Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-14, 19:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Streaming from android device ?

Streaming from android device ?
2017-10-19, 22:08
RE: Streaming from android device ?
I think that Tin has answered the immediate question for me. Beyond that, we get into issues of design philosophy, commercial viability, and the nature of user expectations. If you don't mind, I don't think I'll go there. Smile

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-20, 10:02
It is possible but requires a rooted device. Look at https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...u.airaudio (haven't tried it)

AEDSM, Akurate Exaktbox, 2*A4200/D, C2200/D, Akubariks
Majik DS-I, Katans
2017-10-20, 11:46 (This post was last modified: 2017-10-20 11:47 by Donald.)
(2017-10-19 22:08)DavidHB Wrote:  I think that Tin has answered the immediate question for me.

Glad to be of help - as Tin said "So Donald was indeed correct." . Big Grin

To summarise - the OP asked " But I want a different thing. If I play a youtube video I want the sound streamed to the DS, like airplay can do. Is that also possible with Bubble DS ?" - hopefully the consensus now is that you can't, but that's something Google need to address in Android and not a limitation of either the Linn DS or BubbleDS?

More than happy to be corrected by the Forum cognoscenti!

Macallan's link is worth looking at but there is a danger you could end up with a bricked Android device!

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM/2 | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.