Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-04-21, 12:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Flashing LED Majik DSM

Flashing LED Majik DSM
2017-05-03, 02:56
Flashing LED Majik DSM
Hi,

I love my Majik DSM, but one thing is totally annoying: the blue flashing LED inside the case. The blue flashing light finds it way thru the connectors at the back (hdmi ie) and the vent slots. It has to be completly dark in the room to see the flashing. But even in stanby the led flashes.

Right now im sitting in my armchair because i m jetlagged trying to come down by staring into the dark Smile. But there is the majik flashing Wink

I did already turned off exakt and ethernet leds via konfig. So there is another led inside.

Does anybody has some practical tips on that issue? Taping the back connectors will reduce the flashing but it will still shimmer thru vent slots. Maybe paint the led black? Or maybe but a shrink tube on it. Turning off the power will be not an option because i like it in standby cause im lazy. Wink

Many thanks

Nip

Majik DSM2, Majik 140
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-05-03, 09:19 (This post was last modified: 2017-05-03 09:19 by JPO2005.)
RE: Flashing LED Majik DSM
Open Konfig --> Configuration and give him by the ....LEDs "none".

Greetings Jörn (sorry for my awful english)
Hörland - Over 40 years LINN
Open Source Seite: http://www.jpo-aktuell.de/OpenSource.php

New LP12, Radikal, Urika, Kore, Ekos SE, Kristal / QNAP 569 Pro / RME UCX
Akurate Exakt DSM2 / Kinsky (Minim) - Sneaky
Akubarik with Amp Stands / Silvercable - Unik / K200
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-05-03, 10:53
(2017-05-03 09:19)JPO2005 Wrote:  Open Konfig --> Configuration and give him by the ....LEDs "none".

As i mentioned, I already did that. Its an led which cant be turned of inside the case..

Majik DSM2, Majik 140
2017-05-03, 19:40
And the aggressive blue LED in front of my Majik Exaktbox is an annoyance too. As are the flashing LEDs at its back. Both should have an option to dim or turn off. I taped it meanwhile but it is not too nice at the front panel.
2017-05-04, 07:17
(2017-05-03 19:40)roeslewf Wrote:  And the aggressive blue LED in front of my Majik Exaktbox is an annoyance too. As are the flashing LEDs at its back. Both should have an option to dim or turn off. I taped it meanwhile but it is not too nice at the front panel.

I don't know what the internal one the OP is talking about is, but you can use lightdims (available on amazon) for the front one. They are very effective and better looking than a piece if tape.
Unfortunately the Ethernet and Exakt links at the back of Exaktboxes aren't switch offable (it has been requested I think, but afaik no reply from Linn as yet).

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
♫ ♫ Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-09-02, 06:37
@Nip: I know exactly what you are writing about, it's super annoying.

MDSM/0 and /1 did not have this problem.
It started for me after upgrading to MDSM/2.
(don't know about MDSM/3)

To reproduce
- turn off all LEDs in konfig
- completely darken the room and wait a moment till your eyes adapt

It's very obviously visible, even more so if the Majik's back is close to a wall that reflects the light.
You can peek through the venting slots on the top from the left side to see the blue led flashing non-stop inside the Majik in the back.