Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-18, 00:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Digitizing Vinyl

Digitizing Vinyl
2017-03-27, 18:31 (This post was last modified: 2017-03-27 18:39 by JPO2005.)
RE: Digitizing Vinyl
(2017-03-26 19:12)JPO2005 Wrote:  A very good Software is Studio One Prime, cost 0,00 Euro. See here: http://www.presonus.com/produkte/de/Stud...auswaehlen

Perhaps a good Converters like RME, see here: https://www.rme-audio.de/products/overview_firewire.php
I think it is a lot of work to rip LP, so you have to do that with good Converters and 192/24bit.

By the way Studio One have for bad Records a Mastering Section. Here you can remastered the audio Files.

I want testing Songcorder but the Download Link has not work.

Yesterday i tested to record a LP. Go from SPDif-Out from EADSM to the RME SPDif Input and record with Studio One and save it as .flac. Very easy and its come a 192er Flac.
I take SPDif because Linn said sometimes this is better like optical.

Greetings Jörn (sorry for my awful english)
Hörland - Over 40 years LINN
Open Source Seite: http://www.jpo-aktuell.de/OpenSource.php

New LP12, Radikal, Urika, Kore, Ekos SE, Kristal / QNAP 569 Pro / RME UCX
Akurate Exakt DSM2 / Kinsky (Minim) - Sneaky
Akubarik with Amp Stands / Silvercable - Unik / K200
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-03-27, 19:09
(2017-03-27 16:25)timster Wrote:  
(2017-03-27 16:24)Audio-Listener Wrote:  
(2017-03-27 16:11)timster Wrote:  Thanks for the songcorder recomendation - Doomhammer needs to be given credit, I just tried it, plugged the result into Audacity - fantastic quality 192/24 recording. Now I have at least 38 LPs (and some of them are doubles) that are going to need redoing!

One thing - rename or delete the resulting audio.wav after you've used/saved it. I think the sox.exe program that creates the WAV file from the raw data fails if the audio.wav file already exists.
Hello Timster,

That is interesting, because Songcorder did not start on my machine if the audio.wav was not present.

Best regards,
Martin

Did on mine! Recorded side B - then it fell over when trying to create the wav file that was already there from side A Sad
Still, no issue really. Brilliant little program.

Edit: Did you mean was present?

Hello Timster,

No, If the file audio.wav was not there, because I had renamed it, the tool did not start for the next recording.
So it is interesting, that yours seems to react the opposite way.
I have then always just copied the audio.wav, which means the file is still there and then started the new recording. During that time I could rename the copy at the other location.

Best regards,
Martin
Find all posts by this user
2017-03-28, 06:11 (This post was last modified: 2017-03-28 06:14 by timster.)
(2017-03-27 19:09)Audio-Listener Wrote:  
(2017-03-27 16:25)timster Wrote:  
(2017-03-27 16:24)Audio-Listener Wrote:  
(2017-03-27 16:11)timster Wrote:  Thanks for the songcorder recomendation - Doomhammer needs to be given credit, I just tried it, plugged the result into Audacity - fantastic quality 192/24 recording. Now I have at least 38 LPs (and some of them are doubles) that are going to need redoing!

One thing - rename or delete the resulting audio.wav after you've used/saved it. I think the sox.exe program that creates the WAV file from the raw data fails if the audio.wav file already exists.
Hello Timster,

That is interesting, because Songcorder did not start on my machine if the audio.wav was not present.

Best regards,
Martin

Did on mine! Recorded side B - then it fell over when trying to create the wav file that was already there from side A Sad
Still, no issue really. Brilliant little program.

Edit: Did you mean was present?

Hello Timster,

No, If the file audio.wav was not there, because I had renamed it, the tool did not start for the next recording.
So it is interesting, that yours seems to react the opposite way.
I have then always just copied the audio.wav, which means the file is still there and then started the new recording. During that time I could rename the copy at the other location.

Best regards,
Martin

That is peculiar. When you unpack the zip file the first time there is no audio.raw or audio.wav so how did you get it to work the first time?
I think we may be clutching at straws anyway - as he says it's "not even an alpha release" so there may be other buglets in there that are manifesting in unpredictable ways.
Do what you need that works for you I guess! Wink

(2017-03-27 18:31)JPO2005 Wrote:  
(2017-03-26 19:12)JPO2005 Wrote:  A very good Software is Studio One Prime, cost 0,00 Euro. See here: http://www.presonus.com/produkte/de/Stud...auswaehlen

Perhaps a good Converters like RME, see here: https://www.rme-audio.de/products/overview_firewire.php
I think it is a lot of work to rip LP, so you have to do that with good Converters and 192/24bit.

By the way Studio One have for bad Records a Mastering Section. Here you can remastered the audio Files.

I want testing Songcorder but the Download Link has not work.

Yesterday i tested to record a LP. Go from SPDif-Out from EADSM to the RME SPDif Input and record with Studio One and save it as .flac. Very easy and its come a 192er Flac.
I take SPDif because Linn said sometimes this is better like optical.

Songcorder download link worked for me - could be the host was down or busy when you tried?

I think I prefer the songcast way - no dropped packets, unlike my old way with the SPDif which, when using my slightly old and creaky laptop, did sometimes have some drop outs because of lack of resources at the receiving end.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2017-10-07, 14:18
Just found a new way to digitize your vinyl collection. The Linn Konverter:

[Image: file.php?id=1665]

(Thanks the the HiFi Kabin... Wink)

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2017-10-07, 17:22
Wow, thanks for the pointer to Doomhammer's Songcorder project. Very useful. Apparently "the kids" are using stream ripper software for their copyright infringement activity activity days. This is like a personal version for Linn customers, all above-board of course.
Useful to fire up whenever a TV or radio programme has something interesting to record - memories of my home-taping days!

--
Linn Majik DS-i into PMC TB2+ all wall mounted away from kids' sticky fingers! NAD HTR2 remote, Chord cables/interconnects, Krystal Titan Mains.
2017-10-11, 21:37
Hello Timster,

Very interesting piece of equipment.
But I think your article is about 6 month too late (or to early.)
;-)

Best regards,
Martin

(2017-10-07 14:18)timster Wrote:  Just found a new way to digitize your vinyl collection. The Linn Konverter:

[Image: file.php?id=1665]

(Thanks the the HiFi Kabin... Wink)