Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-13, 14:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / DSM handset volume control issue

DSM handset volume control issue
2017-11-02, 12:00
DSM handset volume control issue
I have an Akurate DSM and a Majik DSM. Either handset works the same with either DSM. The volume control works as it should on the Majik but with the Akurate, one press of vol + or - changes the volume by one point then the handset freezes until the display on the DSM has completed its redisplay of what is playing. Holding volume + or - keys down indefinitely has no effect on the volume, which is changed by one point until both the display is updated AND the volume key is released. This problem seems to be specific to the Akurate and not to either the handsets or Majik DSM.
I have the latest Kazoo and Konfig updates, and I don't recall having this problem a while back, maybe before an update. Is there a fix for this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-03, 09:50
RE: DSM handset volume control issue
Hi kendalltob,

The auto-repeat on the handset volume control will fail when the batteries need to be replaced. Could you try a new set of batteries?

Jim
2017-11-03, 11:36
(2017-11-03 09:50)Jim Wrote:  The auto-repeat on the handset volume control will fail when the batteries need to be replaced. Could you try a new set of batteries?

The batteries are not he issue.
2017-11-06, 11:38
Hi kendalltob,

Does that post mean you've replaced the batteries and are still encountering the same issue?

Regards,
Gregg
2017-11-16, 16:30
The volume control issue is now fixed, although I am a little nonplussed as to what happened.

I had tried both handhelds (one in each hand) and neither worked with the Akurate. I have just tried again and this time one worked and the other did not. The batteries seemed fine by voltage check so I had thought that they could not be the problem, but I have now changed them anyway and now that handheld works too. So it is all a little strange but everything works and I thank you for your help.
Regards,