Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-16, 06:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Audirvana 3.1 Now Playing To UPnP/DLNA Network Players

Audirvana 3.1 Now Playing To UPnP/DLNA Network Players
2017-10-14, 19:26
RE: Audirvana 3.1 Now Playing To UPnP/DLNA Network Players
Most audio products on Apple Hardware use Apple Core Audio, part of Mac OS. Audirvana uses iZotope technology instead of Core Audio. IZotope, on some versions of Mac OS, uses integer rather than floating point arithmetic so should be more accurate when performing sample rate conversions. I wouldn’t have thought this affected UPnP as there is no rendering, it simply serves bits to DS. However, it might exolain differences you’re hearing.

I’ve switched from Audirvana to J River Media Centre. There is little in sound quality: two excellent products, but prefer J River functionality. I’ve no interest in Internet subscription streaming, which is where Audirvana scores so others may have different preferences.

Digital Juke Box & KLP12 into KK/1D+KCT through SD9s
MDSM3 through MG12s
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-08, 15:28
RE: Audirvana 3.1 Now Playing To UPnP/DLNA Network Players
Hi guys,
after Klimax DS Katalyst is now ready for DSD playback with Davaar 4.60.193 and 4.60.192 has someone tried to stream DSD128 from Audirvana3.1 to the DS?
If this is possible it would be very interesting to compare PCM streamed to the DS vs. PCM converted to DSD128 by Audirvana streamed to the DS.
Please be so kind to report your findings.
Thank you.

Matt

LP12 / Exposure / JBL3677
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply