Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-07-20, 15:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / Watson's RCM - any experiences out there?

Watson's RCM - any experiences out there?
2018-03-30, 18:02 (This post was last modified: 2018-03-30 18:03 by Catweazle.)
Watson's RCM - any experiences out there?
Hi guys,

a viable RCM is still on my shopping list. I was sort of locking in on the Gläss, until my dealer told me that his Gläss came just back from service with a 450€ invoice. That's almost the price of a Watson's, to me a never heard of RCM that he took into his portfolio, recently. At a first glance it looks quite sturdy, and the German distributor is TAD Audio, which is adding to its credibility.

Is here anyone using the Watson's who could share real life experiences?

Cheers, CW
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-03-31, 21:16
RE: Watson's RCM - any experiences out there?
I haven't played around with one personally but this unit is being sold in the US as the Music Hall WCS-3, an update to the WCS-2. The difference, as far as I can tell, is an added control for the amount of suction. It has been available for a few years here from Music Hall, a company started by Roy Hall, a friend and associate of Ivor, which has distributed Creek, Epos and Goldring and markets their own lines of turntables and electronics. I saw the RCM at a show where Roy unapologetically described at as loud but effective. I think the model stands for Washes, Cleans, Sucks! You should be able to find a number of reviews for it under those model numbers.

LP12SE Movingui • KRadikal • Kandid • Urika • Kremlin • LS-NAS • KRDS • Lejonklou Sagatun Monos & Tundra Mono 2As • JBL 3677s & 4645C Sub • NOKTable • Harmoni Mimer/Tor Racks
AV: Pioneer BDP51 BluRay • Akurate Kontrol • 2 LK280 SPARK • 4 Isobarik DMS • 2 DQ1W

www.nokturneaudio.com

Fine-tuning LP12s since 1978!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-04-02, 14:21
ThxThomasOK, that's very helpful information.
Anyone here from the US using the WCS-3?
2018-04-02, 19:27
Cavitation without a Dentist Appointment
There's an interesting video featuring the #1 US turntable guru - Michael Fremer. He has assembled a group of hardware parts and has built a "cavitation" record cleaning system. Cavitation uses just pure water which is carbonated. The bubbles somehow clean the record. A system can be cobbled together for about $700. The state of the art machine is over $4000.

One of his options can clean 12 records at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAIpIh2Dq24

Perfect for the English eccentric!

Best,

John Hirsch
2018-04-02, 19:53
(2018-04-02 19:27)John Hirsch Wrote:  There's an interesting video featuring the #1 US turntable guru - Michael Fremer. He has assembled a group of hardware parts and has built a "cavitation" record cleaning system. Cavitation uses just pure water which is carbonated. The bubbles somehow clean the record. A system can be cobbled together for about $700 ... Perfect for the English eccentric!

Not really. A true English eccentric (person, that is, not LP pressing) would just use a soda syphon ... Smile

David

Main system: [LP12* > Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10/1 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks.
*LP12: 1987 fluted plinth; Cirkus; Lingo 4; Trampolin; Kore; Basik Plus arm; K5 cartridge, Paratrace stylus.

Second system: Kiko.
2018-04-03, 11:49
(2018-04-02 19:53)DavidHB Wrote:  A true English eccentric (person, that is, not LP pressing) would just use a soda syphon ... Smile

David

Brilliant!!
2018-04-03, 15:25 (This post was last modified: 2018-04-03 15:26 by Ian Wilkinson.)
(2018-04-03 11:49)Willie Eckerslyke Wrote:  
(2018-04-02 19:53)DavidHB Wrote:  A true English eccentric (person, that is, not LP pressing) would just use a soda syphon ... Smile

David

Brilliant!!

Plus Monacle naturally old chap

Klimax LP12 (Cirkus, Tranquility, Radikal D, Keel, Urika, Khan top plate, Ekos SE, Kandid). Klimax Renew DS. KK D, Solos D. 242 mk 2 with upgraded stands. Project RCM
2018-04-04, 11:55 (This post was last modified: 2018-04-04 11:56 by smokestack.)
This will now sow a seed for someone to invent a "Record Jet Washer" Big Grin
2018-04-04, 12:24 (This post was last modified: 2018-04-04 12:26 by DavidHB.)
(2018-04-03 15:25)Ian Wilkinson Wrote:  Plus Monocle naturally old chap.

Perhaps. But these days the "true English eccentric" is more Grayson Perry or Stephen Fry than Bertie Wooster (though I grant that SF can do a great BW send-up when he puts his mind to it). It is interesting to think, however, what Grayson Perry could do with cavitation ...

David

Main system: [LP12* > Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10/1 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks.
*LP12: 1987 fluted plinth; Cirkus; Lingo 4; Trampolin; Kore; Basik Plus arm; K5 cartridge, Paratrace stylus.

Second system: Kiko.