Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-06-18, 06:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / Birthday bash at Loud and Clear

Birthday bash at Loud and Clear
2018-03-11, 01:33
Birthday bash at Loud and Clear
Just spent most of today's daylight at Loud and Clear listening to,in no particular order, Tangerine Audio's new Eklipse isolation platform, lingo 4 and Audio Origami's Uniarm.
Derek Jenkins gave his product a good showing in both single and multiple applications.
I preferred it in single form but others, I know, will prefer otherwise.
Such is the beauty of our vice.
John Nielsen was on hand to assist,and while this is not the first time I have listened to the Uniarm, I am beguiled by its ability to make such good music, especially given the competitive nature of its price.
Something tells me this may not be the last time such a meeting occurs.
As to the Lingo 4. Mine is scheduled to be fitted later this month.
Decision time approximately 2 seconds.
It is that good.
Hear it at your peril.
It has all it's meant to have in spades and as for the size, bigger isn't always necessarily better!!!
Many thanks to the guys at L & C for setting up the day,their humour and their unique talent for painlessly picking our pockets.
Cheers

LP12 Stiletto/Plateau,LV11 J7 rewired,Denon 20xl.Bonnec Timpano, Moon Neo 330 and Proac D20Rs. All held together with bits of Chord.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-03-12, 09:43
RE: Birthday bash at Loud and Clear
yea was a great demo from both rooms !!

really enjoyed the bash and was great to have Derek up to help on hand

Check out my Facebook page
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-03-12, 20:20
A great day at Loud & Clear Glasgow by all accounts. My Lingo 4 was delivered to me today!

Regards,

Mark
2018-03-18, 16:19
(2018-03-11 01:33)andygeaglesham Wrote:  Just spent most of today's daylight at Loud and Clear listening to,in no particular order, Tangerine Audio's new Eklipse isolation platform, lingo 4 and Audio Origami's Uniarm.
Derek Jenkins gave his product a good showing in both single and multiple applications.
I preferred it in single form but others, I know, will prefer otherwise.
Such is the beauty of our vice.
John Nielsen was on hand to assist,and while this is not the first time I have listened to the Uniarm, I am beguiled by its ability to make such good music, especially given the competitive nature of its price.
Something tells me this may not be the last time such a meeting occurs.
As to the Lingo 4. Mine is scheduled to be fitted later this month.
Decision time approximately 2 seconds.
It is that good.
Hear it at your peril.
It has all it's meant to have in spades and as for the size, bigger isn't always necessarily better!!!
Many thanks to the guys at L & C for setting up the day,their humour and their unique talent for painlessly picking our pockets.
Cheers

I also made the long journey down to Loud and Clear for the demo day and was very impressed with the Lingo 4, that impressed I also purchased one there and then. The track we were listening to had not even finished but I had made the decision to purchase. It just sounded amazing over the Lingo 3
the difference wasn't subtle but very obvious, the power supply is so neat too. I now have my Lingo 4/Sondek back along in my system and enjoying listening to music, it was worth every penny and so well worth the journey.
A huge thanks to the gang down at Loud and Clear for their hospitality it was a great day.
2018-03-18, 17:02
I was there also.
L3 is very good but L4 is a different league. As others have said the improvement was noticed immediately and I’m sure that quality listening time would reveal all the other detail and musicality.

OK it’s around £1.5 grand but in Linn terms it’s a bargain.

Jonny’s Uniarm is a class act.

The Eklipse mounting platform was also demoed before and after. A remarkable improvement.

This was one of those rare occasions where the dems showed black and white improvements.

The folk at L&C and Tangerine did a good job got to say.

Klimax LP12 (Cirkus, Tranquility, Radikal D, Keel, Urika, Khan top plate, Ekos SE, Kandid). Klimax Renew DS. KK D, Solos D. 242 mk 2 with upgraded stands. Project RCM
2018-03-18, 21:01
Ian,
I am assuming that the Eklipse platform was demo'd with a Stiletto deck? Could you describe the engineering behind this platform and if any words were shared about using this platform with "standard" plinths? Thanks in advance..
ATB,
Mark

Source 1: Cymbiosis Sondek- CH Fluted Ebony plinth,Karmen,Aro w/ Skale, Linn Kandid,Urika, TP Tranquility, Chord Music IC, Vulkan shelf
Source2: Cymbiosis Sondek- CH Macassar Ebony plinth,Khan,Aro w/ Skale,DV Xv1-s,Whest Titan Pro, TP Tranquility, Chord Music IC, Vulkan shelf.
2018-03-21, 12:08
thats one for mark from tangerine to let us know

Check out my Facebook page
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-03-21, 22:25
(2018-03-21 12:08)Audio Origami Wrote:  thats one for mark from tangerine to let us know

Agreed, Mark would be the best source for info...I just thought someone may have brought up the question at the event? Seems like a logical adaptation of the Eklipse as there are many more "standard" plinths in the world when compared to Stilletto's.
ATB,
Mark

Source 1: Cymbiosis Sondek- CH Fluted Ebony plinth,Karmen,Aro w/ Skale, Linn Kandid,Urika, TP Tranquility, Chord Music IC, Vulkan shelf
Source2: Cymbiosis Sondek- CH Macassar Ebony plinth,Khan,Aro w/ Skale,DV Xv1-s,Whest Titan Pro, TP Tranquility, Chord Music IC, Vulkan shelf.
2018-03-22, 01:11 (This post was last modified: 2018-03-22 01:16 by andygeaglesham.)
(2018-03-21 22:25)varyat Wrote:  
(2018-03-21 12:08)Audio Origami Wrote:  thats one for mark from tangerine to let us know

Agreed, Mark would be the best source for info...I just thought someone may have brought up the question at the event? Seems like a logical adaptation of the Eklipse as there are many more "standard" plinths in the world when compared to Stilletto's.
ATB,
Mark

(2018-03-22 01:11)andygeaglesham Wrote:  
(2018-03-21 22:25)varyat Wrote:  

ATB,
Mark
My understanding is that the Eklipse is,at the moment, only compatible with a Skorpion capable of carrying a Urika as the lands are aligned to suit. The Mark 1, no pun, is not compatible.
Open to be proven wrong, but just my impression.
Ta!!

LP12 Stiletto/Plateau,LV11 J7 rewired,Denon 20xl.Bonnec Timpano, Moon Neo 330 and Proac D20Rs. All held together with bits of Chord.