Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-06-20, 17:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Roon support for Linn DS

Thread Closed 
Roon support for Linn DS
2017-12-03, 00:10
RE: Roon support for Linn DS
(2017-12-02 14:08)sjang Wrote:  I am not dure ik it is unfair. All the others were able to solve it. The fact that we talk on this for so long now makes me worry if we will get this functionality ever. Start to wonder if I should sell my Klimax & DS in exchange of for example Lumïn who seems far more pro-active in new technological developments. How many of you are considering this as well?

before get rid of your Linn KDS, check out the products from Sonore at http://www.sonore.us

Their SonicOrbiter 2.5 software allows us to use Roon with our Linn DS players and it is on all of their ethernet connected renderers.

You can either check out their forum at Computer Audiophile to get questions answered or go to https://www.smallgreencomputer.com and email Andrew. He sells Sonore stuff and can answer your questions.

Basically, all you need is the cheapest product Sonore makes, pop it into your network and Roon can use it to render to your KDS.

Andrew used to make a small computer called the UPNP Bridge and I own one. It has the SonicOrbiter software on it and Roon sees it as a Logitech Sqeezebox on my LAN and I play Roon through my KDSM and it sounds great.

Makes a lot mo' sense then ditching the KDS for Lumin IMO.

ChrisG
Find all posts by this user
2017-12-03, 01:48 (This post was last modified: 2017-12-03 01:50 by Wat.)
(2017-12-02 14:08)sjang Wrote:  I am not dure ik it is unfair. All the others were able to solve it. The fact that we talk on this for so long now makes me worry if we will get this functionality ever. Start to wonder if I should sell my Klimax & DS in exchange of for example Lumïn who seems far more pro-active in new technological developments. How many of you are considering this as well?

Certainly not me. I do not see Lumin or Roon as particularly innovative. In any case I’m far more interested in music than technology. Important thing is find an album or track I wish to play: my interest in reading is not great when compared with listening to music.

It would be good if Linn could support Roon for those who like it as long as there’s no inherent cost to those who don’t. However, there are other feature enhancements I’d prefer such as Space Optimised data on S/PDIF output.

JR-MC24->Blu2-DAVE & K-LP12SE wired with Linn Silvers into KK/1D+KCT through SD9s
MDSM3 through MG12s
2018-01-10, 06:27
To get ack to the subject of the thread: any update on Roon support for Linn DS from the team @Linn?
2018-01-10, 12:01 (This post was last modified: 2018-01-10 12:02 by glevethan.)
Yes
Initial post by Keith from Linn was October 2016. 15 months have passed
Maybe they think they can wait us out and we will forget about it
Unfortunately I have a feeling this will never appear.
If so at least Linn should speak up and say so.

Stellar customer service this has not been - the lack of comments or updates is rather disappointing imho.

Naim 552/500 into Kudos Titans
Cymbiosis Signature LP12/Chris Harban Plinth/Keel/Karmen/Tranquility/Radikal/Urika/Aro/Kandid/Skale/Chord Music/Vulkan shelf
KDS/3-Chord Music
2018-01-10, 15:15
<snark on>

I think they have been too busy adding DSD support for a minority of their customers.

Perhaps they only implement things that they completely discount first...Maybe MQA is coming.

</snark off>

Yes, yes. I know it’s not that simple but this is a little ridiculous.
2018-01-10, 15:24
(2018-01-10 12:01)glevethan Wrote:  Yes
Initial post by Keith from Linn was October 2016. 15 months have passed
Maybe they think they can wait us out and we will forget about it
Unfortunately I have a feeling this will never appear.
If so at least Linn should speak up and say so.

Stellar customer service this has not been - the lack of comments or updates is rather disappointing imho.

Errr. October 2017:
https://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread....#pid456329

So 3 months. Do keep up...

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
♫ ♫ Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-01-10, 15:49
@timster Glevethan spoke of the initial post.

TBH iam not updating my Klimax until roon is native, i am not spending 4600 euro to get the extra DSD support.
A) Nobody did ask for DSD this support
B) Linn was against DSD to start with

And to be fair i am paying indirectly for Exact support/space optimisation which i am not using which is fair game.

I just want a proper UX with my Klimax so that my children and wife can easly select music.
This begs the questions how hard is it for Linn to take there customers serieus and give a update once in while.
If the outcome is no Roon, well that's an answer aswell.
That will give people the opportunity to make there own conclusions.

So Linn @Simon Chisholm please respond because these time frames are ridonkelis.
2018-01-10, 16:14
Mike
Thank you for pointing this out to Timster re the 15 month wait

Kudos to the other posters for pointing out valid points
the about face with DSD
EXACT support which I am also not using
Etc.

Regardless - the lack of comment and updates from Linn is appalling
Huge fail and disrespect to their customers imho

AND - they need to wake up and realize it's 2018

Gilad
Kazoo from every aspect is - an embarrassment

There - I said it

Naim 552/500 into Kudos Titans
Cymbiosis Signature LP12/Chris Harban Plinth/Keel/Karmen/Tranquility/Radikal/Urika/Aro/Kandid/Skale/Chord Music/Vulkan shelf
KDS/3-Chord Music
2018-01-10, 16:30
Exakt is one of Linn's USPs and just because you don't use it doesn't mean it's irrelevant that it is continually being developed.
The position on DSD has been explained if you'd care to find out the reasons for it's implementation (which incidentally did not require a 3rd party to do, unlike Roon).
The point I was making was that there has been an update, 3 months ago. OK, so the news was no news, but claiming there has been nothing from Linn at all for 15 (just because that was when this thread started) is simply not true.

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
♫ ♫ Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-01-10, 16:39 (This post was last modified: 2018-01-10 16:43 by Wat.)
I like Kazoo - I can easily pick an album & play it with no need whatever for an Internet connection. Dead easy to use too. Only thing that annoyed me was its nag screen about Tidal which is something I’ve no interest in & will be history quite soon if news reports are correct. I certainly wouldn’t call Kazoo an embarrassment. Though I do prefer J River’s customisable interface, but that is no surprise as I can customise it to how I like with minimal superfluous information.

JR-MC24->Blu2-DAVE & K-LP12SE wired with Linn Silvers into KK/1D+KCT through SD9s
MDSM3 through MG12s
Thread Closed