Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-14, 22:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Standby?

Standby?
2017-10-19, 13:14
Standby?
If I leave my new AEDSM not playing, it doesn't go into standby. I have to switch it off with the button on the remote (or Kazoo). Is this normal? Can it be changed (I don't see an option in Konfig - only the display time-out)?

I guess there isn't much difference in power use of the AEDSM (maybe?), but the Exaktbox only powers off if the ADSM is in standby, so it is two boxes, not one....

Black ash LP12 (with Akito 1, Adikt, Kore, Trampolin 2, Tranquility, silver T-kable and Lingo 2), AEDSM/1, Exaktbox 6, 2x 2250/D, all on Quadraspire Q4 Evo rack+wall shelf and Ninkas w/ polymer bases.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-19, 13:27
RE: Standby?
(2017-10-19 13:14)solanum Wrote:  If I leave my new AEDSM not playing, it doesn't go into standby. I have to switch it off with the button on the remote (or Kazoo). Is this normal? Can it be changed (I don't see an option in Konfig - only the display time-out)?

I guess there isn't much difference in power use of the AEDSM (maybe?), but the Exaktbox only powers off if the ADSM is in standby, so it is two boxes, not one....

This is normal, you need to use the remote (or Kazoo) to put it into standby. The poweramps have an automatic standby function, however.

My system: LP12/Keel/Radikal/Ekos 2/Akiva/Akurate DSM1/Cisco WS-C2960-8TC-L/ QNAP 219P II / Kudos /2 x C6100-D/Akubarik (externally active).
2017-10-19, 13:29
(2017-10-19 13:14)solanum Wrote:  Is this normal?

Yes.

(2017-10-19 13:14)solanum Wrote:  Can it be changed (I don't see an option in Konfig - only the display time-out)?

No.

(2017-10-19 13:14)solanum Wrote:  I guess there isn't much difference in power use of the AEDSM (maybe?), but the Exaktbox only powers off if the ADSM is in standby, so it is two boxes, not one....

I don't think that there's much difference in the Exaktbox either (the difference in the DSM is only a few watts). I put my boxes in standby overnight or when going out for a lengthy period, but not otherwise.

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
2017-10-19, 13:45
(2017-10-19 13:27)Tendaberry Wrote:  
(2017-10-19 13:14)solanum Wrote:  If I leave my new AEDSM not playing, it doesn't go into standby. I have to switch it off with the button on the remote (or Kazoo). Is this normal? Can it be changed (I don't see an option in Konfig - only the display time-out)?

This is normal, you need to use the remote (or Kazoo) to put it into standby. The poweramps have an automatic standby function, however.

Yeah, I was a bit worried that the Exaktbox being on might keep the power amps on as well. I guess it shouldn't as it won't be passing a signal...

Black ash LP12 (with Akito 1, Adikt, Kore, Trampolin 2, Tranquility, silver T-kable and Lingo 2), AEDSM/1, Exaktbox 6, 2x 2250/D, all on Quadraspire Q4 Evo rack+wall shelf and Ninkas w/ polymer bases.
2017-10-19, 19:48 (This post was last modified: 2017-10-19 20:00 by BB1.)
(2017-10-19 13:29)DavidHB Wrote:  
(2017-10-19 13:14)solanum Wrote:  I guess there isn't much difference in power use of the AEDSM (maybe?), but the Exaktbox only powers off if the ADSM is in standby, so it is two boxes, not one....

I don't think that there's much difference in the Exaktbox either (the difference in the DSM is only a few watts).

The mains power consumption of an Exaktbox in standby is nearly zero watts (I've measured the power consumption of my former AEB10 and my current KEB/1s). The standby supply needed to power it up fully is provided by the Exakt link. Even if a KEB/1 is disconnected from mains, it will still light a red LED on the rear side if it's connected to a fully powered up DS(M). I'm not sure whether this LED was present at my AEB, though.

AEDSM > KEB/1 x 2 > Linn Silvers > A4200/1 x 2 > K200 > MISOs
2017-10-20, 02:34
(2017-10-19 19:48)BB1 Wrote:  The mains power consumption of an Exaktbox in standby is nearly zero watts (I've measured the power consumption of my former AEB10 and my current KEB/1s). The standby supply needed to power it up fully is provided by the Exakt link. Even if a KEB/1 is disconnected from mains, it will still light a red LED on the rear side if it's connected to a fully powered up DS(M). I'm not sure whether this LED was present at my AEB, though.

That's interesting (and something of a surprise), but I've now found the spec sheet that states that the input power requirement in sleep mode is <5mw and the consumption in use is 25w. This compares with 19w (HDMI disabled) and 22w respectively for my KEDSM.

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko