Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-06-19, 23:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / Hercules II

Hercules II
2017-12-27, 10:17
Hercules II
Good morning,
I'm Marco from Italy,
it's the first time in the Linn sondek word.
I appeal to this group of experts and enthusiasts to remove a doubt.

I recently bought used, a beautiful Linn sondek Lp12, with Kore, Trampolin and power supply Hercules II, the problem is precisely the Hercules: I have to connect the ground wire or not? Where should I connect it? if it connects the earth the ground wire of the arm where I connect it?
Does the Trampolin ground wire connect it with the ground wire?

Thank you so much for your advice and good music to everyone,
Marco, very confused
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-27, 10:23
RE: Hercules II
(2017-12-27 10:17)momos Wrote:  Good morning,
I'm Marco from Italy,

I recently bought used, a beautiful Linn sondek Lp12, with Kore, Trampolin and power supply Hercules II, the problem is precisely the Hercules: I have to connect the ground wire or not? Where should I connect it? if it connects the earth the ground wire of the arm where I connect it?

Marco, very confused

Hi, you do not need to connect the AC ground to the Hercules II board. Only connect the AC mains ground to the chassis for safety purpose. Be careful when you adjust the springs, make sure you have disconnected the AC mains before doing anything inside your LP12. Enjoy your music!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-12-27, 10:49
(2017-12-27 10:23)Edmund Wrote:  
I'm Marco from Italy,

Marco, very confused

Hi, you do not need to connect the AC ground to the Hercules II board. Only connect the AC mains ground to the chassis for safety purpose. Be careful when you adjust the springs, make sure you have disconnected the AC mains before doing anything inside your LP12. Enjoy your music!

Than you very much for your support, I try now
2017-12-27, 11:15
(2017-12-27 10:49)momos Wrote:  
I'm Marco from Italy,

Marco, very confused

hello I connected the ground wire to the frame of Linn, but there is a lot of electrostatic current, so much so that, after listening to the disc, the original mate remains attached to the disk, solutions?
2017-12-27, 11:54
(2017-12-27 11:15)momos Wrote:  
I'm Marco from Italy,

Marco, very confused

hello I connected the ground wire to the frame of Linn, but there is a lot of electrostatic current, so much so that, after listening to the disc, the original mate remains attached to the disk, solutions?

another question: Kore is drilled for old Rega, but seems ready to be drilled for new Rega, according to you is it possible? Attach a photo, thanks

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

2017-12-27, 13:47
I'm Marco from Italy,

Marco, very confused

I think your Linn LP12 frame has already been grounded to the phono amp or pre-amp. this is most important.
2017-12-27, 13:54
(2017-12-27 11:54)momos Wrote:  
I'm Marco from Italy,

Marco, very confused

another question: Kore is drilled for old Rega, but seems ready to be drilled for new Rega, according to you is it possible? Attach a photo, thanks

I see all new Rega arm board 3 holes are drilled through. You need to make sure your Rega tonearm fit very tight to the arm board.