Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-16, 06:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Kazoo volume control

Kazoo volume control
2017-11-19, 13:52
Kazoo volume control
Apologies if I haven't registered this before and its well known to all but today I discovered if I tap the Kazoo volume control on my ipad screen whens its activated it mutes the volume. Just thought there might be others out there that didn't know this happens.

Linn Majik DS, Inneos 1 TB CD ripper, LP12, Ittok, Lingo3, Circus, Tranquility, Denon 309 MC, Lehman black signature phono, Exotik pre amp, x6 LK100 power amps, Kudos Tuner, Keltic Aktiv speakers, Ikea rack, Cadenzas on phono, Cadenzas and Linn silvers connect the 6 amps, Chord Odyssey II cables.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-19, 14:25 (This post was last modified: 2017-11-19 14:29 by mickc.)
RE: Kazoo volume control
(2017-11-19 13:52)Wiltshireman Wrote:  Apologies if I haven't registered this before and its well known to all but today I discovered if I tap the Kazoo volume control on my ipad screen whens its activated it mutes the volume. Just thought there might be others out there that didn't know this happens.

I use that on occasion. Strangely, though, when I mute, the volume number stays the same but dims. However, when I tap again to unmute, the number immediately drops to zero then quickly runs back through the numbers again to the original volume. I would have expect the volume to read zero when muted.

Mick

EDIT: I tell a lie - I think it used to do that - now it simply dims on mute and brightens on unmute.

LP12SE * KDS/3 * KK/1/D * Solos/1/D * Akubarik/P
MDSM/3 * Majik 109
2017-11-20, 18:56
RE: Kazoo volume control
(2017-11-19 14:25)mickc Wrote:  
(2017-11-19 13:52)Wiltshireman Wrote:  Apologies if I haven't registered this before and its well known to all but today I discovered if I tap the Kazoo volume control on my ipad screen whens its activated it mutes the volume. Just thought there might be others out there that didn't know this happens.

I use that on occasion. Strangely, though, when I mute, the volume number stays the same but dims. However, when I tap again to unmute, the number immediately drops to zero then quickly runs back through the numbers again to the original volume. I would have expect the volume to read zero when muted.

Mick

EDIT: I tell a lie - I think it used to do that - now it simply dims on mute and brightens on unmute.

Hi Mick Nope that doesn't happen here, it still reads whatever it was set at and stays that way, it just mutes but the control does dim. A really useful thing to find for me anyway, have already used it several times.

Linn Majik DS, Inneos 1 TB CD ripper, LP12, Ittok, Lingo3, Circus, Tranquility, Denon 309 MC, Lehman black signature phono, Exotik pre amp, x6 LK100 power amps, Kudos Tuner, Keltic Aktiv speakers, Ikea rack, Cadenzas on phono, Cadenzas and Linn silvers connect the 6 amps, Chord Odyssey II cables.