Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-06-17, 23:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / Mind Boggling!

Mind Boggling!
2017-12-27, 23:03 (This post was last modified: 2017-12-27 23:06 by Wiltshireman.)
Mind Boggling!
This is on sale on the dreaded flea bay as a record cleaning brush, thought I had seen everything but obviously not!

The ad states : Kleen-e-ze Vintage Vinyl Record Cleaning Brush .

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Majik DS, Inneos CD ripper, Simon Price Oak LP12, Black Ittok, Lingo3, Circus, Tranquility, Dynavector 20X2L, Lehman black signature phono, Exotik pre amp, x4 LK100 power amps, Keltic Aktiv speakers, Ikea rack, Cadenzas on phono, Cadenzas and Linn silvers connect the 6 amps, Chord Odyssey II.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-28, 00:32
RE: Mind Boggling!
(2017-12-27 23:03)Wiltshireman Wrote:  This is on sale on the dreaded flea bay as a record cleaning brush, thought I had seen everything but obviously not!

Déjà vue, all over again?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pikste...m3W6I-HIM:

Home: Akurate DSM, LK140 x 3, Aktiv Keilidh x 2, Paradigm Servo-15, Pioneer PDP-LX6090.
Somewhere in Southern Europe: Majik DSM, Oppo BDP-95, EB Acoustics EB1 x 2 and a telly.
2017-12-28, 09:33 (This post was last modified: 2017-12-28 09:37 by smokestack.)
Is that supposed to work better than my alcohol impregnated Brillo pads ?

[And while we're on the subject ....I'm currently modifying an old wire record rack to fit in my dish washer. I'll let you know how it works out ]
2017-12-29, 18:32
Smokestack, you know damn well nothing is better than an impregnated Brillo pad! But the modification to you dishwasher just begs the question of will they be cleaner than perhaps if done on my Okki Nokki? I wait in anticipation of the results. lol

Majik DS, Inneos CD ripper, Simon Price Oak LP12, Black Ittok, Lingo3, Circus, Tranquility, Dynavector 20X2L, Lehman black signature phono, Exotik pre amp, x4 LK100 power amps, Keltic Aktiv speakers, Ikea rack, Cadenzas on phono, Cadenzas and Linn silvers connect the 6 amps, Chord Odyssey II.
2017-12-29, 23:30
The brillo pads are only for really tough smudges. Otherwise I just line them up in the racks of my Bosch dishwasher and use a gel detergent (more gentle than the powder ones).Wink

LP12SE Movingui • KRadikal • Kandid • Urika • Kremlin • LS-NAS • KRDS • Lejonklou Sagatun Monos & Tundra Mono 2As • JBL 3677s & 4645C Sub • NOKTable • Harmoni Mimer/Tor Racks
AV: Pioneer BDP51 BluRay • Akurate Kontrol • 2 LK280 SPARK • 4 Isobarik DMS • 2 DQ1W

www.nokturneaudio.com

Fine-tuning LP12s since 1978!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-12-30, 03:35
I use a Sonicare brush for my vinyl, with the turbonator attachment.

It provides a deep cleaning action that can’t be beat. A little bit of abrasive-free sand and grit and no more record grooves, so no place for dust and grime to collect anymore. It makes future cleaning that much easier!!! Tongue

When that is finished, my Sonicare does double duty as my toothbrush.

Easy peasy.

Exakt Surround 5.0:
Katalyst Akubariks, AEDSM, AkuKat Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrounds, OPPO 203 on StillPoints, Cat8
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Denali, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
2018-01-02, 14:39
I find a wireless Dremmel gets rid of the really stubborn stains, particularly with the number of different attachments you get get
2018-01-02, 15:00
I find a wireless Dremmel gets rid of the really stubborn stains, particularly with the number of different attachments you get get
2018-01-02, 15:55
(2017-12-27 23:03)Wiltshireman Wrote:  This is on sale on the dreaded flea bay as a record cleaning brush, thought I had seen everything but obviously not!

It’s for deep cleaning your ears so that you’ll pick up all the subtleties of vinyl.

It’s about the music, not the gear. Just listen - or not.
2018-01-04, 00:33
(2018-01-02 15:00)diggy Wrote:  I find a wireless Dremmel gets rid of the really stubborn stains, particularly with the number of different attachments you get get

I repeat myself when I'm distressed
I repeat

LP12SE Movingui • KRadikal • Kandid • Urika • Kremlin • LS-NAS • KRDS • Lejonklou Sagatun Monos & Tundra Mono 2As • JBL 3677s & 4645C Sub • NOKTable • Harmoni Mimer/Tor Racks
AV: Pioneer BDP51 BluRay • Akurate Kontrol • 2 LK280 SPARK • 4 Isobarik DMS • 2 DQ1W

www.nokturneaudio.com

Fine-tuning LP12s since 1978!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user