Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-14, 22:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / BBC Radio Dropouts

BBC Radio Dropouts
2017-10-26, 15:48
BBC Radio Dropouts
I have been getting spordic dropouts on BBC radio stations these last few weeks via Tunein. Not often but enough ot be annoying or suggest an issue. I have no network issues I know of. Qobuz works fine etc

Anyone else or is it me? I would think the BBC would likely not have any issues left not addressed for this amount of time
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-26, 18:12
RE: BBC Radio Dropouts
Even if you don't currently use MinimServer, you could try using MinimServer/MinimStreamer to stream BBC stations using their native (non-Tunein) URLs, to see if that works any better. The starting point for installing and using MinimServer and Minimstreamer aa a radio streamer is here.

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
2017-10-26, 18:27 (This post was last modified: 2017-10-26 18:27 by moomintroll.)
I find BBC dropouts to be fairly common, especially local stations. I think the explanation was that sometimes the DS can lose the lock on a radio station if it constantly misbehaves ( or I may have made that up Sad)

Whatever, I've stopped worrying about it and listen to something else.

'troll
2017-10-26, 21:15
It's been a problem with BBC radio feeds for the last few weeks - and it is getting very irritating!

There's no problems on any other Tunein channels, or Qobuz, or Calm Radio - so its clearly the BBC.

Hope they get it sorted soon.

Regards

Peter-Marc

KDS4/350A; ADSE/AkurateExaktbox 6/6100/109 + ExaktboxSub/T/9i(x2); MDSM2/109; Sekrit(x5)/109; Sneaky
MacMini: MinimServer/Kazoo
TS-419P+:MinimServer/Assett
2017-10-28, 09:05
Thanks all
2017-10-28, 12:18
(2017-10-26 21:15)fortune Wrote:  It's been a problem with BBC radio feeds for the last few weeks - and it is getting very irritating! ... Hope they get it sorted soon.

Although I don't listen to BBC streams every day, I haven't noticed this on Radio 3, which is the streamed station I listen to most. It may be that the problem is not in the BBC server as such but in the particular routing to your internet connection. It will be interesting to see whether there are any more reports of this problem.

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
2017-10-28, 13:01
(2017-10-28 12:18)DavidHB Wrote:  
(2017-10-26 21:15)fortune Wrote:  It's been a problem with BBC radio feeds for the last few weeks - and it is getting very irritating! ... Hope they get it sorted soon.

Although I don't listen to BBC streams every day, I haven't noticed this on Radio 3, which is the streamed station I listen to most. It may be that the problem is not in the BBC server as such but in the particular routing to your internet connection. It will be interesting to see whether there are any more reports of this problem.

David

Was chatting to the Linn dealer I buy from - they have had the same problem and are other side of the city to me and different ISP.

Regards

Peter-Marc

KDS4/350A; ADSE/AkurateExaktbox 6/6100/109 + ExaktboxSub/T/9i(x2); MDSM2/109; Sekrit(x5)/109; Sneaky
2017-10-28, 13:06
(2017-10-28 13:01)fortune Wrote:  Was chatting to the Linn dealer I buy from - they have had the same problem and are other side of the city to me and different ISP.

If you are only seeing problems with BBC streams, it is likely that any routing problems will not be local to you. Given the pressures on internet services in central London, it would be quite plausible that they are at the BBC end of things. You always have the option of contacting the BBC and asking them whether they are aware of the issue.

David

2017-10-29, 21:31
Issues here as well, Radio 2 was dropping a lot this morning, seems to on Sundays, gave up. We could stream a Slovak radio station across Europe without a hitch, all via TuneIn. So does seen BBC end/fault.

Music Room:- LP12 Klimax SE...KDS/1/D KK/1/D Solos/D - Supra Sword I/C TQ Ultra Black - PMC FACT8.
Lounge:- ADS/D..MarantzSR7005+UD7006..2250/D. Dynaudio Gemini..Rikter 12.26 Sub.
Orangery:- Majik DSM- KEF Ci200QS.. Kitchen:- Sneaky DS...Study:- PC - iFi Nano DAC, AV5125 - Kan Mk2
2017-10-29, 21:42
I've given up and got my old tuner out of a box and connected it to my system!

Regards

Peter-Marc