Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-14, 19:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / A Sublime question

A Sublime question
2017-10-31, 16:43
A Sublime question
Fellow streamers, I'm after a definitive answer on 'Hi-res' streaming through Qobuz Sublime subscription.

I currently pay for Tidal lossless at 16 bit and (as I believe I am right in saying) I cannot play the 'Masters' as they are not Flac files.

With all the ho-har over real Hi -res files and streaming quality watermarks does anyone currently pay the extra for Sublime and do you think its worth it?

LP12, Keel, Urika, Radikal, Ekos, Krystal, KRDSM/2, Bryston4B cube, Briks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-31, 17:03
RE: A Sublime question
Yes I switched this year and love it. I still buy music from them and the savings from the discount pays for the streaming. If you have purchased high res music from them you can stream it and compare it to your stored. Not everything is available in high res despite being for sale in high res. Usually smaller British indie bands. I use more than I thought, especially at the weekend when I go through the new releases. Also I haven't encountered drop outs so far with Quboz but there was an issue over the weekend which someone here suggested was caused by the clock change. If there is an option to try it go for it what is there to lose.

I watch the waves roll in and roll out just the same
2017-10-31, 17:43 (This post was last modified: 2017-10-31 17:43 by shellspeed.)
Thanks Scooter. No trial option hence the question.

2017-10-31, 17:50
(2017-10-31 17:03)Scooter Wrote:  Yes I switched this year and love it. I still buy music from them and the savings from the discount pays for the streaming. If you have purchased high res music from them you can stream it and compare it to your stored. Not everything is available in high res despite being for sale in high res. Usually smaller British indie bands. I use more than I thought, especially at the weekend when I go through the new releases. Also I haven't encountered drop outs so far with Quboz but there was an issue over the weekend which someone here suggested was caused by the clock change. If there is an option to try it go for it what is there to lose.

FYI You can only stream your purchased HiRes albums if you're a Sublime subscriber.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-10-31, 17:52
I have been using it a couple of months now and can recommend it without reservation.
Lucky enough to have a very stable fiber connection so no problems streaming hi-rez while others are watching tv over the same network.

Only problem is the Kazoo interface with it's rudimentary presentation, using Lumin fixes that..

Apple Power Mac G5 Server - Chord - AEDSM - Chord - AExaktbox10 - Linn Silvers - 4200 / 2x 3100 (5100 w 2 channels removed) - K400 / K600 crimped bananas - 242s Solid Stands
- Exaktbox Sub- Linn Silvers - 2x221 Sub
LP12 w Linn stuff & SmokeD LiD
2017-10-31, 17:55
(2017-10-31 17:50)timster Wrote:  
(2017-10-31 17:03)Scooter Wrote:  Yes I switched this year and love it. I still buy music from them and the savings from the discount pays for the streaming. If you have purchased high res music from them you can stream it and compare it to your stored. Not everything is available in high res despite being for sale in high res. Usually smaller British indie bands. I use more than I thought, especially at the weekend when I go through the new releases. Also I haven't encountered drop outs so far with Quboz but there was an issue over the weekend which someone here suggested was caused by the clock change. If there is an option to try it go for it what is there to lose.

FYI You can only stream your purchased HiRes albums if you're a Sublime subscriber.

Good point, missed by myself thanks.

I watch the waves roll in and roll out just the same
2017-11-01, 08:07
Thanks for the info chaps. I may well be cancelling my Tidal subscription

2017-11-01, 18:58
Agree with the above. Sublime is excellent - Sublime Plus is even better - albeit another chunk of cash.
2017-11-01, 21:34 (This post was last modified: 2017-11-01 21:35 by shellspeed.)
Well went all in and cancelled the Tidal and went full monty of Qobuz. I have to say I think the 16 bit stuff is better than Tidal. The 24 bits is superb. No regrets.

Found a few missing albums I had favourited on Tidal but only one that I am fussed about so I’ll get that on either cd or vinyl.

Thanks for the advice

2017-11-01, 22:48
(2017-11-01 21:34)shellspeed Wrote:  Well went all in and cancelled the Tidal and went full monty of Qobuz. I have to say I think the 16 bit stuff is better than Tidal. The 24 bits is superb. No regrets.

Found a few missing albums I had favourited on Tidal but only one that I am fussed about so I’ll get that on either cd or vinyl.

Thanks for the advice

Interesting to hear about the improvement in sound quality. I trialled both Qobuz and Tidal when they were first available and went with Qobuz partly for the selection of available music but more because I kept getting dropouts with Tidal. I'm sure such issues have since been resolved but if Qobuz sounds better than Tidal (I never compared at the time) I'm doubly sure I've made the right choice!

Mick

LP12SE * KDS/3 * KK/1/D * Solos/1/D * Akubarik/P
MDSM/3 * Majik 109