Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-01-20, 00:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Qobuz options & pricing

Qobuz options & pricing
2017-09-06, 11:38
RE: Qobuz options & pricing
I can't see a way to select genre either, but when I've tried to find a particularly awkward-to-find piece of music, I've used the app on my iPad, or the Qobuz website, found the piece then made it a favourite, which I can then pick from my favourites within Kazoo.

Mick

LP12SE * KDS/3 * KK/1/D * Solos/1/D * Akubarik/P
MDSM/3 * Majik 109
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-06, 12:05
(2017-09-06 11:38)mickc Wrote:  I can't see a way to select genre either, but when I've tried to find a particularly awkward-to-find piece of music, I've used the app on my iPad, or the Qobuz website, found the piece then made it a favourite, which I can then pick from my favourites within Kazoo.

Mick
Thank you! This makes life so much easier! Smile

For the procedure: go to the Qobuz website and make sure you are logged on.
Find the album of your choice and click on the heart shaped icon.

In Bubble DS it will be part of your favourites after you press reload, which is under the top right 3 vertical dots.

Tin can telephone system.
2017-09-06, 12:09
Lumin will give you gengres in Quobuz. Vastly superior to Kazoo and will also display a hi-rez symbol w the album art. Also works w Kazoo server but not ideal, I run Asset MacPro server for Lumin and Kazoo server for Kazoo.

Apple Power Mac G5 Server - Chord - AEDSM - Chord - AExaktbox10 - Linn Silvers - 4200 / 2x 3100 (5100 w 2 channels removed) - K400 / K600 crimped bananas - 242s Solid Stands
- Exaktbox Sub- Linn Silvers - 2x221 Sub
LP12 w Linn stuff & SmokeD LiD
2017-09-06, 14:19
(2017-09-06 09:50)Tin Wrote:  I often use the Qobuz website to find if they have the album I'm looking for and than use different tactics (Artist, Title, Composer) to find it in Bubble DS.

Yesterday I found the Rossini album DavidHB mentioned in his wet wednesday thread by looking for the performers instead of the composer. It really varies.

If you consider it a chase or a hunt, it stays interesting. If you consider it a chore, it gets boring very fast.

Too much friction. This is a basic use-case and should be baked into the UI. It's 2017, we have had streaming audio for ten years now and it still fails in standard scenarios.

Apple Music while not great does show composer tags and makes it relatively easy to compare different recordings of a piece. Qobuz sounds indeed better and I like the option to get high-rez discounted via their Sublime subscription. But not to impressed with the usability so far.

Will write them an email and also hope Linn perhaps sheds some light on this question: is this a Qobuz or a control-point problem?!

But btw: could you point me to that Rossini plz!

http://www.last.fm/user/mcgillroy

MDSM/2 - 6100/D - active Kabers - Nubert 441w sub + Qobuz Sublime.
2017-09-06, 14:42
(2017-09-06 14:19)mcgillroy Wrote:  
(2017-09-06 09:50)Tin Wrote:  I often use the Qobuz website to find if they have the album I'm looking for and than use different tactics (Artist, Title, Composer) to find it in Bubble DS.

Yesterday I found the Rossini album DavidHB mentioned in his wet wednesday thread by looking for the performers instead of the composer. It really varies.

If you consider it a chase or a hunt, it stays interesting. If you consider it a chore, it gets boring very fast.

Too much friction. This is a basic use-case and should be baked into the UI. It's 2017, we have had streaming audio for ten years now and it still fails in standard scenarios.

Apple Music while not great does show composer tags and makes it relatively easy to compare different recordings of a piece. Qobuz sounds indeed better and I like the option to get high-rez discounted via their Sublime subscription. But not to impressed with the usability so far.

Will write them an email and also hope Linn perhaps sheds some light on this question: is this a Qobuz or a control-point problem?!

I guess it is an API problem as searching on the website of Qobuz works pretty good.

http://www.qobuz.com/nl-nl/search?q=ross...i=boutique
It is the album with String Sonatas/Wolf in the title. I would give you a direct link but that seems to be linked to my account.

Tin can telephone system.
2017-09-06, 18:04
(2017-09-06 14:42)Tin Wrote:  
(2017-09-06 14:19)mcgillroy Wrote:  

I guess it is an API problem as searching on the website of Qobuz works pretty good.

http://www.qobuz.com/nl-nl/search?q=ross...i=boutique
It is the album with String Sonatas/Wolf in the title. I would give you a direct link but that seems to be linked to my account.

Put it in a Qobuz playlist and publish that.