Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-14, 21:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Kazoo - wished / desired new features.....

Kazoo - wished / desired new features.....
2017-11-19, 14:37
Kazoo - wished / desired new features.....
Hi,

I am using my MAJIK DSM quite often and after a while (coming from NAD Masters and Sonos ) I get used to the Kazoo app.

All in all it is not that bad as some people claim however there is still room for improvement.

I would wish there is a function to find the latest added FLAC files resp. the latest ripped CDs on the NAS.

Let me explain. I am still buying CDs regularly. This said I get the CD packed on my NAS however sometimes I have to browse to my CD Covers ( in the box ) manually to remember which album did I bought within the last months or so.

Coming from NAD and Sonos there is such a function. I would appreciate if Linn could implement this function into Kazoo.

Any idea how to get them doing so?! :-)

Regards,
Ferris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-19, 15:04
RE: Kazoo - wished / desired new features.....
If you are able to use Asset for server software, there's an option there to view the most recent 25 or so albums. I use that often.

Mick

LP12SE * KDS/3 * KK/1/D * Solos/1/D * Akubarik/P
MDSM/3 * Majik 109
2017-11-19, 15:29
Lumin provides this functionality. It’s been requested many times and server side Simon from Minimserver is working on it. Hopefully soon Wink

http://www.last.fm/user/mcgillroy

MDSM/2 - 6100/D - active Kabers - Nubert 441w sub + Qobuz Sublime.
2017-11-19, 15:57
As others have sort of said, such functionality is usually on the server side. Lumin is slightly odd in that it does it's own indexing. But it's very slow in my experience.
Depending on what NAS you have, either try Asset or the NAS's own server.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-11-20, 09:52
+1

(2017-11-19 14:37)Ferris Wrote:  Hi,

I am using my MAJIK DSM quite often and after a while (coming from NAD Masters and Sonos ) I get used to the Kazoo app.

All in all it is not that bad as some people claim however there is still room for improvement.

I would wish there is a function to find the latest added FLAC files resp. the latest ripped CDs on the NAS.

Let me explain. I am still buying CDs regularly. This said I get the CD packed on my NAS however sometimes I have to browse to my CD Covers ( in the box ) manually to remember which album did I bought within the last months or so.

Coming from NAD and Sonos there is such a function. I would appreciate if Linn could implement this function into Kazoo.

Any idea how to get them doing so?! :-)

Regards,
Ferris
2017-11-20, 11:15
Wink RE: Kazoo - wished / desired new features.....
Actually I am running "minim server" on my DS216+II and it works pretty good.
As this seems to be a server topic I doubt a mail to the Linn support will help :-)

So we have to wait until Simon will implement this feature which is requested by at least 2 Linn fanatics. .... me an +1

BTW. I would expect that Linn would come up with an own server software anyway. The supply their DS resp. DSM to the market not having their own product there. I guess they have tons of RFQs and support mails regarding their products and many different servers which are around.

Regards,
Andreas
2017-11-20, 11:30
(2017-11-20 11:15)Ferris Wrote:  Actually I am running "minim server" on my DS216+II and it works pretty good.
As this seems to be a server topic I doubt a mail to the Linn support will help :-)

So we have to wait until Simon will implement this feature which is requested by at least 2 Linn fanatics. .... me an +1

BTW. I would expect that Linn would come up with an own server software anyway. The supply their DS resp. DSM to the market not having their own product there. I guess they have tons of RFQs and support mails regarding their products and many different servers which are around.

Regards,
Andreas

Linn only support QNAP for Kazoo Server. Just one of those things.
Until Simon implements it, you can always use Synology's Media Server for new additions.

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2017-11-21, 14:25
Hello timster,

if I got your right there is no need to install a music server like the minim on the Syno-NAS. How can I use the Synology's Media Server instead of the minim one? Just de install and everything should work fine? Does the Synology's Media support the “latest album version” as requested?

Appreciate your help.
Ferris
2017-11-21, 14:38
(2017-11-21 14:25)Ferris Wrote:  Hello timster,

if I got your right there is no need to install a music server like the minim on the Syno-NAS. How can I use the Synology's Media Server instead of the minim one? Just de install and everything should work fine? Does the Synology's Media support the “latest album version” as requested?

Appreciate your help.
Ferris

You can run both MinimServer and Synology Media Server (SMS) at the same time, not a problem. SMS isn't as good, not even close, but it does at least have a Recently Added index - so I would use both if I were you, Minim for normal use, and SMS only for new stuff.

You need to have SMS running, open it, and then in its General Settings, have a custom DMA Menu Style - select Customize, then under Music, hit Create, name it New Albums, select the Type as Recently Added, then you can change the time frame (number of days within which it lists albums as new).

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2017-11-21, 15:04
Appreciate your help.
Will test it asap.

Regards,
Ferris