Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-04-21, 12:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Qobuz options & pricing

Qobuz options & pricing
2017-09-03, 18:26
Qobuz options & pricing
My Apple Music subscription is up for renewal & given the DS integration I am considering moving to Qobuz. Their website is a bit Byzantine and perhaps somebody here can educate me on some of the questions I have.

First their pricing: Sublime & Sublime+ are only available when paid upfront? No monthly option?!

Also the website states €19.99 monthly for the Hifi subscription while the same thing is quoted as 25.99 monthly in the App.

I listen to a lot of music on the go in the phone and Apple Music excels for this. I am not sure if using Qobuz parallel on the DS and the phone is feasible. Anybody experience with their app and happy with it?!

Last not least there is a family plan for Apple Music with up to six people that can be signed up. Does Qobuz anything similar?

Thx!

http://www.last.fm/user/mcgillroy

Kudos - MDSM/2 - 6100/D - Chakra active Kabers - Nubert 441w sub + Qobuz Sublime.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-03, 18:35
RE: Qobuz options & pricing
I don't have all the answers, but:
- http://www.qobuz.com/nl-nl/plans/music-s...bscription
- You pay upfront
- I pay €219.99/year for sublime
- Tried the app, it works, found no use for it.
- Up to 4 IP addresses can use Qobuz, I never exceeded 2, but those work.

Tin can telephone system.
2017-09-03, 18:38 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-03 18:39 by Martin H.)
(2017-09-03 18:26)mcgillroy Wrote:  My Apple Music subscription is up for renewal & given the DS integration I am considering moving to Qobuz. Their website is a bit Byzantine and perhaps somebody here can educate me on some of the questions I have.

First their pricing: Sublime & Sublime+ are only available when paid upfront? No monthly option?!

Also the website states €19.99 monthly for the Hifi subscription while the same thing is quoted as 25.99 monthly in the App.

I listen to a lot of music on the go in the phone and Apple Music excels for this. I am not sure if using Qobuz parallel on the DS and the phone is feasible. Anybody experience with their app and happy with it?!

Last not least there is a family plan for Apple Music with up to six people that can be signed up. Does Qobuz anything similar?

Thx!

Care -but I think the answers are :

1 - Sublime & Sublime+ is only available paid upfront? No monthly option?

2 - In UK it's £19.99 a month or £199.99 up front for the year

3 - music on the go in the phone - I use mine in the car via mobile and the DS. It works perfectly for me - offline or streaming,

4 - You should check this but I think it used to limit the number of devices. the website seems to say this now Connect with as many devices as you like (listening limited to one device at one time)

TBH I have never tried to play the DS and my mobile at the same time (I would try it but can't do that at the moment unfortunately). I would suggest if you need to do that then I would email them - they are very helpful. I am pretty certain that it's not the intention that 6 people should share the same subs.

I should have added that I really like the Wobuz apps on android/IOS and the windows 10 PC desktop. They all work really well.
2017-09-04, 09:19
Thx Martin & Tin! Will sign up for a trial of the Hifi-Subscription and also write them. I am still trying to make sense of the different price quotes given in the App and their online store.

Kudos - MDSM/2 - 6100/D - Chakra active Kabers - Nubert 441w sub + Qobuz Sublime.
2017-09-04, 09:54
Once you start using Quboz I'm sure you'll love it. I use it it to stream mainly and I have the app on my iPad. Not sure how many people can access. I use it on holiday and is fine as long as the wi-fi is good. Martin gave me a tip to switch from Flac streaming to MP3 if the wi-fi wasn't too good and it worked. I pay yearly mainly because it's easier. For me the main bonus is the discount off the downloads. If you buy downloads then you get some good discounts, the money I save more than pays for the streaming. I have tried/used Spotify, Tidal, Applemusic and Quboz and for me Quboz wins.
2017-09-04, 20:46 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-04 21:02 by BB1.)
(2017-09-04 09:19)mcgillroy Wrote:  I am still trying to make sense of the different price quotes given in the App and their online store.

That's because Apple wants to earn a serious amount of money on any sale in their store. For subscriptions like Qobuz, Apple charges about 30 % of the retail price for the first year and about 15 % for the following years.

If you decide to subscribe, do it on Qobuz' online store. You'll get the same functionality for less money.

AEDSM > KEB/1 x 2 > Linn Silvers > A4200/1 x 2 > K200 > MISOs
2017-09-05, 18:48
(2017-09-04 20:46)BB1 Wrote:  
(2017-09-04 09:19)mcgillroy Wrote:  I am still trying to make sense of the different price quotes given in the App and their online store.

That's because Apple wants to earn a serious amount of money on any sale in their store. For subscriptions like Qobuz, Apple charges about 30 % of the retail price for the first year and about 15 % for the following years.

If you decide to subscribe, do it on Qobuz' online store. You'll get the same functionality for less money.

Likewise Spotify.... it's £9.99 on the website, £12.99 via the App.
Unlike Spotify, with Qobuz I can stream 2 different playlists to my DS's at the same time - so it's not one player at a time.

I like the way you can build the current playlist directly from Kazoo, and add tracks from your own ripped library or Qobuz as you like.

Enjoy.

Klimax Renew DS > AK/0/D > Majik 6100 > Chakra Activ Kaber.
2017-09-05, 22:01
Got a nice mail from their customer service. Really outstanding & very helpful.

Starting trial tomorrow and will see how it goes. Thx everybody.

2017-09-06, 08:59
Three questions: is there any way to browse genres in Kazoo? It works with Qobuz in Lumin but don't see it in Kazoo.

For classical music the composer needs to be indicated. Otherwise no fun! Any record that has pieces by more than one composer and your are lost: 4 x "Adagio" - but by whom?!

Any possibility to see booklets of the music streamed?

2017-09-06, 09:50 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-06 09:59 by Tin.)
I hardly use Kazoo at all, but I can't find the genres either. That is weird as I do have those on Bubble DS and it would be a huge oversight not to have that in Kazoo.
So I hope you discovered a bug.

As for searching, in Bubble DS, that sort of sucks. I often use the Qobuz website to find if they have the album I'm looking for and than use different tactics (Artist, Title, Composer) to find it in Bubble DS.
Yesterday I found the Rossini album DavidHB mentioned in his wet wednesday thread by looking for the performers instead of the composer. It really varies.
If you consider it a chase or a hunt, it stays interesting. If you consider it a chore, it gets boring very fast.
I especially like browsing through the genre/new releases lists in Bubble DS, or here on these forums in the music thread to find new material.
There are a lot of gems out there.

As for the booklets.. no idea. Smile

Tin can telephone system.