Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-13, 14:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Kazoo won't play tracks in order --- sometimes

Kazoo won't play tracks in order --- sometimes
2017-11-15, 20:27 (This post was last modified: 2017-11-15 20:28 by BB1.)
RE: Kazoo won't play tracks in order --- sometimes
(2017-11-15 19:44)Tpy Wrote:  Are Kazoo and Kinsky the only choices these days for a control app on an iPhone? That's all that shows up in the App store.

The Lumin app does work with Linn's streamers, too.

AEDSM > KEB/1 x 2 > Linn Silvers > A4200/1 x 2 > K200 > MISOs
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-15, 21:48
I'm using Twonky. I'm not really a computer guy and had someone set up my network for me, so I'd rather stay with Twonky. Is this a general problem with Twonky, or can it be configured to feed the track numbers to my Renew DS (and Kazoo app). The fact that all was fine with SongBook Lite makes me think that Twonky is able to do this.

Many thanks,
2017-11-15, 23:50 (This post was last modified: 2017-11-15 23:51 by BB1.)
Any decent tagging program should be able to rename all of your tracks stored on the NAS to the format timster already suggested in one simple step.

I'm using Yate on my Macs. All you have to do there is to add all of your tracks to the list of items to be edited and then click on 'File -> Rename -> Track2-Title'. If the former file name does not start with the tagged track number, it will add it. And if the file name differs from the title present in the tags, it will be altered accordingly.

If you've ripped any albums containing two or more disc, I'd suggest renaming all of your tracks to the 'Disc Count - Track - Title' format.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

AEDSM > KEB/1 x 2 > Linn Silvers > A4200/1 x 2 > K200 > MISOs
2017-11-16, 02:58
(2017-11-15 21:48)Tpy Wrote:  I'm using Twonky. I'm not really a computer guy and had someone set up my network for me, so I'd rather stay with Twonky. Is this a general problem with Twonky, or can it be configured to feed the track numbers to my Renew DS (and Kazoo app). The fact that all was fine with SongBook Lite makes me think that Twonky is able to do this.

Many thanks,

There were a number of versions of Twonky that do this depending on how you search, If I recall correctly, if you browse by artist, album, things come up in the correct order.

What nas do you have?

Gary

LP12/Cirkus/Radikal/Kore/Ekos1/Tkable balanced/Uphorik/Krystal/ADSM/1/aktiv Akubariks
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-12-02, 22:42
I'm still having problems with Kazoo and getting album tracks in order. In the past with Songbook Lite, I always used folders, and then went to artist, and that would list all the albums on my Qnap NAS. When Songbook Lite stopped working due to an update on my iPhone software, Kazoo displays songs in alphabetical order rather than track sequence.

I followed the suggestion of switching away from folders, and have been using artist/album for finding music. And this does present the songs in their correct sequence. But for some reason, this only shows a subset of the music I have on my NAS. Would I need to redo the organization on my NAS or something to make this work? I'm stumped as to why it would show some but not all of what's on my NAS. When I use folders in Kazoo, it does show all the music that's on there, but in alphabetical order (which just isn't right for some albums, esp classics like Pet Sounds or Pepper).

I appreciate the idea of using a tagging program to retag my music, but I have well over 5k albums on my NAS and that would be overwhelming.

Given that the track sequence shows up when done in folders, and always showed up in Songbook Lite, it must be in there. I always preferred Songbook Lite over Kinsky because Kinsky usually had the same track sequence problem.

I must be missing something. It seems crazy to design an app like Kinsky that doesn't read the track order or defaults or won't display them in that order. Is there a way around this? Any other apps worth trying -- on a mac system and iPhone?

Many thanks,
Tpy

Renew DS, Axis TT, KK, 2250, Vienna Acoustics Mahlers
2017-12-03, 05:00
It isn't Kinsky or Kazoo that's doing this, it's the music server. With the qnap nas it should be a breeze to install minimserver which will fix the problem.

Go to "All apps" and scroll down to minimserver, it will install itself.

Gary

LP12/Cirkus/Radikal/Kore/Ekos1/Tkable balanced/Uphorik/Krystal/ADSM/1/aktiv Akubariks
2017-12-03, 08:13
It's not the tagging that's the problem, or Kazoo/Kinsky. It's because you are using folder view and the file names are what's used for ordering, not the tag data. If the file names aren't preceded by the track number, you'll see what you see.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2017-12-03, 09:23
I suspect it would be worth doing a rescan of nas

Exakt 5.1
Klimax Exakt 350 Katalyst Melco N1Z anniversary Melodik sub Akurate 225 centre Akurate 4200 Akurate Exactbox 6 Akudorik Exakt Oppo UDP-205
2017-12-03, 18:41 (This post was last modified: 2017-12-03 18:41 by simoncn.)
MinimServer sorts files by track number (if present in the tags) even when you view them using folder view.
2017-12-03, 20:35
Is MinimServer and alternative to Twonky? My dealer (who no longer carries Linn and I wasn't all that connected with) installed my Qnap and Renew. I'm not network savvy and have been mucking around trying to find Twonky on my computer. I think it might be an online control point rather than what is on my computer. I vaguely recall it that way and am not having any luck rescanning as of yet (get message saying Qnap is not detecting a server on my computer. Could it be on the Qnap NAS?

Renew DS, Axis TT, KK, 2250, Vienna Acoustics Mahlers