Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-07-17, 00:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / Radikal/Dynamik with non Urika/non Linn phono stage

Radikal/Dynamik with non Urika/non Linn phono stage
2018-04-15, 16:19
Radikal/Dynamik with non Urika/non Linn phono stage
Any of you guys have the Radikal power supply with a non Linn phono Pre amp? If so, can you please post which one and your thoughts about the combo? Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-04-15, 17:03
RE: Radikal/Dynamik with non Urika/non Linn phono stage
You should get some responses here but, if not, there will be some Lejonklou phono owners, running Linn Adikt cartridge, on that forum. Alternatively, plenty of Naim Stageline owners on their forum.

There is no dependancy to run Linn phono with Radikal.
2018-04-15, 20:57
I am going to probably get some push back here, but IF you really want to hear what your cartridge can do..and have a system that is resolving enough; then using a Urika is a non-starter, IMO. Radikal D is the power supply only, and as charlie1 stated above, there is no dependency to run Linn phono with Radikal...otherwise I personally would NOT have upgraded to Radikal D. See my system info below as to my phono stage.

Linn LP12 Radikal D Cirkus/Kore, Tramp 2, Well Tempered 'Black' arm with custom VDH cabling, Benz Ruby 2, Nordost Tyr Phono and IC's, CAT Sig with custom top plate and rolled in NOS 12AU7 Siemens, Jeff Rowland model 8T with choke and rib plate, Nordost Frey 2 sc,, Grand Prix audio Monaco stands with Apex feet, Sonus Faber Guarneri Hommage. Jadis JA 30 mk 2 with KT150’s, Shakti Hallographs and Real Traps Mondo and Mini Traps Two (2) REL T 5 subs.Art Audio power cables.
2018-04-16, 00:34
(2018-04-15 20:57)DaveyF Wrote:  I am going to probably get some push back here, but IF you really want to hear what your cartridge can do..and have a system that is resolving enough; then using a Urika is a non-starter, IMO. Radikal D is the power supply only, and as charlie1 stated above, there is no dependency to run Linn phono with Radikal...otherwise I personally would NOT have upgraded to Radikal D. See my system info below as to my phono stage.

Linn LP12 Radikal D Cirkus/Kore, Tramp 2, Well Tempered 'Black' arm with custom VDH cabling, Benz Ruby 2, Nordost Tyr Phono and IC's, CAT Sig with custom top plate and rolled in NOS 12AU7 Siemens, Jeff Rowland model 8T with choke and rib plate, Nordost Frey 2 sc,, Grand Prix audio Monaco stands with Apex feet, Sonus Faber Guarneri Hommage. Jadis JA 30 mk 2 with KT150’s, Shakti Hallographs and Real Traps Mondo and Mini Traps Two (2) REL T 5 subs.Art Audio power cables.

DaveyF
That would be the CAT Sig for the Phono stage? Is that the CAT SL1 Signature? Your using Benz Ruby 2 as the cart.
2018-04-16, 01:03
I built two nearly identical decks - one runs a Urika the other does not. I wanted the flexibility to try other phono stages and "tinker" if you will...
I tried about 3-4 different stages and it took a Whest Titan Pro to knock off the Urika , imo. The combination of Urika and Kandid is a compelling listen.
Currently I am running a Tron Convergence Signature version on my Non-Urika deck with a DV Xv1-s. An entirely different sound signature but I am enjoying it quite a bit Smile
ATB,
Mark

Source 1: Cymbiosis Sondek- CH Fluted Ebony plinth,Karmen,Aro w/ Skale, Linn Kandid,Urika, TP Tranquility, Chord Music IC, Vulkan shelf
Source2: Cymbiosis Sondek- CH Macassar Ebony plinth,Khan,Aro w/ Skale,DV Xv1-s,Whest Titan Pro, TP Tranquility, Chord Music IC, Vulkan shelf.
2018-04-16, 02:38 (This post was last modified: 2018-04-16 02:38 by DaveyF.)
(2018-04-16 00:34)SpinIt Wrote:  
(2018-04-15 20:57)DaveyF Wrote:  I am going to probably get some push back here, but IF you really want to hear what your cartridge can do..and have a system that is resolving enough; then using a Urika is a non-starter, IMO. Radikal D is the power supply only, and as charlie1 stated above, there is no dependency to run Linn phono with Radikal...otherwise I personally would NOT have upgraded to Radikal D. See my system info below as to my phono stage.

DaveyF
That would be the CAT Sig for the Phono stage? Is that the CAT SL1 Signature? Your using Benz Ruby 2 as the cart.

Yes, that's correct. Cartridge is getting a little past it, so I am going be looking to replace it soon.