Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-14, 19:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Tidal music video to Speakers and TV

Tidal music video to Speakers and TV
2017-10-29, 10:20
Tidal music video to Speakers and TV
Hi,

Now a little more informed about how to do this (my recent thread) - but still not sure.

I have tidal music videos on my ipad and a Linn DSM. I would like the sound to go to my speakers and the video to my TV.

It has been suggested that I buy the Chromecast unit and place this in the TV HDMI socket then with the chromecast app in my ipad send the video to the TV chromecast unit. Then connect a HDMI cable from the TV to the DSM in.

Just thinking would tidal allow their music video to be broadcasted to the Chromecast unit.

Please could anyone comment on this method or suggest an alternative method.

Has anyone successfully managed this process.

Regards John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-29, 10:35
RE: Tidal music video to Speakers and TV
(2017-10-29 10:20)design4p Wrote:  Hi,

Now a little more informed about how to do this (my recent thread) - but still not sure.

I have tidal music videos on my ipad and a Linn DSM. I would like the sound to go to my speakers and the video to my TV.

It has been suggested that I buy the Chromecast unit and place this in the TV HDMI socket then with the chromecast app in my ipad send the video to the TV chromecast unit. Then connect a HDMI cable from the TV to the DSM in.

Just thinking would tidal allow their music video to be broadcasted to the Chromecast unit.

Please could anyone comment on this method or suggest an alternative method.

Has anyone successfully managed this process.

Regards John

Firstly, not HDMI but the optical out of the TV into a TOSlink of the DSM.
Secondly - if the video is on your iPad then you can do what you like with it Wink

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-10-29, 11:25
RE: Tidal music video to Speakers and TV
(2017-10-29 10:35)timster Wrote:  if the video is on your iPad then you can do what you like with it Wink

Not strictly true with chromecast. You can only throw compatible apps. Thankfully tidal is compatible and you can cast it.
With AirPlay you have to mirror the iPad to use tidal, which I find isn’t so good as it sometimes doesn’t fill the screen.

Both chromecast and appleTV have their separate limitations but I do prefer chromecast as it’s much cheaper, does more and is google assistance compatible which is very cool.

ADSM, 4200/D, 109s, k400, silvers
Find all posts by this user