Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-01-17, 10:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / Preventing an Ekos SE from going shiny

Preventing an Ekos SE from going shiny
2018-01-10, 10:38
Preventing an Ekos SE from going shiny
I had until recently been concerned about wrecking the finish on my Ekos SE by repeatedly placing it back in the arm-tube holder.

I had got into the habit of leaving it unsecured when not in use.

However, the other day I opened a packet of "no more nails" sticky pads. Covering them was a piece of clear cellophane about 6cm square.

I now wrap that around the arm tube in a U shape before placing the arm in the holder. I feel happier with the arm tube secure.

I guess a small square of paper would work too, but would likely be more obvious visually.

Maybe I should make some and sell them as Linn-skin or Kladding!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Regardless, it's an inelegant workaround for an issue that Linn ought to have addressed years ago either by making the finish more durable, or the arm-rest less abrasive!

KR

J
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-01-10, 10:59
RE: Preventing an Ekos SE from going shiny
I don’t think paper would help, it’s surprisingly abrasive.

‘troll
2018-01-10, 11:08
(2018-01-10 10:38)JDEC Wrote:  I had until recently been concerned about wrecking the finish on my Ekos SE by repeatedly placing it back in the arm-tube holder.

I had got into the habit of leaving it unsecured when not in use.

However, the other day I opened a packet of "no more nails" sticky pads. Covering them was a piece of clear cellophane about 6cm square.

I now wrap that around the arm tube in a U shape before placing the arm in the holder. I feel happier with the arm tube secure.

I guess a small square of paper would work too, but would likely be more obvious visually.

Maybe I should make some and sell them as Linn-skin or Kladding!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Regardless, it's an inelegant workaround for an issue that Linn ought to have addressed years ago either by making the finish more durable, or the arm-rest less abrasive!

KR

J

I would reccomend to bent carefully the plastic Armrest a bit more open.
Then the Tube goes with less friction in the Armrest.
Kind Regards Alex
2018-01-10, 11:46
(2018-01-10 11:08)alexhd Wrote:  I would reccomend to bent carefully the plastic Armrest a bit more open.

I started to do this once I noticed a slight discolouration, although I rarely bother and just leave it resting on the side of the armrest. There's no passing traffic to worry about though, such as kids or pets.
2018-01-10, 11:48
(2018-01-10 11:08)alexhd Wrote:  I would reccomend to bent carefully the plastic Armrest a bit more open.
Kind Regards Alex

Not sure I'm ready to bend anything that resides on £4,000 worth of tone-arm! :0
2018-01-10, 11:50
I'd say leave it alone .
2018-01-10, 12:08
Put up with it & enjoy the music. At least it's confined to one spot/band. I'm anal about things like that so I have sympathy!
2018-01-10, 12:47
(2018-01-10 11:48)JDEC Wrote:  
Kind Regards Alex

Not sure I'm ready to bend anything that resides on £4,000 worth of tone-arm! :0

I just bend the holder up very slightly with one hand as I move the arm into resting place with the other hand. I then do the same when moving the arm back out again.

I've never bent the holder in such a way as to try and make any permanent change. It works fine - give it a go.