Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-07-20, 15:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / Novel solution to fitting big cartridges

Novel solution to fitting big cartridges
2018-04-01, 07:45 (This post was last modified: 2018-04-01 07:45 by JDEC.)
Novel solution to fitting big cartridges
Hi,

a friend of mine is a DJ and while I was watching him "perform" it occurred to me that when "Scratching" the record went under the pickup in the wrong direction.

That was few weeks ago. Well this morning I have a few hours to kill to I removed my Ekos SE unbolted the Dynavector that was close to having it's pins shorted out and mounted it back on the arm with pins facing forward. Installation of extra long wires and connection was a doddle.

Back on the deck with alignment checked and re-checked it was time for some music.

What a revelation! More of everything. (I did swap the left and right over by the way). And a soundstage that appears to go half way up our street in both directions!!

Amazing.

If you get time this morning you should try it! I'll maybe try and post some pics later - but it doesn't look pretty!

KR

J
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-04-01, 08:53
RE: Novel solution to fitting big cartridges
Morning J many thanks for your advice
I don’t have a DV Anymore but they were awkward to fit in an Se head shell
I now use a Krystal in S/E1 and it’s no problem
I have tried your idea out and I don’t even need extension flying leads so again even easier to fit Big Grin
What a great forum you always learn something new
The album Understanding by Looflirpa sounds incredible more detail.and definitely more slam I love it Cool
Cheers
Tony
2018-04-01, 09:12
Is the arm pillar long enough to get the SRA correct?? CoolTongueTongue
2018-04-01, 09:47
It’s a date !!!!

:-)

The Source is in 'da groove !!
2018-04-01, 18:37
Thank you for allowing me to express a certain childishness without taking me to task over it.

On a more serious note, given the international nature of this forum; I'm intrigued to know if April Fools Day is peculiarly British?

KR

J
2018-04-01, 18:39
It lives on in the colonies. Big GrinTongue
2018-04-02, 14:00 (This post was last modified: 2018-04-02 14:01 by HansBertil.)
(2018-04-01 18:37)JDEC Wrote:  ...
On a more serious note, given the international nature of this forum; I'm intrigued to know if April Fools Day is peculiarly British?

No, it’s more spread than that. However, the media at least in Sweden now has been more reluctant to deliver “fake news” by a reason. Sad I found it quite amusing.

/HB