Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-16, 06:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Announcing BubbleDS Next (Android Control Point)

Announcing BubbleDS Next (Android Control Point)
2014-09-14, 14:02 (This post was last modified: 2014-09-14 17:51 by bubbleguuum.)
RE: Announcing BubbleDS Next (Android Control Point)
(2014-09-14 13:07)muenchenlaim Wrote:  Hi all,
I (correct: my nexus 10 did it for me) updated to 2.2 and saw the advice that I can chance between two volume-moods. But I found nothing in the settings.
Any advice?

Settings > Now Playing > Volume Control Type. To change this setting, Settings > Now Playing > Show volume control must be set to "on".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2014-09-14, 17:45
Thank you very muth!

Renew DS/1 (Klimax) / Kii three / Intel NUC / location: Munic - M√ľnchen (and general: sorry for my awful english)
2014-09-14, 19:17
Thanks for the Volume slider - to me it makes all the difference!

I've now switched from using BubbleDS to using Bubble DS Next.

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM/2 | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
2014-09-14, 19:39 (This post was last modified: 2014-09-14 19:39 by audiokaas2.)
Hi Bubbleguum,

Is there away to have artist info.
I assumed Bubble DS had that feature but I never got it working even though I installed the official LastFM app and logged into lasfFM successfully.
I do not see the feature (Artist Info) mentioned in BubbleDS Next so I assume it's been deprecated?

Any way to get the alphabetical bar on the side of the screen as Kinsky and Kazoo have, It is very handy to use with long lists of artists?

Great app though, thank you

Ask me nicely
2014-09-15, 00:15
I was going to install BubbleDS Next but it requires access to "Device ID and call information" which is defined as "Allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active and the remote number connected by a call".

What is that required for?
2014-09-15, 08:14 (This post was last modified: 2014-09-15 08:17 by bubbleguuum.)
(2014-09-15 00:15)portfair Wrote:  I was going to install BubbleDS Next but it requires access to "Device ID and call information" which is defined as "Allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active and the remote number connected by a call".

This permission is needed for the optional ability to pause a playing DS on phone call, so the app is notified that the phone is ringing.

(2014-09-14 19:39)audiokaas2 Wrote:  Hi Bubbleguum,

Is there away to have artist info.
I assumed Bubble DS had that feature but I never got it working even though I installed the official LastFM app and logged into lasfFM successfully.
I do not see the feature (Artist Info) mentioned in BubbleDS Next so I assume it's been deprecated?

Yes as it didn't work any more with the old official Last.fm app

(2014-09-14 19:39)audiokaas2 Wrote:  Any way to get the alphabetical bar on the side of the screen as Kinsky and Kazoo have, It is very handy to use with long lists of artists?

I'll see if I can add the fast scroller letters again but these are problematic (buggy) accross Android versions. So no promise.
2014-09-15, 10:30 (This post was last modified: 2014-09-15 10:31 by audiokaas2.)
All I can ask, for thank you for trying.Rolleyes

Lex
(2014-09-14 19:39)audiokaas2 Wrote:  Any way to get the alphabetical bar on the side of the screen as Kinsky and Kazoo have, It is very handy to use with long lists of artists?

(2014-09-15 08:14)bubbleguuum Wrote:  I'll see if I can add the fast scroller letters again but these are problematic (buggy) accross Android versions. So no promise.

Ask me nicely
2014-09-15, 11:55
(2014-09-15 08:14)bubbleguuum Wrote:  
(2014-09-15 00:15)portfair Wrote:  I was going to install BubbleDS Next but it requires access to "Device ID and call information" which is defined as "Allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active and the remote number connected by a call".

This permission is needed for the optional ability to pause a playing DS on phone call, so the app is notified that the phone is ringing.

Thanks for the response. I'll give it a try over the next day or so.
2014-09-16, 23:36
Bought it also..
But any chance to bring back the "see next track" in "now playing"
and the playing track time at the "playlist" ?
Nice work anyway..

MDSM/2 - Majik Exaktbox-I - Akudoriks
K400 speakercable.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life
2014-09-20, 11:06
There seems to be a bug in playlist.
When you tap and hold at the end of a track in playlist,sometimes you get straight to the beginning of the playlist,sometimes you get the pop up menu,when selecting "albums by" you get nothing and closed the menu.
This was working fine in BubbleDs.

MDSM/2 - Majik Exaktbox-I - Akudoriks
K400 speakercable.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life