioNET DNP

DSM competitor: AudioNET DNP
2013-05-23, 20:46
RE: DSM competitor: AudioNET DNP
(2013-05-23 19:40)hwe Wrote:  Despite I like Audionet (have their Amp I poweramp by myself), I have not decided my opinion about external powersupplies, which are ADDITIONALLY.

Devices which have "outsourced" the power supply are perfectly fine for me. But offering a better external one additionally to the internal one leaves a bad taste to me. Because it just says, that the interal one is a bottle neck compared to other components.
On the other hand it can be seen as tuning. Hmmm... have to think about.

Im my opinion it is, just like adding more expensive cables or isolation tables, a form of tuning.

The current internal power supply exceeds the " EPS 2" external power supply - so there is no direct need to upgrade - and I'm not intending to do so, as I was not so happy with the price. However, when you look at the materials used compared to the external power supplies of Naim, priced simmilarily - the Audionet one is a bargain.

AudioNet DNP / Wilson Benesch Circle -> AudioNet Amp 1 V2 -> Chord Signature / Linn Silver -> Wilson Benesch Trinity + 2 * Wilson Benesch Torus Infrasonic Generator
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2013-05-25, 06:40 (This post was last modified: 2013-05-25 06:42 by Glareskin.)
With regards to the DNP I have a specific question for DSM owners. I just found through Zegel and a German forum that Volume control is only possible with the Audionet App because they don't enable UPnP control. From an SQ standpoint understandable but of course limits the third party options.
Of course I know that with Linn we can do it for the DS range:
[Image: 13147091.jpg]

I am not sure if we still can do this with the DSM in order to use third party apps. Is there a DSM owner following this topic who can answer this?
The Audionet DNP is more and more looking as my next pre-amplifier but I am not sure if it can replace my ADS/1 because I don't want to miss this comfort:
[Image: 13147109.png]
2013-05-30, 10:03
Some guys on a German forum confirm that the pre-amp sound is better than the Pre G2.
Tomorrow I am going to hear for myself @ Zegel (thanks man!, really appreciate it). Of course I will report my impressions. Also I will bring my iPAd to test with 3rd party apps.
[Image: audionet-dnp.jpg]
2013-05-30, 11:17
in which German Forum is the Thread you refer to?
2013-05-30, 13:34 (This post was last modified: 2013-05-30 13:35 by Rock'n'Roll.)
(2013-05-25 06:40)Glareskin Wrote:  I am not sure if we still can do this with the DSM in order to use third party apps. Is there a DSM owner following this topic who can answer this?
You can control DS/DSM volume with Linn Kinsky (on all platforms), with Songbook '11 (all platforms) and Chorus DS (all platforms) or Plugplayer (iPhone/iPod).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2013-05-30, 13:48
(2013-05-30 11:17)hwe Wrote:  in which German Forum is the Thread you refer to?
hifi-forum.de
2013-05-31, 15:09 (This post was last modified: 2013-05-31 15:17 by David Dever.)
That's an Audivo board (probably) running the StreamUnlimited UPnP stack, which is also found in:
Atoll
Chord
Cyrus
Naim
Primare
Simaudio
T+A
Wadax

Therefore it is likely to support (pretty much) the same file formats / sample rates / bit-depths, and probably on-device playlists, as well.

If you look at the Apple App Store, most of the apps from the manufacturers listed above look quite similar to each other, with largely similar base functionality (the Naim app adds Rovi extended metadata info, as an aside).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2013-06-01, 17:05
(2013-05-31 15:09)dD23Box Wrote:  That's an Audivo board (probably) running the StreamUnlimited UPnP stack

I'm interested in the story behind, but could'nt find the answers googeling:

What is a " StreamUnlimited UPnP stack" ? Do you say every of the mentioned brands sounds the same, or is this " stack" something on the forefront of the Dac, which is specific for every brand?

I have compared Audionet with Naim and of course my Klimax Renew DS, and to my opinion they all three sounded quite different ( and the DNP the best)

AudioNet DNP / Wilson Benesch Circle -> AudioNet Amp 1 V2 -> Chord Signature / Linn Silver -> Wilson Benesch Trinity + 2 * Wilson Benesch Torus Infrasonic Generator
2013-06-01, 17:52
Imho this refers to digital part only. Board + Software. As most users here agree, the possibilities to improve sound in digital part of a device arer quite small compared to the amalogue section. I suppose there is the source for different sound.
2013-06-01, 17:54
How did the demo go?!

(2013-05-30 13:48)Glareskin Wrote:  
(2013-05-30 11:17)hwe Wrote:  in which German Forum is the Thread you refer to?
hifi-forum.de