Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-07-21, 14:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Using Spotify on a Linn DS

Using Spotify on a Linn DS
2017-08-25, 13:46 (This post was last modified: 2017-08-25 13:46 by timster (RadiatorCatHammock).)
RE: Using Spotify on a Linn DS
(2017-08-25 13:41)Paulq Wrote:  
(2017-08-25 13:37)mickc Wrote:  
(2017-08-25 13:05)Paulq Wrote:  As a Tidal user I haven't got a clue what Spotify connect even is or how it works but I noticed that the Linn Klimax is now listed on the supported devices of the SC page.

There's a sub heading that says 'includes Akurate' so not sure if that's significant or not for Majik users.

https://www.spotifygear.com/

I've just put the latest beta on our MDSM and Spotify is an available source.
Shame the picture shows a KK and not a KDS/M though!

Mick

Where can I download the beta from please?

In Konfig settings, you need to select Participate in Beta Program" Under Device Updates.
Then you will be prompted to download the latest Beta.

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | AEBox10 [on Custom Design iRAPs] | M6100+2100 | Majik 140 [on alu stands] | REL T5
♫ ♫ Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-25, 13:55
(2017-08-25 11:22)soundsgoodhh Wrote:  Great Stuff !!!! I have three DS/DSM Systeme (Kiko, Sneaky, Klimax DSM) in my House. The process to connect Spotify to a DS/DSM look not so robust. Sometime I see all 3 Devices, to select one in the Spotify App. if I select one ... nothing happened ... then I see nothing ... few minutes later I see all 3 again ... and the game start again ...

Hi Thomas,

The discovery process happens via Bonjour/multicast DNS, similar to how AirPlay discovery works.

If discovered devices are coming and going, I wonder if you are having problems with multicast DNS messages on your network.

Do you have any other Spotify Connect devices (e.g., a Google Chromecast or an Amazon Fire stick) on your network, and do you experience similar problems with those?

Regards,
Gregg
Find all posts by this user
2017-08-25, 14:22
(2017-08-25 13:05)Paulq Wrote:  As a Tidal user I haven't got a clue what Spotify connect even is or how it works but I noticed that the Linn Klimax is now listed on the supported devices of the SC page.

There's a sub heading that says 'includes Akurate' so not sure if that's significant or not for Majik users.

https://www.spotifygear.com/

Hi,

Spotify Connect allows you to stream Spotify Premium content directly to a DS, and control playback of Spotify content on a DS, via the Spotify app.

We have our own Getting Started guide here: Linn Spotify Connect Guide. Spotify also have their own video showing how to use Spotify Connect with mobile devices here: Spotify Connect Video.

Contrary to what the Spotify Gear page may suggest, the current beta provides Spotify Connect support across the entire DS range.

Regards,
Gregg
2017-08-25, 19:01
Just tried it, it works a treat. played Jamie XXs remix of Fourtet's Lion, some bass workout if you're that way inclined Smile

Cymbiosis Black Ash LP12, Cirkus, Hercules, Tramp2, Linn Ittok VII, DV20X(L), Renew ADSM, 2xMajik 4100D, Aktiv Misos, Black ICs, K40 speaker cable
2017-09-02, 13:27
Whoohoo!! It works like a charm.

In Kazoo it says under details that the bitrate is 1411,2kbps. That doesn't seem correct to me...

LP12・Ekos・Adikt・Lingo・Ikemi・Majik DSM・LK Aktiv system・Keilidhs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-09-02, 19:40
At last Linn and Spotify working in perfect harmony Smile
2017-09-02, 20:26 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-02 20:32 by WillyAk.)
(2017-09-02 13:27)dikki Wrote:  In Kazoo it says under details that the bitrate is 1411,2kbps. That doesn't seem correct to me...

See http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.php?tid=37516