Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-01-16, 10:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Kazoo

Kazoo
2017-08-20, 20:03
Kazoo
Hi, I am using Kazoo to find my music files which are stored on a WD nas drive, they are all flac files and sound excellent, I have some 24 Bit flacs downloaded from Qubuz and the tracks look fine in my folder however when I view these in Kazoo the tracks are doubled up two one's, two two's two three's but tracks ripped from cd seem fine they all have tag images, has anyone come across this?
Steve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-21, 06:03
RE: Kazoo
It sounds like you may have two versions of the same album? A CD rip and a 24-bit download? Is that correct? In which case, the server will treat them both as part of the same album (as the artist and album title are exactly the same). If you rename the 24-bit to "albumname [HD]" for example then they will be listed separately.
If the download has no album art, the easiest thing to do would be to copy the ripped album's image file into the downloaded album's directory (and name it folder.jpg). Or use mp3tag (or similar) to embed it into the flac files.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-08-21, 19:17
(2017-08-21 06:03)timster Wrote:  It sounds like you may have two versions of the same album? A CD rip and a 24-bit download? Is that correct? In which case, the server will treat them both as part of the same album (as the artist and album title are exactly the same). If you rename the 24-bit to "albumname [HD]" for example then they will be listed separately.
If the download has no album art, the easiest thing to do would be to copy the ripped album's image file into the downloaded album's directory (and name it folder.jpg). Or use mp3tag (or similar) to embed it into the flac files.
Hi Timster, Thanks for the reply, the 24-bit downloads have no ripped cd file as well just the download, strange that it is only these downloads are double tracked, I do have a couple of ripped cds that might not be tagged correctly as Tom Petty is mixed up with Bruce Springsteen so I am working on that with mp3tag at the moment, so any help is appreciated.
Steve
2017-08-22, 06:47
What server are you using? It could just need a rescan.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-08-22, 08:48
Do you download to one location and then copy the files to the NAS?

Could you be scanning both locations?

Peter
Melco N1ZH, MinimServer, Kazoo & Lumin on PC, iPad, Android
2017-08-22, 20:37
(2017-08-22 06:47)timster Wrote:  What server are you using? It could just need a rescan.
Hi Timster, I'm using a W.D. cloud 3tb nas drive and I have done a rescan, however your suggestion of cd files and downloads make me think as I have purchased albums on the Qobuz page in Kazoo plus the 24 bit file in my music is Kazoo grabbing both files which doubles the tracks! so should I delete the 24 bit files from the server and just play them on the Qobuz page?
Steve
2017-08-22, 20:49
(2017-08-22 08:48)peter@57m Wrote:  Do you download to one location and then copy the files to the NAS?

Hi Peter, I rip the cds as Flac files and store in album/artist folders, on my pc then that Flac file folder has been copied to the server, but as I said I wonder if Kazoo picks up twin tracks from
the Qobuz page and the server?
Steve
2017-08-22, 20:56 (This post was last modified: 2017-08-22 20:56 by entdgc.)
When you rip does your rip software create a .cue file?
What files are actually in the folder? Flac files and possibly a jpg album cover is all you need.

Dave

LP12+Origin Live Alliance+Ortofon 2m Red > Graham Slee Communicator = KDSr/1 > silver > KK/1D > silver > Keltik Klimax XOvers > black > 2x4200/D > K600(+2) > Keltiks
2017-08-22, 20:57
(2017-08-22 20:49)SKY1950 Wrote:  
(2017-08-22 08:48)peter@57m Wrote:  Do you download to one location and then copy the files to the NAS?

Hi Peter, I rip the cds as Flac files and store in album/artist folders, on my pc then that Flac file folder has been copied to the server, but as I said I wonder if Kazoo picks up twin tracks from
Steve

Are you using Twonky on the WD Nas as your music server or running Kazoo server on your PC with the WD Nas mapped as an external drive?

If the latter then Kazoo would likely pick up the PC files as well as the Nas files. If the former, then not sure what to suggest :-(
2017-08-22, 21:03
(2017-08-22 20:57)peter@57m Wrote:  
(2017-08-22 20:49)SKY1950 Wrote:  

Steve

Are you using Twonky on the WD Nas as your music server or running Kazoo server on your PC with the WD Nas mapped as an external drive?

If the latter then Kazoo would likely pick up the PC files as well as the Nas files. If the former, then not sure what to suggest :-(
Hi Peter, Just using Kazoo on the pc and Ipad/Iphone and my Majik dsm picks up direct from Kazoo and the server.
Steve