Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-01-20, 00:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Kazoo

Kazoo
2017-08-23, 08:30
RE: Kazoo
(2017-08-22 20:37)SKY1950 Wrote:  
(2017-08-22 06:47)timster Wrote:  What server are you using? It could just need a rescan.
Hi Timster, I'm using a W.D. cloud 3tb nas drive and I have done a rescan, however your suggestion of cd files and downloads make me think as I have purchased albums on the Qobuz page in Kazoo plus the 24 bit file in my music is Kazoo grabbing both files which doubles the tracks! so should I delete the 24 bit files from the server and just play them on the Qobuz page?
Steve

No.
The server on your NAS has no access to the Qobuz streams. Neither does Kazoo (control point) amalgamate what it displays from multiple sources. If you are seeing double tracks for an album when browsing the server, it must be that the server has scanned two copies of the same album.
One possibility is that it could be scanning your music library and a recycle bin that happens to be under the music library home directory and contains old deleted files. It would be useful to know what server you are using (it can't be Kazoo Server because that isn't supported on your NAS), and what you have told it is the home directory of the music library.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-23, 08:47
(2017-08-23 08:30)timster Wrote:  It would be useful to know what server you are using (it can't be Kazoo Server because that isn't supported on your NAS)

... or MinimServer either, unless it's a 'home brew' installation. Reading through the thread, I'm not sure that the OP has fully understood that what we are interested in here is the server software running on the NAS, rather than the NAS hardware. The NAS documentation stares that

The WD My Cloud device uses TwonkyMedia as its DLNA media server.

and then gives a dead link for further information. The only accessible Twonky site has no support information at all; these days, Twonky seems to be hiding behind a paywall.

Media streaming does not seem to have much priority in the My Cloud design; I don't thing that it's accidental that they market it, not as a NAS, but as "Personal Cloud Storage"

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
Find all posts by this user
2017-08-23, 10:08
(2017-08-23 08:47)DavidHB Wrote:  
(2017-08-23 08:30)timster Wrote:  It would be useful to know what server you are using (it can't be Kazoo Server because that isn't supported on your NAS)

... or MinimServer either, unless it's a 'home brew' installation. Reading through the thread, I'm not sure that the OP has fully understood that what we are interested in here is the server software running on the NAS, rather than the NAS hardware. The NAS documentation stares that

The WD My Cloud device uses TwonkyMedia as its DLNA media server.

and then gives a dead link for further information. The only accessible Twonky site has no support information at all; these days, Twonky seems to be hiding behind a paywall.

Media streaming does not seem to have much priority in the My Cloud design; I don't thing that it's accidental that they market it, not as a NAS, but as "Personal Cloud Storage"

David

I don't really understand what it is actually. It says it's compatible with Windows and Mac. Does this mean it runs Windows or Mac operating system? In which case the OP could be running Kazoo Server.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-08-23, 11:23
(2017-08-23 10:08)timster Wrote:  I don't really understand what it is actually. It says it's compatible with Windows and Mac. Does this mean it runs Windows or Mac operating system? In which case the OP could be running Kazoo Server.

It's a Linux box (as the great majority of all NASs are), with SMB capabilities (again a standard feature) so that it can interact with Windows and Mac file systems.
This thread on the MinimServer forum tells the story of an attempt to install MinimServer on a My Cloud device. You will see that this is not an easy thing to do.

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
2017-08-24, 09:43
I had a similar problem with my cloud 4tb and found that a rebuild sorted it out, rescan had no effect.

MAIN - Black Lp12, Majik DS,Akito 2, Lingo 1, Dynavector dv20 XH, Naim Stageline, Supernait, B&W703s, 4xPowerlines, Flatcap2x, Audiophile Base, NACA5.
KITCHEN - Akai 4000ds,Pioneer SX590, CJ55 with SME3009, , Sneaky, DSM B&W 685s2
2017-09-12, 21:49
Hi All, the problem was I had my 24bit download files in the WD server with the Flac files and after removing them and storing on a different drive only one set of tracks on all albums so thanks for all the help.
Steve