Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-16, 06:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Spotify plays DS remotely?

Spotify plays DS remotely?
2017-11-22, 19:52
Spotify plays DS remotely?
Today I noticed that my Spotfy web version I use at work told me I am playing through my Akurate DSM. That is 35 km from my office. And when mentioning this at home our 17-year old daughter said she has sometimes heard music in the living room when home alone. This is a little spooky and I will at least switch off my power amps from now on.

Linn LP12
Akurate DSM
Akurate Exaktbox
AV2250
2xAV5125
Akurate 242

Sennheiser headphone amp & HD800
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-23, 11:13
RE: Spotify plays DS remotely?
Hi per a,

This is a "feature" of Spotify over which we have no control.

When you select the DS as a Spotify receiver, your DS becomes associated with your Spotify account. The result of this is that, rather than your DS just being seen by Spotify when you're connected to your local network at home, your DS is available wherever you are logged into Spotify.

I've found the only way to avoid the phantom listening sessions (without powering down hardware) is to try to remember to deselect my DS in the Spotify app before I start listening elsewhere.

Regards,
Gregg
2017-11-23, 19:17 (This post was last modified: 2017-11-23 19:21 by per a.)
RE: Spotify plays DS remotely?
No problem at all

I am actually happy with Spotify at the moment and I have ended the Tidal subscription. My family all use S and it find it very good now.

Linn LP12
Akurate DSM
Akurate Exaktbox
AV2250
2xAV5125
Akurate 242

Sennheiser headphone amp & HD800