Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-14, 20:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / How to refresh my music library?

How to refresh my music library?
2017-11-29, 17:00
How to refresh my music library?
I'm sure I've seen it but it nowhere now!

Where/how do I refresh the library in Kazoo and/or Lumin?
Since a few days ago I've started to add new cd's to my library but till now I can't find them.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-29, 17:15
RE: How to refresh my music library?
What music server are you using? If it has a web configuration page, it should be under devices in Konfig, and then a rescan.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-11-29, 18:23
And for Lumin you also have to trigger that to do a rescan as it builds its own "database" if I recall correctly ...

Regards, Louis.

Living-room: Technics SU-R1 - Linn Klimax Kontrol/1 Dynamik - Nord One SE UP NC500MB - Canton Karat Reference 6.2 DC (Denon AH-D7100)
Home-office: Linn Klimax Renew DS/0 Dynamik - ADAM Audio A5X
2017-11-29, 22:05
I use Mininserver.
I found it.
Surprised this is not working automaticly.
2017-11-29, 23:34
(2017-11-29 22:05)R-Know Wrote:  I use Mininserver.
I found it.

It's been on Simon's to-do list for some time. I suspect that, with the large number of platforms he is supporting, it's quite a lot of work. It may also be that, in solving one problem, it creates others.

By default, MinimServer rescans on startup. I have my NASs set to switch off for a few hours each night, so I get the rescan at each restart.

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
2017-11-30, 06:40 (This post was last modified: 2017-11-30 06:41 by Antonmb.)
Depending on what NAS or computer you’re running Minimserver, you may be able to set up a simple schedule to restart Minimserver daily. My Synology, for example, has a scheduler that I’ve configured to stop and restart Minimserver every night.

1) Sonus Faber Amati Futura; Klimax Katalyst DSM; D’Agostino Momentum S250; Rega RP10 w/Aphelion & Linn Uphorik; Shunyata Denali, ICs, SCs & PCs
2) Luxman SQ-N100, PSB Imagine Mini, AR XA (refurbished), Klimax DSM Renew, Shunyata PS8, Nordost ICs & PCs, Acoustic Zen Secs
2017-11-30, 07:37
(2017-11-30 06:40)Antonmb Wrote:  Depending on what NAS or computer you’re running Minimserver, you may be able to set up a simple schedule to restart Minimserver daily. My Synology, for example, has a scheduler that I’ve configured to stop and restart Minimserver every night.

Also on Synology there is an auto-rescan tool that someone wrote:
http://forum.minimserver.com/showthread.php?tid=426

It's not as complicated as it looks, if you follow the instructions it works. Unfortunately it isn't available for the QNAP version so I am having to manually rescan whenever I add anything. I do hope Simon is on the case.

But as I also have Asset which is automatic, Anton (or anyone) - do you know how to schedule a restart of Minim on a QNAP? I don;t see any task scheduler tools.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2017-11-30, 11:21 (This post was last modified: 2017-11-30 12:26 by JensA.)
(2017-11-29 22:05)R-Know Wrote:  I use Mininserver.
I found it.

I am also using Minimserver and following convenient rescan solution:

A rescan after adding new songs (e.g. by cd ripping) is very easy if you install MinimWatch (download: http://minimserver.com/downloads/index.html ) which is available for Mac, Linux and Windows:

A small Minimwatch icon will appear in the menu bar of your PC or Mac and with two mouse clicks you can start a rescan of Minimserver. (The icon which is usually transparant will remain yellow for the time of the rescan which however on my system (despite abt 75000 songs) just takes a couple of seconds).

Jens
2017-11-30, 12:56 (This post was last modified: 2017-11-30 12:57 by R-Know.)
Wow!
You all guy's do know a lot.

I use a synology so I can scedual it to restart every night. Sounds good enough to me.

Thanks again.
Arno
2017-11-30, 14:08
Another option is that once you are on the page with the rescan button, simply bookmark it in your browser, then just click the bookmark, then the rescan button.

Gary

LP12/Cirkus/Radikal/Kore/Ekos1/Tkable balanced/Uphorik/Krystal/ADSM/1/aktiv Akubariks