Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-01-20, 00:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Installing Konfig and Kazoo on a new PC with Kazoo Server for QNAP

Installing Konfig and Kazoo on a new PC with Kazoo Server for QNAP
2017-09-02, 13:03
Installing Konfig and Kazoo on a new PC with Kazoo Server for QNAP
My Linn setup includes a Majik DSM Mk3 with Software Ver. 4.59.185. It was originally configured by my dealer with Konfig (now Ver. 4.34.73).
Konfig is installed on a PC running Windows 10 (now Anniversary Update (Ver. 1607)) with Kazoo Server V4.7.1215.0 on a QNAP TS-251+ NAS. The dealer also installed Kazoo for Windows Ver. 4.11.240 on this PC and Ver. 4.11.232 ios Ver. 10.3.3 on my iPad.
I have recently purchased a replacement PC with Windows 10 Creators Update (Ver. 1703) and want to install Konfig etc. on this machine.
I have three questions:
1.What happens when I install Konfig on this new machine - should it see both the Majik and the NAS with Kazoo Server?
2. Should it recognise the latest settings or does it go back to the default settings requiring me to re- configure them?
3. Will I be able to use Konfig with Kazoo Server from either PC without conflict if they are both kept up to date?
Any help would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-02, 15:17
RE: Installing Konfig and Kazoo on a new PC with Kazoo Server for QNAP
(2017-09-02 13:03)ChrisC Wrote:  My Linn setup includes a Majik DSM Mk3 with Software Ver. 4.59.185. It was originally configured by my dealer with Konfig (now Ver. 4.34.73).
Konfig is installed on a PC running Windows 10 (now Anniversary Update (Ver. 1607)) with Kazoo Server V4.7.1215.0 on a QNAP TS-251+ NAS. The dealer also installed Kazoo for Windows Ver. 4.11.240 on this PC and Ver. 4.11.232 ios Ver. 10.3.3 on my iPad.
I have recently purchased a replacement PC with Windows 10 Creators Update (Ver. 1703) and want to install Konfig etc. on this machine.
I have three questions:
1.What happens when I install Konfig on this new machine - should it see both the Majik and the NAS with Kazoo Server?
2. Should it recognise the latest settings or does it go back to the default settings requiring me to re- configure them?
3. Will I be able to use Konfig with Kazoo Server from either PC without conflict if they are both kept up to date?

1. Yes
2. The DS configuration settings will be as they are (konfig reads them from the DS rather than store them itself). For Space Optimisation it will give you three choices: a) import from the DS, b) create a new profile, or c) use current saved settings. On a new machine there won't be any c).
If you have more than one profile on your current PC, you should export them and save the file to a flash drive or, preferably, the NAS. Then you can import them into the new konfig on the new machine by selecting either a) or b) above.
3. Yes. I use konfig on both my laptop and tablet. The only thing you need to be aware of is changes to SO on one won't be reflected on the other until you sync them (with export/import as explained in 2 above) - hence saving them to the NAS is a good idea as it's a common file to both.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-09-04, 12:05
RE: Installing Konfig and Kazoo on a new PC with Kazoo Server for QNAP
(2017-09-02 15:17)timster Wrote:  
(2017-09-02 13:03)ChrisC Wrote:  My Linn setup includes a Majik DSM Mk3 with Software Ver. 4.59.185. It was originally configured by my dealer with Konfig (now Ver. 4.34.73).
I have three questions:

1. Yes
2. The DS configuration settings will be as they are (konfig reads them from the DS rather than store them itself). For Space Optimisation it will give you three choices: a) import from the DS, b) create a new profile, or c) use current saved settings. On a new machine there won't be any c).
If you have more than one profile on your current PC, you should export them and save the file to a flash drive or, preferably, the NAS. Then you can import them into the new konfig on the new machine by selecting either a) or b) above.
3. Yes. I use konfig on both my laptop and tablet. The only thing you need to be aware of is changes to SO on one won't be reflected on the other until you sync them (with export/import as explained in 2 above) - hence saving them to the NAS is a good idea as it's a common file to both.
Thanks for that. Managed to install as above without any difficulties. Unfortunately, SO not saved on my first PC so not a problem.
Find all posts by this user