Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-16, 06:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / I want to start streaming but don't know were to start.

I want to start streaming but don't know were to start.
2017-12-03, 19:16
RE: I want to start streaming but don't know were to start.
(2017-11-29 14:57)mackhm Wrote:  
(2017-11-27 11:28)timster Wrote:  
(2017-11-26 21:47)mackhm Wrote:  I use Lumin on my iPad with my Sonore microRendu in my second system, but don't like it as much as Kazoo.

Perhaps I am the exception, but I like Kazoo more than most of the other control points out there. However, I much prefer the version of Kazoo on my Windows 10 PC to the equivalent on my iPad. For me, the Windows 10 version of Kazoo is pretty near perfect. If you have access to a Windows 10 PC or laptop, then I would give it a try.

Glad you like the Akurate though. I thought you would.

Please don't say that! Linn may think it's done and can be put to bed. There is still at least one outstanding problem with it on my Windows 10 tablet - have you tried searching Tidal/Qobuz? More often than not it crashes!

That's strange!

I don't have a subscription to Qobuz, but I do have a subscription to Tidal 'Hi-Fi'. I use the search facility quite a lot, which in my experience rarely, if ever, crashes.

Same here, use tidal and searching via Kazoo has never crashed my IPad-it's an older gen 2 iPad .

LP12 - Mober DC, Trampoline, Kore, Cirkus, Ekos 2, Lyra Kleos, Linto, T-Kable.
Electronics - Renew KDSM/1, AK ExaktBox 6, 2 x Tundra Stereo, Bryston 9BSST.
Music Server - Windows 10 PC, Twonky, Kazoo on Ipad 2
Speakers - Linn Killer Keltiks, stupidly thick Linn speaker cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-04, 06:51 (This post was last modified: 2017-12-04 06:52 by timster.)
(2017-12-03 19:16)finster Wrote:  
(2017-11-26 21:47)mackhm Wrote:  I use Lumin on my iPad with my Sonore microRendu in my second system, but don't like it as much as Kazoo.

Perhaps I am the exception, but I like Kazoo more than most of the other control points out there. However, I much prefer the version of Kazoo on my Windows 10 PC to the equivalent on my iPad. For me, the Windows 10 version of Kazoo is pretty near perfect. If you have access to a Windows 10 PC or laptop, then I would give it a try.

Please don't say that! Linn may think it's done and can be put to bed. There is still at least one outstanding problem with it on my Windows 10 tablet - have you tried searching Tidal/Qobuz? More often than not it crashes!

That's strange!

I don't have a subscription to Qobuz, but I do have a subscription to Tidal 'Hi-Fi'. I use the search facility quite a lot, which in my experience rarely, if ever, crashes.

Same here, use tidal and searching via Kazoo has never crashed my IPad-it's an older gen 2 iPad .

I'm talking about the Windows 10 version. And I think it may be only on a tablet using the onscreen keyboard. Either way, iOS is entirely different.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-12-04, 15:41
(2017-12-04 06:51)timster Wrote:  
(2017-12-03 19:16)finster Wrote:  

That's strange!

I'm talking about the Windows 10 version. And I think it may be only on a tablet using the onscreen keyboard. Either way, iOS is entirely different.

Yes, it's the Windows 10 version of Kazoo that I use to control my KDS/1. It never, or at least virtually never crashes. I don't use my iPad to control my KDS/1. My iPad s used to control the Lumin app I use with my Sonore mR/Gustard U12/Chord Hugo on my second system. I much prefer the Windows version of Kazoo to Lumin, but unfortunately Kazoo will not work reliably with the Sonore mR.

Main: Michell Orbe/Tecnoarm/Dynavector DV20X2;Trigon Advance; Linn Klimax DS/1; Lindemann 830S; Lindemann 858; Magnepan 3.6R; TQ UB; Synology DS216+II
AV: Sonore microRendu/Teddy Pardo 7v PS/Gustard U12/Hugo DAC; Krell Showcase Pre/Pwr; Ruark Solstice/Prologue/Dialogue/REL Storm II
2017-12-04, 15:46
+1 for Lumin.
I have found on my iPad that Lumin requires a higher wifi signal strength than Kazoo for some reason. Otherwise sometimes it will not find your streamer. Apart from that it is pretty near perfect, particularly with being able to vary image size, search Qobuz easily, and search individual song titles instantly.

Donuk sunny downtown York
2017-12-04, 16:15
(2017-12-04 15:41)mackhm Wrote:  ...

Yes, it's the Windows 10 version of Kazoo that I use to control my KDS/1. It never, or at least virtually never crashes. I don't use my iPad to control my KDS/1. My iPad s used to control the Lumin app I use with my Sonore mR/Gustard U12/Chord Hugo on my second system. I much prefer the Windows version of Kazoo to Lumin, but unfortunately Kazoo will not work reliably with the Sonore mR.

Do you use the on-screen keyboard on a touch screen? Colin informs me the engineers have fixed it anyway, it's in the latest Beta. So I'm waiting for it to a stable release.

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2017-12-06, 00:43
(2017-12-04 16:15)timster Wrote:  

Do you use the on-screen keyboard on a touch screen? Colin informs me the engineers have fixed it anyway, it's in the latest Beta. So I'm waiting for it to a stable release.

No - I don't have a touch screen on my Windows 10 device, but I would be surprised if that has an impact of stability of the app.

Main: Michell Orbe/Tecnoarm/Dynavector DV20X2;Trigon Advance; Linn Klimax DS/1; Lindemann 830S; Lindemann 858; Magnepan 3.6R; TQ UB; Synology DS216+II
AV: Sonore microRendu/Teddy Pardo 7v PS/Gustard U12/Hugo DAC; Krell Showcase Pre/Pwr; Ruark Solstice/Prologue/Dialogue/REL Storm II
2017-12-06, 06:49
(2017-12-06 00:43)mackhm Wrote:  
(2017-12-04 16:15)timster Wrote:  

No - I don't have a touch screen on my Windows 10 device, but I would be surprised if that has an impact of stability of the app.

Well it does.

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2017-12-06, 08:14
Timster: It doesn't have to be Kazoo, it can easily be a slight incompatibility issue between Java, Windows and the hardware.

Tin can telephone system.
2017-12-06, 09:37
(2017-12-06 08:14)Tin Wrote:  Timster: It doesn't have to be Kazoo, it can easily be a slight incompatibility issue between Java, Windows and the hardware.

I don't know the cause Tin. But Linn have had crash reports and/or verbose logging enough to have found a fix Smile At least I hope it's a fix, it's in the latest Beta, but I am no longer in the Beta because it meant I wasn't getting updates from the Windows Store. But that's another story. I'll have to wait until it's released as stable build to see if it has.

Hello to Jason Isaacs