Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-13, 13:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Kazoo won't play tracks in order --- sometimes

Kazoo won't play tracks in order --- sometimes
2017-12-04, 00:38
RE: Kazoo won't play tracks in order --- sometimes
Twonky will be running on the NAS. As other have said, all the problems you have described are issues with the server, and not with any other control point. The advice to install MinimServer is good. You will find detailed installation instructions for the QNAP on the minimserver.com website, but it should be straightforward in any case. Once you have MinimServer running, it will be easier for us to help you, because more people here use MinimServer than Twonky these days.

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-04, 06:50
(2017-12-03 20:35)Tpy Wrote:  Is MinimServer and alternative to Twonky? My dealer (who no longer carries Linn and I wasn't all that connected with) installed my Qnap and Renew. I'm not network savvy and have been mucking around trying to find Twonky on my computer. I think it might be an online control point rather than what is on my computer. I vaguely recall it that way and am not having any luck rescanning as of yet (get message saying Qnap is not detecting a server on my computer. Could it be on the Qnap NAS?

As Simon says that Minimserver sorts by tagged track number even in folder view (I did not know that but it is yet again an excellent thing to do that no other servers I know of does!), I would suggest using it instead of Twonky. You should be able to find the package install in your QNAP's App Centre under Partners or Entertainment as well as the minimserver website that DavidHB has mentioned. It may be an easier method.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-12-04, 08:33
I've been reading various instructions found online for installing minim and I'm finding it all rather intimidating. I'm less proficient with this network stuff than even I realized. I had mine set up be a dealer who is no longer around. I can't even figure out how to access anything that is on my Qnap NAS except the many music files. When I look in the folder on the NAS labelled "servers" nothing is there. I'm wondering if my Twonky server was wiped out for some reason. I've used it in the past to view photos and videos on my TV, and now the video menu on the TV shows several NAS-twonkys, but doesn't show the Twonky icon (circle with blue) that it did before, and I can't access photos or videos that way. I can still access most of my music through Kazoo though. Could this be why I'm only able to see some of the album flies that I have stored on my NAS when I use the artist/album selection rather than folders?

Given my obvious lack of knowledge about this, I'm wondering if I should get hire a network person to help me figure this out. Or is it easier than it appears and something that I can get myself? Reading the instructions I've found online for this stuff is like reading a foreign language to me.

Suggestions?

Renew DS, Axis TT, KK, 2250, Vienna Acoustics Mahlers
2017-12-04, 09:47
How do you see what's on your QNAP? Do you use the web browser interface?
Someone here may be able to help you out if there are close by. Where are you based Tpy?

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2017-12-04, 14:50
The first step is to install "Qfinder" on your computer, it will find the Qnap on the network and give you access to it. If you're not sure about a possible username and password, try the default "admin" and "admin" Hopefully whoever set it up didn't change that.

If you're successful at logging in, go to "All Apps" scroll down to Minimserver and hit the "Add to Qts" It will install itself and Java. After that is done, the only thing to do is to direct it to your music library.

Gary

LP12/Cirkus/Radikal/Kore/Ekos1/Tkable balanced/Uphorik/Krystal/ADSM/1/aktiv Akubariks
2017-12-04, 18:47
Qfinder isn't able to find my NAS, though it still plays the music stored on it through my system. I had Finder 1.1.1 installed on it and it couldn't find the NAS, so I installed the latest version of Qfinder Pro, and it can't find it either. It won't allow me to login (as I vaguely recall, Admin, Admin were used for login bak when when I last used this). I'm pretty sure I accessed it view the internet on my browser, which always seemed not quite right to me.

I went to preferences and found that the "action on double click" was set to "web browser," so I changed that to "macfinder" and it still doesn't find the NAS. I'm listening to music streamed through it as I write, so it must be functioning.

It feels like I'm making progress in getting to the bottom of this. If I understand bettermusic's advice, if I can access my NAS installing minim should be fairly easy. I installed minim on my mac last night but that didn't do anything, do doubt due to not accessing the NAS.

I'm in the US in Colorado Springs. We used to have a Linn dealer in town but now the nearest one is 250 miles away. Many thanks for your help

2017-12-05, 08:13
You do access the NAS through a web browser, so that is actually correct. When QFinder finds it, it gives you the IP address, and when you click it, it opens its login page on the web browser. I would change it back to open web browser.
When you say QFinder doesn't find your NAS, do you mean there are none listed, or that you can't login when you click it?

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2017-12-05, 16:01
Question, how is your network setup? Is everything on the same network? Is the router also your wireless point?

Tell us how your renew and Qnap are connected.

Sorry for this, without reading back 3 pages have you done a proper shut down and re-boot of the Qnap?

Gary

LP12/Cirkus/Radikal/Kore/Ekos1/Tkable balanced/Uphorik/Krystal/ADSM/1/aktiv Akubariks
2017-12-05, 17:42
Qfinder doesn't show a NAS listed and when I click the login spot nothing happens. I'll set it back to web access, which is how it was set before. And as I recall, when I did access the NAS 5 or 6 years ago, it was through their website.

Everything is connected to the same network and the router is indeed my wireless port. I'm using an Apple Time Machine. The Qnap is connected to the router by ethernet cable and the router is connected to the renew by ethernet cable as well. I've shut down and rebooted the Qnap, router, and renew several times.

The problems started when I upgraded the software on my iphone. The new software doesn't work with Songbook Lite, which I've been using in the past because Kazoo and Kinsky didn't play tracks in propoer order. Songbook Lite had an option that showed up on the iphone to play in either track or alphabetical order. That makes me think that the track order information is on the files in the NAS somewhere. But as I understand it, there must be something else that needs to be done to the files so that Kazoo will recognize the track orders. I also noticed that I'm now unable to stream photos to my TV through Twonky -- and Twonky appears as a list of "video options" on my TV in several variations, but not the one I used in the past, that had the red and blue Twonky icon.

I wish I could tell you more about how the network is set up, but I don't understand them -- though this process is slowly increasing my understanding.

Many thanks,

2017-12-05, 18:00
Without being able to access the NAS through it's web interface, I think anything you try to do will literally be clutching at straws in the dark.
Another way you could find it is by trying somehow to determine it's IP address. If you can access the router, there should be a way of looking at the devices it has connected and maybe you will see the NAS and hence it's IP address. The QNAP's web interface is:
http://<ip address>:8080/cgi-bin/
Type that in your web browser and you should get the login screen. Or you could go through all the devices one by one to find it by trial and error. It will only work as long as the address doesn't change, so you should reserve it in the router too.

Hello to Jason Isaacs