Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-04-27, 01:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / which armboard for syrinx PU3

which armboard for syrinx PU3
2018-04-11, 21:08
which armboard for syrinx PU3
hi there,

I just acquired a syrinx PU3 arm to replace my PU2. I plan on getting a new armboard since the current one is an early brown bottom, and the hole size is different for the arms anyway. Would any of the predrilled armboards be correct for the PU3 or am I into getting a blank one and measuring and drilling myself?

thanks.

Also, the finger list has a bit of play in it on my new (used) arm. Does anyone know if it's threaded or just pressure fit? Any advise on locking it in place? was thinking a carefully applied from of crazy glue might even help, but I don't want to screw anything up. please advise.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-04-11, 22:13
RE: which armboard for syrinx PU3
(2018-04-11 21:08)Jeffrey_1978 Wrote:  hi there,

I just acquired a syrinx PU3 arm to replace my PU2. I plan on getting a new armboard since the current one is an early brown bottom, and the hole size is different for the arms anyway. Would any of the predrilled armboards be correct for the PU3 or am I into getting a blank one and measuring and drilling myself?

thanks.

Also, the finger list has a bit of play in it on my new (used) arm. Does anyone know if it's threaded or just pressure fit? Any advise on locking it in place? was thinking a carefully applied from of crazy glue might even help, but I don't want to screw anything up. please advise.

Just e mail J7 at Audio Origami. He will sort you out on any advice on Syrinx PU arms.

Ian

Klimax LP12 (Cirkus, Tranquility, Radikal D, Keel, Urika, Khan top plate, Ekos SE, Kandid). Klimax Renew DS. KK D, Solos D. 242 mk 2 with upgraded stands. Project RCM
2018-04-11, 23:48
ok thanks Ian.
2018-04-12, 19:00
(2018-04-11 21:08)Jeffrey_1978 Wrote:  hi there,

thanks.

PU3 arm geometry is the same as with Linn arms. So generally you can use a Linn armboard. Hovewer as the PU3 uses a single threaded arm post the additional screw holes around the main collar on pre-drilled Linn armboards will be seen. The best solution is getting a blank armboard and drilling a single 30 mm hole.

http://twogoodears.blogspot.de/2016/01/syrinx.html