Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-06-21, 03:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / electrostatic current help me

electrostatic current help me
2017-12-30, 11:09
electrostatic current help me
Hello,
helps me to solve the problem of electrostatic current at the end the mat remains glued to the disk, with many electrostatic discharges when the detachment.
Linn + Kore + trampolin with ground wire connected to electrical system and ground wire of the arm connected with ampli...
Thanks, Marco
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-30, 12:43
RE: electrostatic current help me
(2017-12-30 11:09)momos Wrote:  Hello,
helps me to solve the problem of electrostatic current at the end the mat remains glued to the disk, with many electrostatic discharges when the detachment.
Linn + Kore + trampolin with ground wire connected to electrical system and ground wire of the arm connected with ampli...
Thanks, Marco

If you can stretch to it a wet record cleaning machine will solve this problem. The Okki Nokki was a good investment for me.
2017-12-31, 00:30
I usually fix my mat to the platter with three (or four) penny-sized pieces of double sided adhesive tape. Not the thick one with foam core of course.
This keeps the mat from coming off with the record.

Not really sure about how to avoid the static charge in the first place – except washing the LPs with a good RCM (a recommendation which I second).
Increasing the air humidity in your listening room will reduce static buildup – and possibly even improve your well-being. In winter, the air in heated buildings tends to become extremely dry.
2017-12-31, 10:33 (This post was last modified: 2017-12-31 10:36 by momos.)
(2017-12-31 00:30)hifi_guy Wrote:  I usually fix my mat to the platter with three (or four) penny-sized pieces of double sided adhesive tape. Not the thick one with foam core of course.

Not really sure about how to avoid the static charge in the first place – except washing the LPs with a good RCM (a recommendation which I second).
Increasing the air humidity in your listening room will reduce static buildup – and possibly even improve your well-being. In winter, the air in heated buildings tends to become extremely dry.

Thank you very much for your support, try

(2017-12-31 00:30)hifi_guy Wrote:  I usually fix my mat to the platter with three (or four) penny-sized pieces of double sided adhesive tape. Not the thick one with foam core of course.

Thank you very much for your support, i try
2017-12-31, 12:29
Or try using "Nagaoka antistatic record sleeves" and a 'Zerostat 3", works for meSmile

KDSM3>QED Ref XLR40>Aktive Akubariks>AQ carbon>Innuous Zen11
LP12/Ekos/Dynavector XX2/Lingo/Cirkus/Kore/Rega Airia
Kitchen-MDSM3/PMC DB1
Bedroom-MDSM1/Monitor audio 50s
2018-01-01, 10:47
I used to have this but a good RCM like the Okki Nokki does completely cure this plus the use of Anti-static sleeves

I found it particularly worse on the new heavyweight vinyl

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

2018-01-01, 21:27
Okki Nokki sorts static 100% !

Majik DS, Inneos CD ripper, Simon Price Oak LP12, Black Ittok, Lingo3, Circus, Tranquility, Dynavector 20X2L, Lehman black signature phono, Exotik pre amp, x4 LK100 power amps, Keltic Aktiv speakers, Ikea rack, Cadenzas on phono, Cadenzas and Linn silvers connect the 6 amps, Chord Odyssey II.
2018-01-02, 22:47 (This post was last modified: 2018-01-02 22:48 by Andy.)
(2018-01-01 10:47)diggy Wrote:  I used to have this but a good RCM like the Okki Nokki does completely cure this plus the use of Anti-static sleeves

Agreed! Smile

But I find it incredible that in 2018, there are still folk who don't use a wet/vac RCM - or an ultrasonic tank - and so suffer from static. Sad

Andy
2018-01-03, 11:49
(2018-01-02 22:47)Andy Wrote:  
(2018-01-01 10:47)diggy Wrote:  I used to have this but a good RCM like the Okki Nokki does completely cure this plus the use of Anti-static sleeves

Agreed! Smile

But I find it incredible that in 2018, there are still folk who don't use a wet/vac RCM - or an ultrasonic tank - and so suffer from static. Sad

Andy

thanks to everyone for the suggestions, with other turntables (Thorens Td 125) never had problems of electrostatic current.
2018-01-03, 19:36
(2017-12-31 12:29)Dave W Wrote:  Or try using "Nagaoka antistatic record sleeves" and a 'Zerostat 3", works for meSmile
+1 on the static sleeves! Best solution to permanently eliminating static. The mat will stop sticking to the records, the records will stop attracting dirt.

Gary

LP12/Cirkus/Radikal/Kore/Ekos1/Tkable balanced/Uphorik/Krystal/ADSM/1/aktiv Akubariks
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user