Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-01-17, 10:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / Sound louder for a few seconds...

Sound louder for a few seconds...
2018-01-01, 19:44 (This post was last modified: 2018-01-01 19:50 by monpoulet.)
Sound louder for a few seconds...
Hello Linners,

Happy new year!
I have an issue and as I am a newbie I ask to the experts you are:
I have a strange effect: on a new records(Oscar Peterson TRio on the Lost Records from Devialet), I heard on 2 different tracks for the first play and the first time, the sound super more loud than the regular level. It's like the amplifier was sleeping and for any reason awake louder and then return back to sleep.
Here are my questions:
- does this phenomena demonstrate the end of my used Ortofon Bronze cartridge I bought to a French crook ?
- does this phenomena comes from a default of the record ?
- does this phenomena comes from my brand new Rotel Amplifier ?

Any ideas to help me ?

Marc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-01-02, 00:17
RE: Sound louder for a few seconds...
If the phenomenon only occurs with this LP then it is clearly due to the LP. I'm not familiar with the LP so cannot comment further.

If the same phenomenon occurs on other LPs then it could be cartridge, amplifier, cables, or speakers.

If this happens using other sources, such as CD, then it must be the amplifier or another component downstream, cables or speakers.

I would check all cables are securely connected and try different LPs and sources if available to gain further evidence and report back to the forum for further advice.

Regards,

Neil

LP12/Cirkus/Radikal/Ittok LVII/Adikt + 72/HiCap/250 + NAC A5 + SBLs + Moth RCM
2018-01-02, 01:46 (This post was last modified: 2018-01-02 01:46 by Peer Gynt.)
RE: Sound louder for a few seconds...
If it’s isolated to a particular track on a particular album, it’s the album.

LP12, Woodsong Woburn Abbey Oak Plinth, Tramp2, Cirkus, Keel, Radikal, Ekos SE/1, Lyra Delos, Uphorik, Krell KSP-7B, biamped Krell KSA-150s, ML Theos, ML 210 sub.
LP12, Greeves plinth, Cirkus, Kore, Mober Maxxon, Ittok LVII mk2, Ortofon MC-3 Turbo, CJ PV8 SE phono, CJ ET3 SE, CJ MF2550 SE, Thiel CS2.