Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-08-17, 02:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / What happened to Spotify HiFi ??

What happened to Spotify HiFi ??
2017-12-24, 20:48
RE: What happened to Spotify HiFi ??
(2017-12-24 17:41)Thombo30 Wrote:  I spoke to a friend at Spotify (who must remain nameless). Its not happening any time soon, if ever. They've got loads on the roadmap and this isn't a priority for them. Sorry.

For a music streaming company not to have quality on the roadmap is absolutely off the charts. This is the sort of corporate behavior that leads to certain eventual decline.

Thombo I suggest you send this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1rXqD6M614 to your friend at Spotify.

KDSM/2+K320A+K345A, KDSM/R+C3200+Akudorik/p, [LP12, Akito 2/B, Klyde+Lingo 2, Linto (not currently in use)]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-24, 21:44
(2017-12-24 20:48)dol Wrote:  
(2017-12-24 17:41)Thombo30 Wrote:  I spoke to a friend at Spotify (who must remain nameless). Its not happening any time soon, if ever. They've got loads on the roadmap and this isn't a priority for them. Sorry.

For a music streaming company not to have quality on the roadmap is absolutely off the charts. This is the sort of corporate behavior that leads to certain eventual decline.

Thombo I suggest you send this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1rXqD6M614 to your friend at Spotify.

Frickin' A ! - You need to talk to your friend Thombo Cool

KDSM Mk3>Ebox10>Mixed bag of Linn Amps>242Mk2, Solo/D>225, Rears: 2200D > 109s, M&K MX350 Sub (Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Oppo 105, Anthem D2v)
2nd setup - Sneaky, Elderly Majiki, 109s, M&K VX7 Sub
2017-12-24, 22:38
(2017-12-24 18:47)Sound Hound Wrote:  This is a great pity. Tell your friend that it is a priority for quite a few folks - myself included - who are sticking with Spotify, hoping for HiRes. Also tell him, no-one asked me if I'd pay more for HiRes (which I would). I'd like to see this question asked occasionally when I use Spotify (which I do frequently). If they don't have many folks "put a tick in the box" then of course they've made the right decision to continue supplying a good, rather than a great product, but I would like to be asked rather than told which it will be.

Hi. We've bickered about it quite a bit, and I never miss an opportunity to point out that a lot of people feel let down. However, it seems there just enough people who care. In my view, it weakens their claim to love music.
2017-12-24, 22:50 (This post was last modified: 2017-12-24 22:54 by Sound Hound.)
(2017-12-24 22:38)Thombo30 Wrote:  Hi. We've bickered about it quite a bit, and I never miss an opportunity to point out that a lot of people feel let down. However, it seems there just enough people who care. In my view, it weakens their claim to love music.

I'm sure I'll not be the only one to agree with you Thombo, but alas, it seems the majority, who don't know better, may (most likely) win Sad

KDSM Mk3>Ebox10>Mixed bag of Linn Amps>242Mk2, Solo/D>225, Rears: 2200D > 109s, M&K MX350 Sub (Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Oppo 105, Anthem D2v)
2nd setup - Sneaky, Elderly Majiki, 109s, M&K VX7 Sub
2017-12-25, 14:30 (This post was last modified: 2017-12-25 14:33 by Catweazle.)
(2017-12-24 22:50)Sound Hound Wrote:  
(2017-12-24 22:38)Thombo30 Wrote:  Hi. We've bickered about it quite a bit, and I never miss an opportunity to point out that a lot of people feel let down. However, it seems there just enough people who care. In my view, it weakens their claim to love music.

I'm sure I'll not be the only one to agree with you Thombo, but alas, it seems the majority, who don't know better, may (most likely) win Sad

That's exactly why Spotify et. al. don't appeal to yours truly. While streaming services remain deaf towards SQ I feel buying music (even CD's) a better investment, than subscribing to a service.

I'm only 'streaming' Radio Paradise now and then. They care about SQ within the limits of internet radio. And yes, I pay them tribute by occasional donations!

Merry Christmas, and Happy Listening,
CW
2017-12-27, 20:38
Ach, I've been hearing about the demise of Tidal for years....I have that Quobuz and Spotify..because between the 3 of them, not a lot you can't get.