Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-05-21, 21:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / LP12 - Journeys end or is there more left?

LP12 - Journeys end or is there more left?
2018-05-05, 10:51 (This post was last modified: 2018-05-05 15:06 by Red Rooster.)
LP12 - Journeys end or is there more left?
Hi all,

Took delivery of my full Klimax LP12 yesterday. Hope to post later some photos (when I work out how to) and some musical observations when I've fully assessed.

Recent development was when I attended the Lingo 4 Urika ll event at the Rearsby boys camp. Took my wife along as ever and attended with an open mind. I already had a lovely Black Ash LP12 with Keel, Urika, Radikal, ARO and DVXX2 Mkll plus sKale and Tranquilty, so I wasn't exactly in a "bad place" lol.

Well, what a great day. Suffice to say I was happy to purchase a Urika ll to replace my existing one. Having the latest spec Klimax DS also made it a relatively easy decision.

Next thing my wife is looking at the gorgeous Linn limited edition fluted Oak plinth and said " now I like that!". Phil and myself looked at each other knowingly. My wife is a super music analyst. No hi-fi bull. If she like something, it's out there.

Well we've also got a Walnut one on the gig chipped in Peter. Viewing ensued and "I like that even better" was the view. I thought I was in the pound seats but it got better.

My wife then said "well you've always regretted not getting a top cartridge since you went for a Karma rather than a Troika all those years ago. Why don't you get a Kandid as well!"

I was just registering this in my slower brain cells when "and while your at it, you may as well get a whole new deck including an Ekos Se, after all it is your **th birthday soon!"

Wowser! Deal was done. Old LP12 with my ARO went in to Peter (with a tear in my eye since I'd had the wand since 1989 and it had been a constant in my changing systems).

Forward two weeks, had to pop into Rearsby for a temporary router as mine had gone faulty and Phil offered to lend me one. "While your here said Phil, your deck is resting over there, awaiting further tweaking from Peter"

OMG. Jaw droopingly beautiful doesn't do it justice. Love at first sight!

Yesterday Phil delivered the "lady", yes she is a girl.

Initial sounds are mighty fine and will post in a few days when the "awe" has waned a bit.

TTFN

Very Happy Rooster.Big Grin

Klimax LP12 with Tranquility/Klimax DS/ Klimax Kontrol/ Klimax Solos/ Kudos C30's
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-05-05, 12:00
RE: LP12 - Journeys end or is there more left?
Lucky man.

Enjoy the music
I

Klimax LP12 (Cirkus, Tranquility, Radikal D, Keel, Urika, Khan top plate, Ekos SE, Kandid). Klimax Renew DS. KK D, Solos D. 242 mk 2 with upgraded stands. Project RCM
2018-05-05, 12:20 (This post was last modified: 2018-05-05 12:37 by Red Rooster.)
In the flesh

Klimax LP12 with Tranquility/Klimax DS/ Klimax Kontrol/ Klimax Solos/ Kudos C30's
2018-05-05, 13:10
(2018-05-05 12:20)Red Rooster Wrote:  In the flesh

Stunning player. Looks like a CH plinth.
Will it live on top of your sideboard?

Klimax LP12 (Cirkus, Tranquility, Radikal D, Keel, Urika, Khan top plate, Ekos SE, Kandid). Klimax Renew DS. KK D, Solos D. 242 mk 2 with upgraded stands. Project RCM
2018-05-05, 13:17
thanks .lol

The photo was taken when I first saw it at Rearsby (as per my post)

Deck is now in place in my day room atop a Tiger Paw wall shelf with my Klimax kit underneath on Isoblue.

The gorgeous plinth is a Linn Limited Edition in Fluted Walnut. Totally unique.

RR

[/quote]

Stunning player. Looks like a CH plinth.
Will it live on top of your sideboard?
[/quote]

2018-05-05, 13:20
Brilliant. Just what I wanted to hear.

2018-05-06, 23:11
(2018-05-05 13:17)Red Rooster Wrote:  The gorgeous plinth is a Linn Limited Edition in Fluted Walnut. Totally unique.
It's a cracker - kudos to the wife, too Smile

I'm heading up that way in another week for an Oak fluted, amongst other bits n' pieces...

Oak LP12_Lingo1/ Linto_Kore_Ittok III_nude Akiva | Oppo UDP-205 | Ak Tuner
KK/2_KCT/d {Lejonklou K-200} Ak 212 | 2250/d - 225 | AV5105 - Tukan | Sizmik 10.25 | Intersekt R4S5 | Isol-8 MiniSub Wave {Silvers}
+Technics SL1210s | Urei 1620 | Nakamichi System One | AV5125/d - Katan (Aktiv) | Roomamp 2i
2018-05-07, 10:58
Enjoy it as I'm sure you will. Nearly had the oak but couldn't resist the traditional walnut. Although nothing traditional in this guise IMHO. Very contemporary

Kind Regards

(2018-05-06 23:11)moog_man Wrote:  
(2018-05-05 13:17)Red Rooster Wrote:  The gorgeous plinth is a Linn Limited Edition in Fluted Walnut. Totally unique.
It's a cracker - kudos to the wife, too Smile

I'm heading up that way in another week for an Oak fluted, amongst other bits n' pieces...