Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-13, 13:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Kazoo won't play tracks in order --- sometimes

Kazoo won't play tracks in order --- sometimes
2017-11-14, 21:04
Kazoo won't play tracks in order --- sometimes
I've been unable to get Kazoo to play tracks in the proper order ever since I started using it a few years ago. It plays them in alphabetical order for many albums, but does some in the correct order. I'm hoping there is an easy adjustment to make to fix this, but I haven't been able to find it. I have the same problem with Kinsky.

Because of this, I've used Songbook Lite for most of my listening, but that stopped working when I updated my iPhone software. Did they just drop out of the game? Are there other apps that work well with a mac device?

Thanks ....

Renew DS, Axis TT, KK, 2250, Vienna Acoustics Mahlers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-14, 21:42
RE: Kazoo won't play tracks in order --- sometimes
Just to sort some things out, do the tracks show up in proper order in the playlist in Kazoo or is the order corrupted already from the beginning? Which music server do you use? /HB
2017-11-14, 21:49
(2017-11-14 21:04)Tpy Wrote:  I've been unable to get Kazoo to play tracks in the proper order ever since I started using it a few years ago. It plays them in alphabetical order for many albums, but does some in the correct order. I'm hoping there is an easy adjustment to make to fix this, but I haven't been able to find it. I have the same problem with Kinsky.

Because of this, I've used Songbook Lite for most of my listening, but that stopped working when I updated my iPhone software. Did they just drop out of the game? Are there other apps that work well with a mac device?

Thanks ....

Are you browsing by files and folders, or by your tags?

Mick

LP12SE * KDS/3 * KK/1/D * Solos/1/D * Akubarik/P
MDSM/3 * Majik 109
2017-11-14, 22:18 (This post was last modified: 2017-11-14 22:20 by BB1.)
(2017-11-14 21:42)HansBertil Wrote:  Just to sort some things out, do the tracks show up in proper order in the playlist in Kazoo or is the order corrupted already from the beginning? Which music server do you use? /HB

+1 to both questions

I'd suspect that the albums played in alphabetical order are not correctly tagged, i.e. the track numbers are missing. But that's just a wild guess until both of your questions have been answered.

AEDSM > KEB/1 x 2 > Linn Silvers > A4200/1 x 2 > K200 > MISOs
2017-11-15, 00:38
I'm browsing by files and folders and the files show up in alphabetical order on my iPhone screen in Kazoo. But these same files always showed up in the correct sequence (by track numbers) when I used Songbook Lite. So the tags must be there. I also noticed that music I've downloaded from Qobuz always has this problem but some of the CDs I've uploaded myself do not. But again, everything shows up as should be in Songbook Lite -- which stopped functioning today. I'd just stay with Songbook if I could. Puzzling!

2017-11-15, 07:59
(2017-11-15 00:38)Tpy Wrote:  I'm browsing by files and folders and the files show up in alphabetical order on my iPhone screen in Kazoo. But these same files always showed up in the correct sequence (by track numbers) when I used Songbook Lite. So the tags must be there. I also noticed that music I've downloaded from Qobuz always has this problem but some of the CDs I've uploaded myself do not. But again, everything shows up as should be in Songbook Lite -- which stopped functioning today. I'd just stay with Songbook if I could. Puzzling!

OK, it sounds very much like the tracks have the number tag set correctly, so when using a server like Songbook it will order them by track number. When browsing by folder view however, you are by-passing the server and all it can do is sort by file name.
Long story short - your filenames probably aren't named with the track number prefix. They should be "01 - trackname.flac" for example. I would be willing to bet they are simply named "trackname.flac".

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-11-15, 08:26
I know everyone does their own thing but I think browsing by file and folder misses a lot of the power of letting the server deliver music based on tags.
I think, in the eight or nine years I’ve been using Linn streamers, I’ve only used the files and folders method a couple of times, and much prefer the tag solution.
Of course, your mileage may vary!

Mick

MDSM/3 * Majik 109
2017-11-15, 19:44
Thanks guys. I didn't realize using folders made a difference. I tried going by artist/album and that gives me the correct sequence but not all of the albums I have stored show up in the folders. I have thousands things on my NAS so dealing with the strays manually would be too much. Any other tricks on how to deal with this? Are Kazoo and Kinsky the only choices these days for a control app on an iPhone? That's all that shows up in the App store.

2017-11-15, 20:07
(2017-11-15 19:44)Tpy Wrote:  Thanks guys. I didn't realize using folders made a difference. I tried going by artist/album and that gives me the correct sequence but not all of the albums I have stored show up in the folders. I have thousands things on my NAS so dealing with the strays manually would be too much. Any other tricks on how to deal with this? Are Kazoo and Kinsky the only choices these days for a control app on an iPhone? That's all that shows up in the App store.

Kinsky and Kazoo are only displaying what your music server is sending. The issue will be the music server (Twonky, Assett, Minimserver etc.) Which one do you use?

The favourite music server is Minimserver.

Gary

LP12/Cirkus/Radikal/Kore/Ekos1/Tkable balanced/Uphorik/Krystal/ADSM/1/aktiv Akubariks
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-11-15, 20:08
(2017-11-15 19:44)Tpy Wrote:  Thanks guys. I didn't realize using folders made a difference. I tried going by artist/album and that gives me the correct sequence but not all of the albums I have stored show up in the folders. I have thousands things on my NAS so dealing with the strays manually would be too much. Any other tricks on how to deal with this? Are Kazoo and Kinsky the only choices these days for a control app on an iPhone? That's all that shows up in the App store.

There’s at least one more - Lumin. Lumin doesn’t allow volume control of RS232-connected preamps but otherwise works fine, and it’s free.

Mick

MDSM/3 * Majik 109