Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-08-15, 23:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / Fitting the Trampolin 2 - set up question

Fitting the Trampolin 2 - set up question
2018-05-04, 23:51
Fitting the Trampolin 2 - set up question
Hi

what Is the preferred way to close down the trampolin after you finish to work on the deck - when the deck is upside down on the jig or when it is upside?
I did it twice when the deck is upside down (make more sense...) but it fills that this last turning upside down after it all set up perfectly take the suspension a little bit out (I’m using the updated all metal nuts on the suspension bolts and not nyloc).
Thanks for you help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-05-05, 17:46
RE: Fitting the Trampolin 2 - set up question
Never turn the deck upside down once you have aligned the grommets etc. & set up the suspension. Fit the Tramp from beneath while in the jig or whatever you use.
2018-05-05, 21:50
^^ +1

Fluted black LP12/Kore/Cirkus/Lingo1/majik solid base/Ekos1/ESCO Troika, Mogami T-Kable, Naim 72K/HiCap/180, NACA5, Neat Mystiques2
2018-05-05, 22:13 (This post was last modified: 2018-05-05 22:15 by Shahar.)
(2018-05-05 17:46)Glyn Ruck Wrote:  Never turn the deck upside down once you have aligned the grommets etc. & set up the suspension. Fit the Tramp from beneath while in the jig or whatever you use.

Thanks. Realize that today. I use a jig. It was much much better that way but still the few meters from my working area affected the prefect alignment I got, but it is close to be perfect I say 95% now and play amazing. I’m not going to open it again...

Wish Peter didn’t end his set up post before the closing part Cool
2018-05-05, 22:23
(2018-05-05 22:13)Shahar Wrote:  
(2018-05-05 17:46)Glyn Ruck Wrote:  Never turn the deck upside down once you have aligned the grommets etc. & set up the suspension. Fit the Tramp from beneath while in the jig or whatever you use.

Thanks. Realize that today. I use a jig. It was much much better that way but still the few meters from my working area affected the prefect alignment I got, but it is close to be perfect I say 95% now and play amazing. I’m not going to open it again...

Really? I drive mine 150 miles from my dealer and the setup doesn’t change at all.

‘troll
2018-05-06, 01:06
(2018-05-05 22:23)moomintroll Wrote:  
(2018-05-05 22:13)Shahar Wrote:  

Really? I drive mine 150 miles from my dealer and the setup doesn’t change at all.

‘troll

I don’t think mine would hold a driving but anyway there is no dealer is Israel to drive to. 2018 and the Giro D’Italia passed down my apartment today in Tel Aviv but Linn delear is still something to dream about. Interesting it get when you think about the fact that Linn founder is a former Israeli.
Anyway the deck settled down now after few hours and it can’t be better then that.
It is very magical turntable and bettered my Rega P9 from the first note it played.
When I find time I’ll post the building story and pictures.
2018-05-06, 10:03
Linn founder is a former Israeli ??

He was born in Glasgow.

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the party.
And bring your favourite album with !
2018-05-06, 10:07 (This post was last modified: 2018-05-06 10:09 by moomintroll.)
(2018-05-06 10:03)Ant_C Wrote:  Linn founder is a former Israeli ??

He was born in Glasgow.

And his father was born in Poland...

They are Jewish, is that what you mean?

‘troll

(And now we’re off topic...)
2018-05-06, 10:27
(2018-05-06 10:07)moomintroll Wrote:  
(2018-05-06 10:03)Ant_C Wrote:  Linn founder is a former Israeli ??

He was born in Glasgow.

And his father was born in Poland...

They are Jewish, is that what you mean?

‘troll

(And now we’re off topic...)

To get back, I am about to fit a trampoline 2 to a second deck, one corner screw hole missing from the plinth, is it necessary to have all 8 screws ? Do I need go searching for my dremil ?

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the party.
And bring your favourite album with !
2018-05-06, 10:27
Ivor Tiefenbrun was Jewish and born in Scotland. In the beginning of the 1970 He moved to Israel and did ‘Alia’ (the process based on the immigration law in Israel which Jewish can come to Israel and become Israeli citizens).
Gilad Tiefenbrun was actually born in Israel during that periods and the family went back to Glasgo becaoyse of Ivor Father illness. We can all thank god he staid in there i guess so if he was still here Linn wouldn’t exist and his skills were used in some other fields.