Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-06-23, 07:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Problem with a radio on TuneIn

Problem with a radio on TuneIn
2018-01-14, 14:42
Question Problem with a radio on TuneIn
Hello,

I can listen this radio with a web browser on my computer but not with my Majik-DSi : https://tunein.com/radio/OI-FM-Classic-Rock-s67948/

Others radio works but not the three OÜI FM radio with TuneIn on my Majik-DSi.

Is there a special character problem with Davaar system ? Or another problem ?
I run actually the last one : Davaar 60 Build 193 (4.60.193) Released on 14 Dec 2017.

Thanks for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-01-14, 17:42
RE: Problem with a radio on TuneIn
Looks like its blocked here in the UK. What part of the world are you? As its a French station, it might only play in France. unless the audio stream is not compatible with Linn?
2018-01-15, 09:34
I installed a vpn on the iPad , and the station now plays thru the tunein app.
Still not through Kazoo though

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the party.
And bring your favourite album with !
2018-01-15, 10:15
(2018-01-15 09:34)Ant_C Wrote:  I installed a vpn on the iPad , and the station now plays thru the tunein app.

However, Kazoo is only controlling to DS, which isn't using the VPN.

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
♫ ♫ Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-01-15, 10:21
(2018-01-15 10:15)timster Wrote:  
(2018-01-15 09:34)Ant_C Wrote:  I installed a vpn on the iPad , and the station now plays thru the tunein app.

However, Kazoo is only controlling to DS, which isn't using the VPN.
True, but I then stream to the DS, so a work around for the OP

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the party.
And bring your favourite album with !
2018-01-15, 11:31 (This post was last modified: 2018-01-15 11:31 by Macallan.)
The only thing you really need to listen to a radio stream is its internet address (not the radio homeopage, but the audio stream's address). For OÜi this would be http://stream.ouifm.fr/ouifm-hd.mp3 . This plays all right on my computer here in Germany (although with dropouts).

Now unfortunately Linn make us go the complicated way via TuneIn to add radio stations to the "Radio" input, so we are dependent on TuneIn offerings, technical limitations, commercial interest etc. And recently (at least whan I looked last time) TuneIn did not even allow to add custom stream URLs any more. [Sorry for the negative tone but I've had a rant over this toipic before ;-) -- don't take it too serious]

There is another way: add the stream's address to a .m3u playlist file in your music directory. Most music server recognize this and then you can select this stream via the Playlist source just like stored music files.

AEDSM, Akurate Exaktbox, 2*A4200/D, C2200/D, Akubariks
Majik DS-I, Katans
2018-01-15, 13:59
(2018-01-15 11:31)Macallan Wrote:  Now unfortunately Linn make us go the complicated way via TuneIn to add radio stations to the "Radio" input, so we are dependent on TuneIn offerings, technical limitations, commercial interest etc. And recently (at least whan I looked last time) TuneIn did not even allow to add custom stream URLs any more. [Sorry for the negative tone but I've had a rant over this toipic before ;-) -- don't take it too serious]

You can still add custom urls from phone app - see https://help.tunein.com/customer/en/port...-i-add-it-
2018-01-15, 15:00
^ Yes, but you need a fruit or robot device. Can't be done on a PC. I don't see why they can't just add it back to the website.

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2018-01-15, 15:22
(2018-01-14 14:42)dominique Wrote:  Hello,

I can listen this radio with a web browser on my computer but not with my Majik-DSi : https://tunein.com/radio/OI-FM-Classic-Rock-s67948/

Others radio works but not the three OÜI FM radio with TuneIn on my Majik-DSi.

Is there a special character problem with Davaar system ? Or another problem ?
I run actually the last one : Davaar 60 Build 193 (4.60.193) Released on 14 Dec 2017.

Thanks for your help.

OÜI Classic Rock plays for me using our latest development code. There may have been a temporary problem with that family of stations which is now cured. Alternatively, we could have fixed a problem as part of ongoing development, meaning that a Davaar 61 release will include the fix.
2018-01-15, 17:41
(2018-01-15 11:31)Macallan Wrote:  The only thing you really need to listen to a radio stream is its internet address (not the radio homeopage, but the audio stream's address). For OÜi this would be http://stream.ouifm.fr/ouifm-hd.mp3 . This plays all right on my computer here in Germany (although with dropouts).

Now unfortunately Linn make us go the complicated way via TuneIn to add radio stations to the "Radio" input, so we are dependent on TuneIn offerings, technical limitations, commercial interest etc. And recently (at least whan I looked last time) TuneIn did not even allow to add custom stream URLs any more. [Sorry for the negative tone but I've had a rant over this toipic before ;-) -- don't take it too serious]

There is another way: add the stream's address to a .m3u playlist file in your music directory. Most music server recognize this and then you can select this stream via the Playlist source just like stored music files.

FYI I got this from TuneIn today:
Quote:Thank you for contacting us. I’m sorry for the inconveniences. As you’ve noticed. the Custom URL feature is no longer supported in our website and it still isn’t for our Windows 10 app. Don’t worry, I will pass your feedback on to our developers for consideration for a future update. Perhaps they can add this feature (again). The ideas and opinions of our users are very important to us.

Seeing as the Custom URL is available on the iOS and Android apps, there isn't much of an excuse for it not to be on the Windows app or website.
We'll see!

Hello to Jason Isaacs