Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-08-15, 23:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / Cueing lever up or down when not listening

Cueing lever up or down when not listening
2018-05-05, 12:55
Cueing lever up or down when not listening
I have an Ittok LVII and when I'm not using my LP12 I've been keeping the cueing lever down while the arm is locked in place. I always thought it was better to leave it in the down position than up. Is there any truth to this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-05-05, 13:52
RE: Cueing lever up or down when not listening
always done that with both my Ittok's and Ekos arms in the past. I don't use the cueing lever at all. Always by hand even when slightly under the influence. Never had an issue ;-)

Fluted black LP12/Kore/Cirkus/Lingo1/majik solid base/Ekos1/ESCO Troika, Mogami T-Kable, Naim 72K/HiCap/180, NACA5, Neat Mystiques2
2018-05-05, 15:14
(2018-05-05 13:52)kota Wrote:  always done that with both my Ittok's and Ekos arms in the past. I don't use the cueing lever at all. Always by hand even when slightly under the influence. Never had an issue ;-)

Same here, but, Kota, I would recommend lifting it up and down occasionally, in case it seizes into position.

‘troll
2018-05-05, 17:21
(2018-05-05 13:52)kota Wrote:  always done that with both my Ittok's and Ekos arms in the past. I don't use the cueing lever at all. Always by hand even when slightly under the influence. Never had an issue ;-)

I usually manual lower it on to the opening groove and raise at the outer groove. Only time I use the lever is if I'm lowering or raising on a certain track. I don't trust my steadiness in the inner grooves.
2018-05-05, 21:52 (This post was last modified: 2018-05-05 21:55 by kota.)
(2018-05-05 17:21)HDMan72 Wrote:  

I usually manual lower it on to the opening groove and raise at the outer groove. Only time I use the lever is if I'm lowering or raising on a certain track. I don't trust my steadiness in the inner grooves.

True Shy

(2018-05-05 15:14)moomintroll Wrote:  

Same here, but, Kota, I would recommend lifting it up and down occasionally, in case it seizes into position.

‘troll

Spot on !! Never had a failure there myself but that makes a lot of sense too ..

Fluted black LP12/Kore/Cirkus/Lingo1/majik solid base/Ekos1/ESCO Troika, Mogami T-Kable, Naim 72K/HiCap/180, NACA5, Neat Mystiques2