Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-06-21, 03:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Using Spotify on a Linn DS

Using Spotify on a Linn DS
2016-12-02, 16:24
RE: Using Spotify on a Linn DS
[Image: beating_a_dead_horseemoticon.gif~c200]

1) Sonus Faber Amati Futura; Klimax Katalyst DSM; D’Agostino Momentum S250; Rega RP10 w/Aphelion & Linn Uphorik; Shunyata Denali, ICs, SCs & PCs
2) Luxman SQ-N100, PSB Imagine Mini, AR XA (refurbished), Klimax DSM Renew, Shunyata PS8, Nordost ICs & PCs, Acoustic Zen SCs
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-12-02, 18:20
(2016-12-02 15:45)Mike Schilder Wrote:  lol at the same arguments over and over again, broken record much Wink
Black kettle much? Tongue

You do realise BTW that with your rant against OSS you insulted the Linn developers as 50 to 60% of what you call Davaar is OSS, using Open Protocols to communicate internally for decoding, and externally with the different control points?
Linn would have not been able to create our DSs as they are now without using OSS.
Or was that something that went over your head?
2016-12-02, 19:00 (This post was last modified: 2016-12-03 02:28 by Mike Schilder.)
Please don't make asumptions on my behalf thank you Smile

Een heel fijn weekend toegewenst.
Laten we het daar bij houden Smile
2017-05-17, 02:39
Hi all. I too would like to see spotify integrated in same way as Tidal. However there is a simple fix. My son simply plugs his iphone into front ADSM aux input via 3.5mm cable and is perfectly satisfied. Have just added spotify premium to my cheap samsung (bundled free with Sparkin NZ) and it works fine. Not exactly hires but gives me spotify and smartphone control.

PC (as NAS, Linn Server, Kazoo) - MS Surface control - KDS3(Kat) - MF8500s - Focal 1028be
2nd bedroom as before + range extender - ADSM/1 - headphones, considering kat in due course
2017-05-17, 08:55
No one wants to hear the good music needs Spotify!
The next request is still for You Tube. For such gimmicks there is songcast, that's enough.

Greetings Jörn (sorry for my awful english)
Hörland - Over 40 years LINN
Open Source Seite: http://www.jpo-aktuell.de/OpenSource.php

New LP12, Radikal, Urika, Kore, Ekos SE, Kristal / QNAP 569 Pro / RME UCX
Akurate Exakt DSM2 / Kinsky (Minim) - Sneaky
Akubarik with Amp Stands / Silvercable - Unik / K200
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-05-17, 10:27
Hallo Jörn,

it seems we shouldn't be so intolerant to other users and shouldn't rule other opinions.
Sound quality with 320kB/s is really high, Deutsche Grammophon started their online selling service Klassik Repertoire with this quality in the beginning and Linn Records is selling in this quality also, as well as the highly loved Linn Radio with its 320kB!
As this is an international forum, we are so kind and accept other opinions and wishes.

Gert Volk A-DSM DAC / M-DSM (TV) / A-DS / LP-12 / Unidisk 1.1 / Expert-200 / Troels Gravesen ATS-4 / SBA16 MTM / Velodyne DD-15 / Roon
2017-05-17, 18:01
"Sound quality with 320kB/s is really high" Was that serious?

2017-05-17, 18:14
I am also one of those that consider the sound quality from Spotify 320 (Premium) is really high.

A lot of the high end demos at my dealers were done with Spotify. And that was with full Klimax Komri/242/350 systems at various times.

The quicker Linn integrate Spotify into the software the better.

I have tried Tidal and it has not got anything like the range of music that you can get with Spotify.

(2017-05-17 18:01)JPO2005 Wrote:  "Sound quality with 320kB/s is really high" Was that serious?

Main: KEDSM, 350's with 4 Tundra Stereos and Akurate Exakt Box 10, 530 rears, Oppo 203, Sky Q.
Office: Renew DS2 and 520’s.
2017-05-17, 18:26 (This post was last modified: 2017-05-17 18:31 by JPO2005.)
Sorry, gradually I wonder what level some listen here.

"A lot of the high end demos at my dealers were done with Spotify. And that was with full Klimax Komri/242/350 systems at various times."
Sorry that is for me not a real Linn Dealer.

2017-05-17, 20:01 (This post was last modified: 2017-05-17 20:01 by Sound Hound.)
(2017-05-17 18:26)JPO2005 Wrote:  Sorry, gradually I wonder what level some listen here.

"A lot of the high end demos at my dealers were done with Spotify. And that was with full Klimax Komri/242/350 systems at various times."
Sorry that is for me not a real Linn Dealer.

Agreed, Spotify may not (yet ?) offer the best quality streams, but I too find the quality more than acceptable and eminently listenable to. It's not always the bit rate that matters, for me it's more the musical content and the quality of the original mixing/recording that makes the biggest difference. I'd much rather listen to a truly great track at 320kbs than some complete garbage cover version at studio master bit rates - Just my 2p

KDSM Mk3>Ebox10>Mixed bag of Linn Amps>242Mk2, Solo/D>225, Rears: 2200D > 109s, M&K MX350 Sub (Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Oppo 105, Anthem D2v)
2nd setup - Sneaky, Elderly Majiki, 109s, M&K VX7 Sub