Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-13, 13:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Roon support for Linn DS

Roon support for Linn DS
2017-12-03, 00:10
RE: Roon support for Linn DS
(2017-12-02 14:08)sjang Wrote:  I am not dure ik it is unfair. All the others were able to solve it. The fact that we talk on this for so long now makes me worry if we will get this functionality ever. Start to wonder if I should sell my Klimax & DS in exchange of for example Lumïn who seems far more pro-active in new technological developments. How many of you are considering this as well?

before get rid of your Linn KDS, check out the products from Sonore at http://www.sonore.us

Their SonicOrbiter 2.5 software allows us to use Roon with our Linn DS players and it is on all of their ethernet connected renderers.

You can either check out their forum at Computer Audiophile to get questions answered or go to https://www.smallgreencomputer.com and email Andrew. He sells Sonore stuff and can answer your questions.

Basically, all you need is the cheapest product Sonore makes, pop it into your network and Roon can use it to render to your KDS.

Andrew used to make a small computer called the UPNP Bridge and I own one. It has the SonicOrbiter software on it and Roon sees it as a Logitech Sqeezebox on my LAN and I play Roon through my KDSM and it sounds great.

Makes a lot mo' sense then ditching the KDS for Lumin IMO.

ChrisG
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-03, 01:48 (This post was last modified: 2017-12-03 01:50 by Wat.)
RE: Roon support for Linn DS
(2017-12-02 14:08)sjang Wrote:  I am not dure ik it is unfair. All the others were able to solve it. The fact that we talk on this for so long now makes me worry if we will get this functionality ever. Start to wonder if I should sell my Klimax & DS in exchange of for example Lumïn who seems far more pro-active in new technological developments. How many of you are considering this as well?

Certainly not me. I do not see Lumin or Roon as particularly innovative. In any case I’m far more interested in music than technology. Important thing is find an album or track I wish to play: my interest in reading is not great when compared with listening to music.

It would be good if Linn could support Roon for those who like it as long as there’s no inherent cost to those who don’t. However, there are other feature enhancements I’d prefer such as Space Optimised data on S/PDIF output.

Digital Juke Box & KLP12 into KK/1D+KCT through SD9s
MDSM3 through MG12s
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply